What is the best way to convert pension income to Thai Baht

ImJustHangin

Hello

Coming from Canada I brought cash with me and having been it getting converted at T&T (best rate in town)

Now that I have the retirement Visa I'm going to start having my income sent here regularly.

The first step would be to open an account here, but I've noticed the banks don't give the same rates.

So how do I get the best rates?

I'm sure many have dealt with issue.- any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

banks usually are between .5 and 1 baht less than the best rates, dont understand why you are so worried about it. I like the rates my bank gives and have no complaints, they are usually very close to the best around and better than most, I am not going to worry about a few hundred baht to every thousand dollars that goes into my account

Maybe the same for you my income from abroad (uk) is sent to a 3rd party who converts it to thb and then deposits into my thai acc.

As the amount is no more than 3 transactions per month the service is free,could be that you could get same,although i will say that my sum is from my ex company pension,and therefore could be useless info for you but worth enquiring with the persons who administer your funds.