PM Prayut wants quality tourists to visit Thailand

webfact

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once in not so distant past somebody else had came with the same nonsense about "quality tourists" - Mr Taksin himself in the context

of Koh Chang.

the problem with them - millionare and General, is the same: they are narrow minded,they do not understand peoples need for travel;

and the idea of tourism.

They call backpackers - "hippies";I call them - independent travellers.

Todays bacpackers,who are mostly students - tomorrow will come back as professionals,bizness people with families and fat wallets. and finally,

after half a century - as retired geezers with bank accounts.You do not need to be genius to see it!everybody knows it.

Who will open their eyes?

Mr Taksin now travels himself as a perpetual tourist,I do not see any end of it.He will understant travellers!

My view is the PM loves his country and is not happy about it's international reputation,

So what can he do about it?

Maybe close all the bars and nightclubs in the affected areas. maybe to much fall out

He has enough trouble with the beach clean up and closing all the bars and nightclubs would have a massive knock on effect

He would be seen as being too heavy handed, so maybe the only other way is to single out the tourists that frequent these areas,

Still has the same effect but slowly the businesses would go out of business due to lack of customers

Pattaya, Phuket, Soi Cowboy, xmfr_closed1.gif.pagespeed.ic.UuJWYpOV2u

• Like 1

Tourists who are not quality tourists ?

Are these the men who turn up in Pattaya, get badly drunk (pissed out of their minds), and puke up on the pavement whilst walking back to the hotel at two or three in the morning ? Surely, these people do actually generate money when drinking in the bars ? They must be okay then.

What about those Chinese in the 'Asian tour groups' who walk along Walking Street in Pattaya, but never actually go into any bars, never buy any drinks or lady drinks ? Are they quality tourists ? Well, they do pay their hotel bills, so, yeah, surely they are quality tourists ?

My view is the PM loves his country and is not happy about it's international reputation,

Maybe close all the bars and nightclubs in the affected areas. maybe to much fall out

He has enough trouble with the beach clean up and closing all the bars and nightclubs would have a massive knock on effect

He would be seen as being too heavy handed, so maybe the only other way is to single out the tourists that frequent these areas,

Still has the same effect but slowly the businesses would go out of business due to lack of customers

If alternative employment can be found for those affected it wouldn't be a bad thing.

• Like 1

Perhaps the PM would do better to concern himself with ensuring the operators of tourist activities are of better quality. Much better quality.

'He said that the British minister was satisfied with the explanation from the Thai ambassador.' This being the charge d'affaires whom the British govenrment didn't summon? Not according to non-Thai media reports, though I suppose it depends on one's interpretation of satisfied.

quality tourists don't want to see litter strewn streets with mangy dogs everywhere, canals with black putrid water, traffic jams, noisy public places with no .....oh forget it. Yes dear leader keep up the fantasy that you're returning happiness to the people and soon you'll see quality everywhere

Edited by Time Traveller
  • Like 1

Once in not so distant past somebody else had came with the same nonsense about "quality tourists" - Mr Taksin himself in the context

of Koh Chang.

the problem with them - millionare and General, is the same: they are narrow minded,they do not understand peoples need for travel;

and the idea of tourism.

They call backpackers - "hippies";I call them - independent travellers.

Todays bacpackers,who are mostly students - tomorrow will come back as professionals,bizness people with families and fat wallets. and finally,

after half a century - as retired geezers with bank accounts.You do not need to be genius to see it!everybody knows it.

Who will open their eyes?

Mr Taksin now travels himself as a perpetual tourist,I do not see any end of it.He will understant travellers!

So let me get this straight.

Unbathed backpacker finds a destination that allows him to chase prostitutes and remain drunk and drugged for his entire travel experience so then same backpacker necessarily chooses that same destination 10-20 years later when he wishes to take his kids and wife on a family vacation.

Why exactly?

Why is he more likely to return to Thailand?

