mother inlaws ?

romeijoe

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had 2 MILs with my third and current wife (second Thai wife). MIL1 was pure gold, in fact her name was Maa Tawng. She was skeptical of me until she believed that I would take good care of her daughter and family. MIL2 showed up exactly 90 days (it's a Buddhist waiting period) after MIL1 died. I often wonder if MIL1 arranged that as she was something of a match maker and having been ill for years knew she wouldn't be around long and didn't want Paw Waan (a real sweet guy) to be alone. Maa Key (that's with a high tone and NOT a falling tone) is also pure gold.

I don't know if my mother in law is made of gold or not as we have our issues from time to time but I stay at her house on my days off rent free, she cooks for me and my other half, she takes care of our nephew, takes care of the yard, works on the farm, and even though she hates dogs, feeds my dogs while I'm away at work all week and makes sure when it rains, that the dogs are chained up at the house so they don't get wet.

Love my mother in law to bits , been with my wife 8 years and she has been top notch the whole time ! My sister in law and brother in law are both real decent people as well . If I had my way she would be living with me . Can't fault the family at all it's often me that's the idiot in our relationship .

Even though mine only lives 10 minutes from us here in Chiang Mai, we only ever see her about once a year; during the time of year the Chinese pay respect to their relatives who have passed on. Been that way since I met my Mrs. 9 years ago. When I was looking for a partner many years ago, one main point was to find someone who was not glued to her Thai family like so many are, with families always looking to borrow money, control the daughter's life, looking for a hand out, etc.

• Like 1

OP. no, your'e not alone but my MIL lives 1700 km away so we don't see her much but when we do, she's all smiles and seems very happy to see us all, she treats me very well and I have a hard time giving back with attention and care but I do try.

My MIL always have something that needs to be fixed around the house so I bring my toolbox and get a chance to work with my hands for once.

Also gives my wife a break from translation chores, MIL speaks Lao/isaarn and I just can't understand what she says.

My mother inlaw has 5 daughters and 1 son (son of which now lives in Japan). Whenever we go to visit, especially stay for a couple of days, she treats me like a prince, so over the top. My wife says it's because she loves boys and didn't have anywhere near as many as she wanted (ie replace all the girls with boys..). So I get special treatment. I put on weight big time when staying there for more than a few days