Is it possible to reduce the childish, superficial rants on what is otherwise a great forum: TV?

KhnomKhnom

This site use to be a source of very good information, But some people think they are Thai Visa, They know every thing about Thailand, and more than the Thais know about there own country.. Most people forget that you are only a Quest in Thailand if you are a foreign person, Nobody knows every thing, and maybe taking some one else opinion on board and just excepting it even if its wrong , rather than trying to shout down and bully other people. English is not every body first language, and i for one are dyslexic. So maybe don't be so critical at other peoples point of view. happy posting.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why don't newspapers only report on good happy happy news?

Like lady went out shopping, found everything she wanted, went home, watched t.v. and had a nap.

Because it's freakin' BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't boring the first time

Like lady went out shopping, found everything she wanted, went home, watched t.v. and had a nap.

Is that a riddle?

In case it's not clear, yes, I was responding to the OP.

Reading that rant made me think of this image:

post-37101-0-02900400-1413302462_thumb.j

Is that a riddle?

In case it's not clear, yes, I was responding to the OP.

Reading that rant made me think of this image:

Riddles are normally quetions, and often rhyme, or have other 'humourous' elements:

"What can go up a chimney down, but not down a chimney up?"

"What would once be a pedant, but twice a rant"

Sometimes, riddles are like crossword clues; sometimes, like a constipated mathematician

SC

Aye, fine, edit the second time, which I quoted.

Have you no sense of humour?

3. Thailand will suffer if we all go away. Do not under estimate the contribution of the expats in this country.

Never ceases to amaze me just how much people need to feel special, revered and even "useful"

There's never going to be a memorial at Suvarnabhumi or Victory Monument commemorating your modest pension's colossal contribution to Thailand's economy so try to get over it . . . .

Speak for yourself, Sir.

Personally, I'm not on one pension but 3 pensions.

May be you will never see the money I'm getting now as a pensioner in the whole of your working life.

What on earth would prompt you to make such a ridiculous statement?

I ain't no school teacher on 30K, bro

The main reason the Greek economy is a basket case with the rest of Europe having to bail them out is because of the low retirement age there, 57 i believe for a full pension. Never mind that they can't afford it, the rest of us Europeans will pick up the tab. Should have let them go to the wall, doubt if there would be any bragging about their huge pensions then!

• Like 2

OK, calm down OP, I do believe you and agree with most of your points.

I will just list the points I do not agree.

1. We are not treated as adults on the forum, so sometimes we do react as children.

2. Why should I be married to conceive a child? Which age are you living in?

3. Thailand will suffer if we all go away. Do not under estimate the contribution of the expats in this country.

4. Thailand should care how you do things at home. They adapt to, and take all new trends from the west so they do care how we do things at home.

5.We are not a burden on the state, and we will never be, but the state puts burdens on us that sometimes they are without logic or reason.

These are the points I disagree with you but at least I'm calm.

what % of thai gdp is a result of expats?

The key to making this site more enjoyable is the Ignore list. Filtering out the usual suspects who love to avail us day after day with their expertise on every topic seemingly known to man, does help to make some branches more tolerable... thumbsup.gif

The key to making this site more enjoyable is the Ignore list. Filtering out the usual suspects who love to avail us day after day with their expertise on every topic seemingly known to man, does help to make some branches more tolerable... thumbsup.gif

Yes, ignore is useful sometimes.

Hello there, my ironic friend!

Never ceases to amaze me just how much people need to feel special, revered and even "useful"

There's never going to be a memorial at Suvarnabhumi or Victory Monument commemorating your modest pension's colossal contribution to Thailand's economy so try to get over it . . . .

Speak for yourself, Sir.

Personally, I'm not on one pension but 3 pensions.

May be you will never see the money I'm getting now as a pensioner in the whole of your working life.

Yet, you still feel the need to steal bath-robes from hotels........

Would rather be poor and honourable.

The Ignore function is only used by wussies that are easily bruised.......

• Like 2

I think he means the monetary contribution of farangs in the aggregate.

They're not all arrogant and obnoxious... only some.

I find it demeaning to read so many foreigner crybaby childish rants on what should be a forum for adults staying in Thailand because it connects me as an adult foreigner with this wailing and teeth grinding as if it were standard for every foreigner here.

Huh?

One persons rant is another persons belief or view. My suggestion is if you don't like what you are reading then just scroll past the post. This is a forum to express views and opinions. Simple as that. If you disagree either say so or move on. Don't let it get to you, as it would seem that the Op is letting it.

I find it demeaning to read so many foreigner crybaby childish rants on what should be a forum for adults staying in Thailand because it connects me as an adult foreigner with this wailing and teeth grinding as if it were standard for every foreigner here.

Huh?

One persons rant is another persons belief or view. My suggestion is if you don't like what you are reading then just scroll past the post. This is a forum to express views and opinions. Simple as that. If you disagree either say so or move on. Don't let it get to you, as it would seem that the Op is letting it.

This guy called me a pedo. No reason. Just up and called me a pedo. Wouldn't you respond?

To the OP:

You are right to rant, to rid yourself of the bad feeling. Yet you'd be even more right to accept the world the way it is, then there would be no need to rant.

I think the point of the OP was for anti-Thai ranters to accept the world of Thailand for what it is, instead of blast off on every tiny speck of Thai culture that does not match what goes on back in the UK.

Hmm! yet another excuse for a UK rant! a bit flimsy though to say the least,considering there are around 200 Countries in the world! But who's counting?

Edited by MAJIC

There's another current thread about meeting folk who post on TVF.

One poster observed that the folk he met were nothing like their personas on TVF.

That's the point, an anonymous chat room

Same as the "telephone voice" most folk have.

Not real!

Fun sometimes though.

I'm learning to not respond to some posts though LOL

It's also interesting that many posters mood seems to go through swings from good to DONT TOUCH ME!!!!!

Booze can also do that to me, I wonder if others are occasionally affected the same way too?

Does anyone wake up and read their posts from last night and wonder who wrote THAT! LOL

Check out the History on Skype - same thing eh? LOL

Oh, look, it's wine o'clock!

Hasta mañana

(Slips off to open a bottle of Pata Negra Gran Reserva 2006 €2.50, on special at the moment)

Oh how I shall miss you next month.......