Help me value my truck, please?

Going back to the Wildtrack(sorry a bit of topic).

Today in Kanchanaburi and I asked,also available in Black or White(for those who remember,it's behind the Yellow! ;-)post-99099-14135501787081_thumb.jpg.

3.2 Wildtrack 4X4 fully loaded etcetera

Today in Kanchanaburi and I asked,also available in Black or White(for those who remember,it's behind the Yellow! ;-)attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1413550155.296602.jpg.

There will be no more 3.2L engines from Ford and Mazda in 2015. End of.

Ford are ditching the old Ford Transit mill.

Today in Kanchanaburi and I asked,also available in Black or White(for those who remember,it's behind the Yellow! ;-)attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1413550155.296602.jpg.

Yeah, that's what they announced - no more 3.2L in the MY15 range. The problem is, the Ford TH website shows the entire current range (including the 3.2L) as being MY15 - hence the confusion about what's actually going on.

I thought I read somewhere [cant remember website?] that in the Mazda 2015 line up was the all new Skyactiv-D a 200hp 3.2 lt Engine for the Pro BT50 ?

And of course they're not going to tell the customer you'll be buying an obsolete model!.

They were offering up to 130,000 discount or 0% interest on various models. The full amount was on the old style Fiesta,I wonder what they will give next year off the 3.2?

thelongshoot, on 16 Oct 2014 - 11:24, said:

Appreciate the feedback people thank you very much. Bugger me.... I might just hang on to it given those prices. The listed value is indeed 800K+ but market prices right now are more like 650K+. I was thinking of selling it and buying a Wildtrak 3.2 which sell for 1,039,000. I would have to shell out around 300-350K to upgrade. I wasn't expecting that!

Sort of got the bug though now. I had no idea Wildtraks came in 3.2 engines. I always thought they were 2.2 only which put me off buying one when the new ones released. I love me Isuzu - its solid and quick - but the Wildtraks just seem like another level to me.

Anyway thanks for you help

TLS

I have the same as you a Pearl White early 2012. 3Ltr V-Cross Z-Prestige (4*4 as they all are) with an electric Carryboy cover. I fully intended changing to the MU-X when it came out.

Went to discuss with our dealer, who we know quite well and he just said 'don't. I eventually got the reason and it was that he could only offer 550,000THB for it ... then it was less than 2-years old and in immaculate condition, with less than 30Kms on the clock. He said at that time that the 1st car scheme had completely ruined the market for 2nd hand pickups. He said keep it another two years and you won't get much less offered then.... so we still have it.

I would be interested in what you finally get for it. Also interested in what people comment on my experience.

Sure 1st car scheme has completely ruined the market for 2nd hand pickups and for cars..

There is loads of say 1.2 GLX Auto - Mirage at 1 year old For Sale between 260 - 300,000 baht.... same with a 1 year old March.. New 1 year ago they cost 460,000 baht..

Most bought a pickup because a year or 2 down the road they lost very little and back then Pickups were one of the cheapest vehicles to to buy

Look to be lots of the old model Hi-Lander 3 lt, Cab 4 Auto's For Sale around 2010 model and 500,000 mark, so yes you will still get 500 -550,000 in another 2 years time if the market stays the same.

Appreciate the feedback people thank you very much. Bugger me.... I might just hang on to it given those prices. The listed value is indeed 800K+ but market prices right now are more like 650K+. I was thinking of selling it and buying a Wildtrak 3.2 which sell for 1,039,000. I would have to shell out around 300-350K to upgrade. I wasn't expecting that!

Sort of got the bug though now. I had no idea Wildtraks came in 3.2 engines. I always thought they were 2.2 only which put me off buying one when the new ones released. I love me Isuzu - its solid and quick - but the Wildtraks just seem like another level to me.

TLS

I have an Isuzu and would not trade it for a ford.

The Ford looks good and thats about all.

I have a couple of mates with the Wildtrack and they wished the had kept their Toyota's

Keep your Isuzu. Only Ford fans or crazy people buy Ford's in LOS.

Or anywhere else. F.O.R.D. = Found On Road Dead.

Nah I've had a couple Ford trucks, my Dad had a few. They were garbage as compared to Japanese engineering.

Toyotas & Nissans are the Cat's Meow when it comes to trucks.

Both have a few quirks, but nothing like a joke of a Ford.

I put 400,000 miles (640,000 km) on a Nissan truck I had - 1992 model. Damned thing would probably still be going if my brother hadn't wrecked it a couple years ago.

One thing about Nissans is the flippin' window regulators are garbage. ALWAYS had problems with rolling the windows up & down & I've owned more than one Nissan...Always the windows having problems. Car, trucks you name it.

Currently own a 2006 Toyota Tiger. No complaints so far other than the driver's seat could use some lumbar support......That & the RETARD at Car-Boy (near Ocean Marina in Pattaya) that changed the oil & forgot to tighten the plug.

Luckily I spotted the oil stain in the driveway before it went dry. It wasn't hard to spot in my driveway.

You currently own a 2006 Toyota Tiger???

Interesting... Toyota stopped production of the Tiger in late 2004 I believe. Look it up.

You must be special.

TLS

I have an Isuzu and would not trade it for a ford.

The Ford looks good and thats about all.

I have a couple of mates with the Wildtrack and they wished the had kept their Toyota's

2 years ago I sold my 2004 Colorado for Bt350,000 to buy a Ranger....I have just sold that Ranger for Bt.350,000..... spectacular waste of money.

I wish I kept the Colorado.

Thanks for all the replies, too many to reply to individualy of course.

Im going to keep my Isuzu. I know very little about cars and the car market so I had no idea Ford had such a bad rep here. After reading the negative comments here I researched it a little more. For whatever reason, people here just dont love Fords. There must be a reason for that, no smoke without fire.

I do like my Isuzu. It feels like such a solid truck, well built truck, very comforatble and very quick. The interior is a bit naff with the brown seats and If i am honest the look of the Wildtrak did win me over. Look are not everything, as I often tell my mrs. Its size and quality that counts, as I also tell her. Ill stick with the Isuzu.