Is it always this bad outside?

FireMedic

I've been in Nonthaburi since May. I don't remember seeing the amount of pollution on the drive into BKK over the last few months. The last week or so has been terrible and you can hardly see the buildings a few hundred meters away. My eyes have felt weird too, all dry and itchy feeling. Is there a smoggy season that comes and goes?

The long term expats have got so accustomed to it (especiallly in Chang Mai) that they hardly notice it. Worringly most of them don't know what damage such conditions have already done to their lungs. The problems will come later in life for sure. A couple of choking months in HGK sent me scurrying for fresher air. What a relief!

• Like 1

The long term expats have got so accustomed to it (especiallly in Chang Mai) that they hardly notice it. Worringly most of them don't know what damage such conditions have already done to their lungs. The problems will come later in life for sure. A couple of choking months in HGK sent me scurrying for fresher air. What a relief!

What does HGK stand for? Why do you have to be so lazy as to only type the initials? If it stands for Hong Kong, why can't you type Hong Kong?

• Like 2

The smoggy season starts in January and runs through the end of December.

Started early this year in Pattaya. Air is so smoggy you can practically cut it with a knife. I thought at first it was farmers burning their fields, guess not.

Even when I was down in KL it was horrible from the burning. It's gotta be from fires around us somewhere because it was so thick.

If you stick around you will see it get worse bah.gif

Go to a local clinic...tell the Dr. if you are having breathing problems...

I use MEPTIN 50mg 1/2 tab morning and night...it is proactive treatment of breathing problems...which can lead to asthma, bronchitis, and pneumonia..

I have not had to go back to the clinic for congestion...since...

Goof Luck....

What does HGK stand for? Why do you have to be so lazy as to only type the initials? If it stands for Hong Kong, why can't you type Hong Kong?

Hong Kong just for you. Now, do you have anything interesting to say about the subject itself or are you some kind of correction freak?

• Like 1

Possum your going senile, keep up on the medication.

Started early this year in Pattaya. Air is so smoggy you can practically cut it with a knife. I thought at first it was farmers burning their fields, guess not.

Have you been to China in winter.....

The Air in Nonthaburi is much cleaner and fresher that central Bangkok, I travel out there once a week and the Different in Air Quality is unbelievable,

Bangkok needs to start using Cleaner engines in the Buses and Canal Boats etc . Would be a start.

Edited by thai20144

Many of us who travel a lot refer to places by their airport codes, yes HGK is Hong Kong, BKK is of course Bangkok, CNX Chiang Mai.

Is it lazy? Perhaps. Is it acceptable? IMHO - Yes.

Do you write etcetera in full?

What an arrogant attitude. Sounds like showing off to me.

Possum your going senile, keep up on the medication.

and what medication would that be? Unfortunitly, there's no medication for lazyitis.

• Like 1

Many of us who travel a lot refer to places by their airport codes, yes HGK is Hong Kong, BKK is of course Bangkok, CNX Chiang Mai.

Is it lazy? Perhaps. Is it acceptable? IMHO - Yes.

Do you write etcetera in full?

What do you call London?

Hong Kong just for you. Now, do you have anything interesting to say about the subject itself or are you some kind of correction freak?

Read post 26#.

I see no air in Pattaya being smoggy as long as you stay clear of the street vendors barbequing their pork/chicken etc.

But then I've been here 30 years so maybe I'm used to it.