Internet problem

loppylugs1

With 3BB 10 Mp service.

Been OK up until few weeks ago,first thought rain was the problem.

Had the 3BB guy take a look routers OK the Ethernet switching seems OK (lights blinking) but pages slow to load and text missing ,keeps re-setting as well.

Would go with 13 Mb ,but would this solve anything?

Exactly the same problems for me with 3bb over the past week or so. I also have same problem with true adsl now, which leads me to believe there is a temporary international routing issue, rather than a 3bb problem.

An internet cable serving SEA broke on 22 Sep ( 2nd time; thought to have been caused by fishermen) with repair scheduled to start 29 Sep. Repairs was expected to be completed sometime this month depending upon the weather and sea condiditons. That may be the cause of any problems Thailand internet users experience.

Yes heard of the cable thing,but wanting local information the comp is slow.

Will try the DNS changing,but if I change with the link supplied will computer restore to previous date put me back in original DNS setting? Not too comp savvy

Thanks

Lots of words follow; do not know if they will be of any help or not. I am obviously not the most knowledgeable or I would have run the tests I show below before posting. I have True fiber 15MB/1.5MB. Based on these result in and outside of Thailand, it looks like the cable might be repaired. The last time it broke (2 months or so ago) I was getting, at best, something like 5MB to the U.S., and mostly less. But the latency was about the same as today.

On the other hand, I usually get the 15MB/1.5MB.... so what do I know?

Have you run a speed test? And as Poor Sucker suggested changing the DNS might help. It helped me in the past. Get your modem/router user's manual and it should tell you how to change it. Then you will always be able to go back to 3BB's default. NameBench is a good program to find an optimum DNS (Google it).

You may know this, but you would have to hard wire connect to your modem to make the change (user manual should cover). Which leads me to the question, did you set up your modem, enter the password, etc., or did the 3BB tech do it for you? If you did it, you probably know how to start, at least?

This may or may not apply: I was having problems and the tech said the same thing you said yours said. But then he saw that I have True's Cisco modem/wireless router set up (bridged) to act only as a modem and was using a Belkin wireless router. My PC was ethernet connected to the Belkin (brand names do not matter here, only the connections). When the tech switched my PC ethernet cable from the router to the modem, my PC download speeds went from 10MB-12MB to 15+MB, my program speed.

Maybe if you describe your set up, people can suggest a solution? For example, when I am connected wireless on the front porch, I get very slow speeds because of the number of concrete, rebar, and brick walls between me and the router. Move 10 feet over directly under the 2nd story window where the router is and I get "miraculous" download speeds.

THAILAND:
Download Speed: 16078 kbps (2009.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1686 kbps (210.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 36 ms
10/15/2014, 9:51:41 AM

HONG KONG:
Download Speed: 10827 kbps (1353.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1652 kbps (206.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 144 ms
10/15/2014, 9:49:34 AM

USA:
Download Speed: 9547 kbps (1193.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1450 kbps (181.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 592 ms
10/15/2014, 9:50:27 AM

I think perhaps people should clear their system cache.... this sometimes resolves slowness....

I like Poorsucker, am having no problems with 3 BB at least on Samui ... 13 Mbs package.

10 or 13 Mbs seem to be the same, except I hear that the 10 Mbs package does limit you to use... but 3 BB do let you know when limit has been exceeded.... unlike True who just slows things downbah.gif

See if emptying the Cache helps! wink.png

I think perhaps people should clear their system cache.... this sometimes resolves slowness....

I like Poorsucker, am having no problems with 3 BB at least on Samui ... 13 Mbs package.

10 or 13 Mbs seem to be the same, except I hear that the 10 Mbs package does limit you to use... but 3 BB do let you know when limit has been exceeded.... unlike True who just slows things downbah.gif

This could well be the problem,did report the problem a couple of weeks ago and the lady at 3BB told me to switch the comp off,and not leave it on all day,so maybe a limiter on my comp,never knew that.

do not download much these days but I switch on in the morning and leave it on all day,switching off at night time.

Maybe lesson learned Thanks

This could well be the problem,did report the problem a couple of weeks ago and the lady at 3BB told me to switch the comp off,and not leave it on all day,so maybe a limiter on my comp,never knew that.

do not download much these days but I switch on in the morning and leave it on all day,switching off at night time.

Maybe lesson learned Thanks

I am no computer wiz .... but I don't think that suggestion from 3 BB, would help clear the cache on the computer .... once in a while a forget to do it, and think about doing it when things do slow down...

I am not sure how to explain how to do it... perhaps one of the other helpful people around here could explain that! I use a program to do it on Mac ... but there has to be other ways.... PC might be different...?

Anyone! whistling.gif