Body of a Thai woman found at a river in Scotland

webfact

Body of a Thai woman found at a river in Scotland

PAISLEY, SCOTLAND, 14 October 2014 (NNT) - Police in Scotland have discovered the body of a Thai woman at a river after she had been missing for two weeks.

The woman was identified as 41 year-old Amnuay Hobbs and her body had been found floating in the Cart River near the Inchinnan Road in the town of Paisley.

Ms. Hobbs was a resident of Oban, a town off the western side of Scotland and was scheduled to take a trip back to her home country. However, she mysteriously disappeared on October 2nd and her relatives went to the police to file a missing-persons report. On the same day, a witness reported that she was last seen at Paisley.

Police in Scotland are now investigating to determine the cause of the death and her body would be sent to the forensics team for an autopsy.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-10-14 footer_n.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Body of missed flight woman found
By PRESS ASSOCIATION

The body of a woman who disappeared after missing her flight to Thailand has been recovered from a river.

Amunai Hobbs, 41, was last seen in the Paisley area on the morning of Thursday October 2 after leaving Glasgow Airport.

Police Scotland said her body was recovered by officers from the River Cart, Inchinnan Road, Paisley, at about 11.40am yesterday.

Officers said Mrs Hobbs' relatives are aware.

A force spokesman said: "A post mortem will take place in due course to establish the cause of her death; however, at this time there would appear to be no suspicious circumstances."

A report will be sent to the procurator fiscal.

Mrs Hobbs was from Thailand but had a home in Oban, Argyll.

Source: http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/news/scotland/body-of-missed-flight-woman-found-1.624567

-- Evening Telegraph 2014-10-14

I don't know if this is a murder case or an accident.

Have to wait for the outcome of the investigation.

What worries me that this will be picked up by the Thai media and social network and used as a retaliation to the Kho Tao murders.

RIP Thai Lady.

I am confident that there will be a quick and thorough investigation. I would imagine that Mr Hobbs is already co-operating with the police or has an arrest warrant issued in his name. I doubt we'll try to pretend it could have never have been a Brit!

• Like 1

I would imagine that Mr Hobbs is already co-operating with the police or has an arrest warrant issued in his name.

Why would Mr Hobbs have an arrest warrant issued in his name? sad.png

... at this time there would appear to be no suspicious circumstances
  • Like 1

"A post mortem will take place in due course to establish the cause of her death; however, at this time there would appear to be no suspicious circumstances."

Despite those words in the article, the conspiracy theorists are starting to muster and the link made to Koh Tao, this despite the fact the poor lady may have actually taken her own life, although such an outcome does interferes with the evenings entertainment, I almost expect to read at some point that someone here thinks this might be a killing in retaliation. Sad, really really sad!

"A post mortem will take place in due course to establish the cause of her death; however, at this time there would appear to be no suspicious circumstances."

oddly nobody has commented on this remark.

i can think of other circumstances where it would have fueled pages of discussion

This could seriously affect Thai tourism to Scotland. I do hope the Scottish police allow the Thai authorities to conduct their own parallel investigation, and do their own DNA testing. I read something on LA CSI or was it wikipedia or was it somewhere else. No matter it must be a conspiracy.

RIP

I am confident that there will be a quick and thorough investigation. I would imagine that Mr Hobbs is already co-operating with the police or has an arrest warrant issued in his name. I doubt we'll try to pretend it could have never have been a Brit!

Well it doesn't say much for Brits if they feel no remorse or a bit of shame when one of their own murders someone.

Apparently the above poster could care a less about this woman's death except how it relates to the British couple.

Yet he and many others here swear they are not bigoted.

My condolences to the woman's family.

Did you know her personally then ? I mean if you are going to offer condolences for everyone that dies in the world you could end up being a professional mourner. It is a piece of news, nothing else,get over it.

Nope. Didn't know her or her family, however, my Thai wife is about that age and I couldn't help thinking of her first trip to the US and that is was a bit overwhelming for her and I think of how her own family would feel if she were reported dead half way around the world. They didn't want to her to travel so far from home.

My people, my small, rural niche of the world, we practice something called "empathy". Its in the dictionary if you are interested.