Ducati 796

PercyinOz

Hi guys/girls,

I am moving permanently to BKK next year and would like to buy a 2nd hand Ducati 796 (no more than 2 years old). The thing is I can never find any for sale, there are plenty of 795's available.

Can anyone advise a good place to look aside from on here and bahtsold which have been where I have beem searching so far.

Thanks.

Percy the only problem with buying from a Thai is 99% of the time the

bikes are on financing

Here in Thailand the banks etc do not discount for early payoff & still require the full term of interest...usually 4 years etc

The Thai's themselves seem to always expect to get back what ever they also already paid then give you the bank note to clear

This many times makes most Thai 2nd hand bikes more expensive than a new one

Of course once in awhile you may find one that is not financed but they are few & far between from my observations

You may want to also try the Ducati dealers themselves as they offer their trade in's

No Monsters today but they usually have 3 or 4

http://www.ducatithailand.com/preowned_bikes/preowned_bikes.do

bikes are on financing

Here in Thailand the banks etc do not discount for early payoff & still require the full term of interest...usually 4 years etc

The Thai's themselves seem to always expect to get back what ever they also already paid then give you the bank note to clear

Of course once in awhile you may find one that is not financed but they are few & far between from my observations

You may want to also try the Ducati dealers themselves as they offer their trade in's

Yep, good points. One more thing to add, if the OP can find a bike without finance you have an advantage and a strong bargaining position paying cash since most Thais will need financing and getting it is not only a longer and more uncertain process but for 2nd hand bikes it's especially tricky (unlike cars).

Re the pre-owned bikes at Ducati, the website isn't updated frequently, it's worth walking into the dealers and checking it in person.

• Like 1

bikes are on financing

Yep, good points. One more thing to add, if the OP can find a bike without finance you have an advantage and a strong bargaining position paying cash since most Thais will need financing and getting it is not only a longer and more uncertain process but for 2nd hand bikes it's especially tricky (unlike cars).

Re the pre-owned bikes at Ducati, the website isn't updated frequently, it's worth walking into the dealers and checking it in person.

Here we go. First page, 8th ad. Just as an example.

http://www.ducatibikersthailand.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=a1bed8cd360860da101647518f60f332&topic=18515.msg189184#msg189184

You are going to be ok. Especially next year (many more will become available) because Ducati only started selling the 796 this year.

Many available without financing if that is your worry.

Edited by Nickymaster

Great advise guys, I wasn't aware of the financing situation so it is good to know this now. I reckon I will check in with a couple of dealers, we bought a place in Nonthaburi and their is one close by, I can register my interest with them so they can notify if/when something comes available. Cheers.

Www.Bigbikemarket.com facebook page.

They have 796s sale there as low as 300 k thb.

Ducatis mostly used to go to starbucks so most of them have low kms and not abused much what i can see.

Good luck.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 2