Its really amazing that so many here want to criticize the PM-General for simply saying what every good leader of every country thinks and wants.

What do you guys think? You think Obama says, "Dang, what we really need in the US is for the tourism industry to start advertising to guys who want to do drugs, stay drunk all the time, chase hookers, break our laws and disrespect our cultural priorities...not take baths... and, oh yeah, not spend any money."

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

Judging by recent arrival of new blathering stumble bum drunks in Jomtien, I'd have to say they have quality. Low quality, but hey, that's a quality....

You are right two low quality now come high. We need high quality maybe a test given at the airports are needed. Also make sure they carrying at 5,000 US dollars per person

Yes, because wealth equals quality.

Jesus!

The quality tourist left luggage department . . . .

1000x1000.jpg

In Australia the singlet and thongs are considered Bogan wedding attire, so when they come to Thailand they are over dressed.

Oh that made me chuckle.

Happy to see there are more than a few here besides my friends and family that would not mind seeing the sex tourists and other various forms of low life alcoholics leave Thailand. I am sure there are other places you guys can go and drink yourself silly and pass on various diseases .

Happy to see there are more than a few here besides my friends and family that would not mind seeing the sex tourists and other various forms of low life alcoholics leave Thailand. I am sure there are other places you guys can go and drink yourself silly and pass on various diseases .

Newsflash!!!! There are more lowlife alcoholics and frequenters of the sex industry (including under age) amongst the locals vs tourists. So what's the plan for them?

• Like 1

Newsflash!!!! There are more lowlife alcoholics and frequenters of the sex industry (including under age) amongst the locals vs tourists. So what's the plan for them?

This thread happens to be about tourism.

Try to keep focused.

Tourists don't have the rights as citizens so its much easier to remove such dirtbags.

• Like 1

Came back from Pai recently. Hordes of chineese scum everywhere. Thai restaurant owners yelled at all chineese customers. Apparently the chinese have a nasty habit of just walking in to restaurants with outside food and not ordering anything lol. It was crazy.

The PM loves his country?

This vain man has shown utter contempt for his people from day one.

Red Bull, Koh Tao and a warrant for Taksin, that would have shown business, but he has failed on every chance he has had.

The microphone sham at Goverement house says it all, caught with his hand in the till and still nothing!!

But what is Thailand to do???

If alternative employment can be found for those affected it wouldn't be a bad thing.

it is their country they can allow who they like

Ambassador?

Invited?

yea that's true but where are they going to find 30 million high end quality tourists to meet thier expectations next year? 100 quality tourists each year is not going to bring in as much revenue as your average tourist families and the like. Gees they will then complain that tourist numbers are down and it's all the fault of the bloody quality farang tourists.

What's a quality tourist I wonder? Eliminate the sex tourists and back packers and what percentage remains? They contribute a huge chunk to the Thai economy. Quality tourists will take their money elsewhere....plenty of nice beaches around the world, and much nicer than anything Thailand can offer.

Thanks to the PM's bungling and loose lips, he can now be attacked for his performance. No need to make negative comments about the coup!thumbsup.gif

Edited by culicine

Damn, if I'd heard this soon enough I would not have bought these $5 second hand sneakers. But, actually they are

like new, and look good. Well, yeah, I do detect a slight odor when holding up close to my nose but aside from that

it does seem they'd pass a style test. Must fix my teeth a bit though, I agree. We

ll, perhaps I should wisely choose a more accepting destination.

