Bangkok: Common car in supercar parking beginning of downward spiral?

webfact

Common car in supercar parking beginning of downward spiral?
By Coconuts Bangkok

fancycar.jpg
Photo: Pantip

BANGKOK: -- The issue of reserved parking for drivers with special needs is finally getting the attention it deserves. All too often owners of Supercars are finding their special, fancy parking spaces occupied by unworthy vehicles.

A popular mall responded to the pressing issue of protecting our scarce parking assets for the convenience of the super-rich after outrage(!) spread over a lowly Nissan eco car allowed to use such a spot.

The mall was Siam Paragon, which seems to benefit from some special media policy, as its name was again withheld from reports for no apparent reason.

Paragon officials explained that despite the appearance a commoner gained access to its “SuperClub” parking spaces – which are restricted to fancy super cars only for security reasons – the driver was in fact a certified member of the elite.

As some had speculated online, the Nissan Almera belonged to none other than Thanapat Tantisaewaekul, the 19-year-old businessman who puzzled the public last month when he blew THB25 million on a vanity license plate for the car.

Yet the internet was not about to let something pointless and absurd such as which car can and cannot park in a fancy parking space rest without torturing the issue with empty debate.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/10/15/common-car-supercar-parking-beginning-downward-spiral

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-10-15

• Like 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when a supercar and money classified people as "elite" and deserve attention!!?? Unfortunately it doesn't prevent stupidity!

Never. The OP was saying that very much tongue-in-cheek, ie it was a mickey-take, and it went right over your head.

• Like 1

Thanapat Tantisaewaekul, the 19-year-old businessman

cheesy.gif

What's his business? Being someone rich's son?

When the licence plate story broke wasn't he supposed to be a student ?

Reserved parking for the elite used by riff raff.

Reserved parking for disabled drivers at Tesco used by everybody.

Is that the precious license plate owner?

• Like 1

"...the 19-year-old businessman who puzzled the public last month when he blew THB25 million on a vanity license plate for the car."

I wonder what Freud would say these drivers of long, big, beautiful cars are overcompensating for.whistling.gif

• Like 1

Didn't see the Bentley or the Roller, I guess Chalerm wasn't shopping that day.

And guess how many of the cars which you can see there belong to army generals?

Any topic and you will hit below the belt to get a post in. What the Heck has this to do with the army----bury your hate.

Didn't see the Bentley or the Roller, I guess Chalerm wasn't shopping that day.

And guess how many of the cars which you can see there belong to army generals?

Would it be as many as those belonging to corrupt PTP politicians?

Very much doubt it, who could get more corrupt than PTP-they actually proved it themselves.

Why would anyone buy a super-car in Thailand at more than twice the UK price, then try to drive it in the most gridlocked city in the world. Two full helpings of stupidity. I laugh when I see one of these hilarious people.

Beats me also but it's their money to do whatever they wish.