Thai Police nab three foreigners wanted on different charges

webfact

Police nab three foreigners wanted on different charges
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police have nabbed a Swedish national, wanted in his country and by Interpol for alleged fraud and colluding to falsify debt-collection payments worth Bt82 million, it was revealed yesterday.

Christian Ingvar Palmgren, 59, has allegedly been hiding in Thailand since 1997, police said.

Pol Maj-General Warawuth Thaweechaikarn said Palmgren lived in Pattaya and ran a bakery. He said the suspect had entered Thailand via the Malaysian border.

Police have arrested Russian Ruslan Valiev, 31, at a hotel in Chon Buri. He was wanted by Interpol for drunk driving and causing an accident that claimed two lives and injured another person in his homeland on August 24, police said yesterday.

Meanwhile, an Indonesian identified as Sukma Gani, 40, was arrested at an apartment in Wang Thonglang district in Bangkok for allegedly breaking into a pickup and stealing Bt130,000 in cash, a mobile phone and amulets worth Bt157,000 in Pathum Thani on August 29.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Police-nab-three-foreigners-wanted-on-different-ch-30245497.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-15

• Like 1

The daughter of one of my very close friends died in a hotel in Chiang Mai a few years ago. The investigation was a farce. He, the father of the girl, has come to terms with it and so did I. I am surprised at the constant harping and vitriol from all these strangers over the KT tragedy/debacle. There are literally hundreds of pages of it.

This story is not a deflection, it's news, published by the media, with it's own interesting angles.

I hope the KT mob don't derail things. If I want to read about KT, I will go to any of the numerous threads.

1997, and finally caught now. How did the Swede stay here visaless and even open a bakery?

As for the Russian...pretty quick work on the part of interpol and the RTP. Well done.

Also quite quick work on the arrest of the Indonesian. But something smells off; Bt287 000? Kept in a car that he just decided to break into? Very convenient to have a foreigner available to do it, especially if insurance has already paid out.

• Like 2

Nice arrests of foreigners. How about the Thai Mr. Bigs?

With you all the way, you ask this often and the support is there but unfortunately your question contains the answer ' Thai Mr. Bigs '.

When the banks went to the wall years back some were deemed ' too big to fail ', here we deal with people ' too big to be caught / prosecuted ' unless there's a motive other than breaching the law.

thanks for trying to divert attention by noting other trivial stuff- still a farce you boys are!

I think it's a step in the right direction... and you know that I"m generally the critical type. If they are criminals, I'm glad they're in lockup. That they are foreign is irrelevant to me.

Excuse me....

But is it possible to have a thread about the RTP without relating it to the Koh Tao mess?

Yes, many are concerned about the way it has, or hasn't been handled.

But, it is not the only issue the RTP are involved with.

Tunnel vision has taken over I fear!

• Like 1

"Pol Maj-General Warawuth Thaweechaikarn said Palmgren lived in Pattaya and ran a bakery. He said the suspect had entered Thailand via the Malaysian border."

17 years ago.

looks like he made of DOUGH.

The CRUST of the matter is, he has been LOAFING about for so long, at YEAST they got him in the end.
He should have known a baker's dozen is unlucky for some.

Excuse me....

But is it possible to have a thread about the RTP without relating it to the Koh Tao mess?

Koh Tao on the brain. they created the hype- people want some answers is all.

Edited by gemini81

Yes it is possible, but don't complain if people want to maintain/increase the pressure (at every opportunity)on the Thai authorities over this.

It's recent, it appears to have been badly investigated, there are questions over the arrests, there are questions about prominent people, there are questions about why a prominent person appears to have been excused from giving DNA because he claims he wasn't there. There are questions about his alibi.The British and Myanmar government have got involved, it's in the international press

Maybe the police have the right people, but maybe not. It's a big event that have the got the international community and Thai people to raise questions and concerns over how the Thai police operate.

Excuse me if it bothers you

Excuse me....

Real Elliot Ness level stuff here.

Not to make light of drink driving etc but this isn't really menace to society stuff.

An Indonesian who broke into a car? And it gets a press release?

Maybe I should call them up and tell them what I saw in my neighbor's yard today: two clothespins were holding up a pair of pants. The clothespins were Japanese.

• Like 1

The daughter of one of my very close friends died in a hotel in Chiang Mai a few years ago. The investigation was a farce. He, the father of the girl, has come to terms with it and so did I. I am surprised at the constant harping and vitriol from all these strangers over the KT tragedy/debacle. There are literally hundreds of pages of it.

This story is not a deflection, it's news, published by the media, with it's own interesting angles.

I hope the KT mob don't derail things. If I want to read about KT, I will go to any of the numerous threads.

1997, and finally caught now. How did the Swede stay here visaless and even open a bakery?

As for the Russian...pretty quick work on the part of interpol and the RTP. Well done.

Also quite quick work on the arrest of the Indonesian. But something smells off; Bt287 000? Kept in a car that he just decided to break into? Very convenient to have a foreigner available to do it, especially if insurance has already paid out.

I think the fact the Swedish guy had 82 million baht when he arrived might explain why he stayed free so long and was able to open a bakery.

• Like 1

Nice try, but what about justice for Hannah and David. Stop trying to deflect from one of the most hideous and offensive coverups in human history. We will never forget and we will never let you forget.

Agreed. It's a good thing that as Buddhists, they believe in karma.

"He was wanted by Interpol for drunk driving and causing an accident that claimed two lives and injured another person in his homeland on August 24, police said yesterday." So it is safe to assume that all the Thais who have done drunk driving causing death have been apprehended already? I feel so much safer....