Lots of hatred towards the Thais here. Perhaps you should not stay here in the tourist traps, and learn to speak a little Thai. That just might help a tiny bit. How odd i rarely get scammed and i tend to ask the price before hand. If i understand its a rip off i just move on. Like i said no Thai is holding a gun to your head. 99.999 percent of the time i pay the same price as a Thai. If i don,t trust a certain area i make sure i see the price before hand. As far as Thais being rude yes that does happen and most of the time it is in the tourist slums where i tend to avoid as much as possible. Concerning the Thais being just as bad as the sex tourists i disagree. One they don,t tend to slobber over their young piece of meat in public. The Thai men tend to be much more discreet . If you have not noticed they have areas to park your car with a curtain. The majority seem to know better not to marry a hooker unlike foreigners. Foreigners seem to like the lowest quality possible, Thai men would never touch them. I understand this likely will hit a nerve here but its the truth. If you really hate this place so bad don,t forget you can leave at any time. Twenty years here already with my wife and her Thai family. Guess what? No one drinks in the family, no sick water buffalo stories, and no one ever asks for money. The tourists and expats should be screened much better before entering. Do you think the majority of the sex tourists, foreign criminals , and the hippie dippie pad Thai eating backpackers would ever be allowed to enter most countries without a problem ? i seriously doubt it. The majority of tourists seem to have no common sense, they left that at the airport. Who in their right mind has sex on the beach in front of their guesthouse in a know conservative country. There are a number of Do's and Don;ts in numerous travel books and websites. I guess they can,t read.

Edited by Jungle Jim

Lots of hatred towards the Thais here. Perhaps you should not stay here in the tourist traps, and learn to speak a little Thai. That just might help a tiny bit. How odd i rarely get scammed and i tend to ask the price before hand. If i understand its a rip off i just move on. Like i said no Thai is holding a gun to your head. 99.999 percent of the time i pay the same price as a Thai. If i don,t trust a certain area i make sure i see the price before hand. As far as Thais being rude yes that does happen and most of the time it is in the tourist slums where i tend to avoid as much as possible. Concerning the Thais being just as bad as the sex tourists i disagree. One they don,t tend to slobber over their young piece of meat in public. The Thai men tend to be much more discreet . If you have not noticed the have areas to park your car with a curtain. The majority seem to know better not to marry a hooker unlike foreigners. Foreigners seem to like the lowest quality possible, Thai men would never touch them. I understand this likely will hit a nerve here but its the truth. If you really hate this place so bad don,t forget you can leave at any time. Twenty years here already with my wife and her Thai family. Guess what? No one drinks in the family, no sick water buffalo stories, and no one ever asks for money. The tourists and expats should be screened much better before entering. Do you think the majority of the sex tourists, foreign criminals , and the hippie dippie pad thai eating backpackers would ever be allowed to enter most countries without a problem ? i seriously doubt it.

for what i learned about thais,some of them are very good to hate each other just as farang do..and maybe more

you can enter every internet and games shop and look at hordes of kids shouting "iet mee" to each other.speaks a lot

Edited by kaobang

Lots of hatred towards the Thais here. Perhaps you should not stay here in the tourist traps, and learn to speak a little Thai. That just might help a tiny bit. How odd i rarely get scammed and i tend to ask the price before hand. If i understand its a rip off i just move on. Like i said no Thai is holding a gun to your head. 99.999 percent of the time i pay the same price as a Thai. If i don,t trust a certain area i make sure i see the price before hand. As far as Thais being rude yes that does happen and most of the time it is in the tourist slums where i tend to avoid as much as possible. Concerning the Thais being just as bad as the sex tourists i disagree. One they don,t tend to slobber over their young piece of meat in public. The Thai men tend to be much more discreet . If you have not noticed the have areas to park your car with a curtain. The majority seem to know better not to marry a hooker unlike foreigners. Foreigners seem to like the lowest quality possible, Thai men would never touch them. I understand this likely will hit a nerve here but its the truth. If you really hate this place so bad don,t forget you can leave at any time. Twenty years here already with my wife and her Thai family. Guess what? No one drinks in the family, no sick water buffalo stories, and no one ever asks for money. The tourists and expats should be screened much better before entering. Do you think the majority of the sex tourists, foreign criminals , and the hippie dippie pad thai eating backpackers would ever be allowed to enter most countries without a problem ? i seriously doubt it.

smile.png ...................Gawd..............coffee1.gif ......................rolleyes.gif

• Like 1