British envoy meets Thai, Myanmar officials on murder probe

webfact

Would be great to find out how they could one of the most important witnesses leave the island. The Scottish guy named "Sean."

Let's hope that Scotland Yard did its own research.

Have you read his latest social media statements. He says he doesn't know who did it, and explains his former fb comments differently to how many of interpreted them. Makes it clear he was guessing the male victim went to try and rescue the lady, but only guessing.

Not really the key witness he's been made out to be - which he blames on the media inventing things.

Maybe a coincidence, but it seems his account has been shut.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I keep reading the British initiated the complaints that the RTP were handling this case incompetently but i believe the Thai forums were complaining about this long before the British jumped on the badwagon

You bet they were, this is generally how tourists murders are investigated, so nothing new, if only tourists really knew what went on in the dark side of Thailand they'd all go some place else.

"It is unclear if Thailand has responded to the offer of help."

Everything is unclear on this case.

First they have to be sure they can cover all the tampering of the evidence they have done and then may be they will allow the British to contact an investigation.

And the outcome?

Due to loss of vital evidence the British police was unable to come to a conclusive decision.

The UK has the bodies and probably samples from them before burial. The Thais have the suspects. It shouldn't take much to match the two, unless the two disappear without trace.

• Like 1

I normally don't speculate, but I'm guessing both these meetings might be a very diplomatic way of giving the Thai government a chance to save Face.

Quite possibly the British have done their own DNA workup, quietly done some other investigation, and have strong evidence of what really happened, and who did it.

So yesterday's "summons," and now this meeting, might be a gentle warning: Get your ducks in a row and arrest the right people .

I truly hope so.

Anyone that thinks the Brit embassy have not been on this from the start is a fool. same with Westminster. They will have stood back, taking notes allowing time for Thailand to do what they see fit. You don't just stick your nose into a sovereign countries judicial system when you feel like it

Correct.............thumbsup.gif

It's called "Diplomacy"....smile.png

• Like 2

If the junta (claiming to back the RTP 100% in their 'perfect investigation') continues to hang tough, The Brits (and Myanmar officials) will have to reluctantly back down. Call me a cynic if you want, but diplomatic calm seas trumps doing what's right for a couple of Burmese who are barely officially Burmese.

I keep reading the British initiated the complaints that the RTP were handling this case incompetently but i believe the Thai forums were complaining about this long before the British jumped on the badwagon

Lets not turn it into a 'My Dad is bigger than your Dad' debate, huh.

Not sure 'bandwagon' is a fair description.

Britain was involved the moment these two young people were murdered...

Forums only reflect personal views and assumptions...we are not the officials in any way shape or form, but agree that they serve to highlight much...

I'll give my own country credit for how they have quietly and professionally conducted themselves. But this is not the end by any stretch, I maintain 'we' are in for a shock and surprise as the evidence is explored and offered.

If the junta (claiming to back the RTP 100% in their 'perfect investigation') continues to hang tough, The Brits (and Myanmar officials) will have to reluctantly back down. Call me a cynic if you want, but diplomatic calm seas trumps doing what's right for a couple of Burmese who are barely officially Burmese.

And that would be a backward step for humanity.

Not sure about that.....If that were the case the Brits would not demand an audience with Thai officials.....

We have stood back, but did our behind the scenes investigation, be sure about that. The ball is in the Thai court now, their decision how they want to play it. They know the Brits are no.1 when it comes to real stuff and for sure they ain't worried about LOS.

It is of no importance who is doing what to whom and whose methods are better.

what is important is that two innocent men not be made to pay for the crimes of 2 SOBs who think they can get away with murder because they are connected.

SINCE THE VICTIMS WERE UK CITIZENS it seems apt that the UK government are playing their part and hopefully a responsible result will be the outcome.

We all know who did it as love 1012 pointed out in his post, so let us hope they get their just desserts.

While they are at it they could also lock up the Red Bull low life and throw away the key.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

British Ambassador Mark Kent told AFP he was meeting with the Thai police, foreign ministry officials and his Myanmar counterpart, without giving further details.

I will be expecting a Thai official reiterating how happy the British and Burmese embassies are about the handling of this case.

There are so many ways to obtain real DNA data other than sperm. for one thing there seems to be some struggle so another place needs to be check is under the nails. I think the Thai authorities should be on notice in case they temper with evidence.

I am still waiting to see if the head man son submit to DNA testing

Anyone that thinks the Brit embassy have not been on this from the start is a fool. same with Westminster. They will have stood back, taking notes allowing time for Thailand to do what they see fit. You don't just stick your nose into a sovereign countries judicial system when you feel like it

Yes and 'diplomacy' usually means fudge, 'diplomacy' means sweeping things under the carpet in the wider strategic and business interests of Britain and its Western friends (the US). It rarely recognises 'justice' as an important factor, if it is inconvenient.

• Like 1

Yes and 'diplomacy' usually means fudge, 'diplomacy' means sweeping things under the carpet in the wider strategic and business interests of Britain and its Western friends (the US). It rarely recognises 'justice' as an important factor, if it is inconvenient.

Weeeeeeeeeeeell, think your wrong, if that were the case the UK would say "Good job RTP", but they ain't..........................WATCH THIS SPACE..............smile.png

• Like 1

They are very busy down there in Surat...

just another "mysterious death.....", this time a Thai who "fell out of favour" and was just about to be charged, the day before he "suddenly fell and died"...

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-ex-mayor%E2%80%99s-death-causes-%E2%80%98mafia%E2%80%99-case-postponement-49048.php

Must be very confusing having to get "explanations" for all these dead people right...

Edited by TTom911

"It is unclear if Thailand has responded to the offer of help."

Everything is unclear on this case.

First they have to be sure they can cover all the tampering of the evidence they have done and then may be they will allow the British to contact an investigation.

And the outcome?

Due to loss of vital evidence the British police was unable to come to a conclusive decision.

The UK has the bodies and probably samples from them before burial. The Thais have the suspects. It shouldn't take much to match the two, unless the two disappear without trace.

Are we forgetting that there are other suspects to track down?...those of the mafia-family on the island?

IF (many suspect, probably for good reason, we still don't know for sure yet) these local thugs were the culprits then the only chance would be if the RTP would have been dumb enough to still leave some DNA traces (if it existed) on the evidence which the British police would be able and willing to trace back to these people, which would require under-cover evidence collection and the lot... That sounds AWFULLY unlikely to me, as satisfying as that would be (if all true) - hence I at "best" expect an "inconclusive" outcome with the culprits probably getting away... "mission accomplished", RTP, even if with 2 black eyes, but who cares...

Edited by TTom911

Would be great to find out how they could one of the most important witnesses leave the island. The Scottish guy named "Sean."

Let's hope that Scotland Yard did its own research.

There is every likelihood that Sean has disappeared off the face of the planet, i.e. "silenced"

Diplomacy by it's very nature is a 'closed doors' affair which inevitably fuels the belief on said forums that 'the Embassy ain't doing nuffink', particularly among Brits. The truth is usually very different, as has become apparent this week. Posters should perhaps bear this in mind before taking to their keyboards...

Well said, so many people on here criticising the British Government for doing nothing, yet a lot of activity has been occurring in the background. I am sure Mark Kent did not decide just to have a meeting today, it will have been planned for several days. I am sure the British Government have information the Thai Police may not have been privy to and are looking for a diplomatic solution before it is released.

Ahhh makes you proud to be one her Majesties Loyal Subjects (just send over Daniel Craig aka James Bond now and i will be happy)

Quite right.....but please excuse the lot of us that live here in Thailand as we have become used to having the authorities tell us what they are going to do before they do it! cheesy.gif