Retirement visa renewal in Jomtien, same?

infinity11

As far as I know, requirements for applications for annual extensions based on retirement at Jomtien have not changed recently.

What did change was that Jomtien no longer does CONVERSIONS of entry stamps or tourist visas to 90 day O visas for the purpose of starting with a retirement extension.

As you clearly have an EXISTING extension in effect, that new restriction does not effect you.

Interestingly, just today a poster reported that Jomtien no longer accepts early retirement extension applications as early as 45 days as many reports have said for a long time now. This report today says that the previous no longer than 30 days early rule is now in effect.

While that report sounds sincere, I don't think we know yet what ACTUALLY will happen if you go in there 45 days early though.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

From August 28 some things have been hived off to BKK,and that passport office in BKK is massive,along with the rest of the building Soi 5 Jomtien is a serene backwater in comparison,and the all white customers.

BKK would be likened to Calais,they sure are pouring in there,asylum seekers too by the look of it, makes me wonder just where Thailand is going to draw the line. That place does have me worried to my existence in Thailand

From August 28 some things have been hived off to BKK,and that passport office in BKK is massive,along with the rest of the building Soi 5 Jomtien is a serene backwater in comparison,and the all white customers. BKK would be likened to Calais,they sure are pouring in there,asylum seekers too by the look of it, makes me wonder just where Thailand is going to draw the line. That place does have me worried to my existence in Thailand

"Soi 5 Jomtien is a serene backwater in comparison,and the all white customers. "

"That place does have me worried to my existence in Thailand "

Frightened by all the "white customers" are you? Maybe your comment should have been posted in the KKK forum.

From August 28 some things have been hived off to BKK,and that passport office in BKK is massive,along with the rest of the building Soi 5 Jomtien is a serene backwater in comparison,and the all white customers. BKK would be likened to Calais,they sure are pouring in there,asylum seekers too by the look of it, makes me wonder just where Thailand is going to draw the line. That place does have me worried to my existence in Thailand

"Soi 5 Jomtien is a serene backwater in comparison,and the all white customers. "

Frightened by all the "white customers" are you? Maybe your comment should have been posted in the KKK forum.

Funny. Well I can say that the White Russians are so incredibly super white that on average they cancel out the more tan ones in the office. whistling.gif

Funny. Well I can say that the White Russians are so incredibly super white that on average they cancel out the more tan ones in the office. whistling.gif

You ever looked at the place?,ever seen the clientele?. This is what you will be rubbing shoulders with,....me? no thanks,not in a million,trillion years

I renewed mine 10 days ago ..nothing changed from last year .....in and out in 15 minutes .....going in the afternoon is a lot quieter

I was in there on Thursday at 2:30pm to get a re-entry permit. Longest wait I can remember of over 90 minutes. The place was packed. Reporting and retirement visa section were not busy though.

What did change was that Jomtien no longer does CONVERSIONS of entry stamps or tourist visas to 90 day O visas for the purpose of starting with a retirement extension.

As you clearly have an EXISTING extension in effect, that new restriction does not effect you.

Does that mean the only way to get a retirement extension now is to obtain a non-O visa from out of country?

Does that mean the only way to get a retirement extension now is to obtain a non-O visa from out of country?

No, it does not.

Obviously if you already have a current retirement extension, you never need a new VISA as long as you keep doing continuous annual retirement extensions.

If you are starting new with retirement extensions, of course you do need a current O visa in your passport.

For that, you can:

-- get an O visa out of Thailand (for example a single entry O in Malaysia)

-- use your O-A (from home country) when you need to enter the extension system

-- go to BANGKOK where you CAN still do a CONVERSION from an entry stamp or tourist visa to an O visa if you show financial qualification for the second step, retirement extension (which Jomtien people would do at Jomtien)

No, it does not.

Obviously if you already have a current retirement extension, you never need a new VISA as long as you keep doing continuous annual retirement extensions.

If you are starting new with retirement extensions, of course you do need a current O visa in your passport.

For that, you can:

-- get an O visa out of Thailand (for example a single entry O in Malaysia)

-- use your O-A (from home country) when you need to enter the extension system

-- go to BANGKOK where you CAN still do a CONVERSION from an entry stamp or tourist visa to an O visa if you show financial qualification for the second step, retirement extension (which Jomtien people would do at Jomtien)

Of course I'm not asking about getting a retirement extension in the case where you already have one....

I'm curious about having to get another one in the case mine expired or I forgot to get a re-entry permit etc... and not visiting my home country, which I seldom do.

Are you able to do the conversion in Bangkok if you live in Pattaya? I missed the reports about the change of policy about this conversion at the Jomtien office. When did this happen?

Are you able to do the conversion in Bangkok if you live in Pattaya? I missed the reports about the change of policy about this conversion at the Jomtien office. When did this happen?

October 1, I believe.

YES, you can do the conversion in Bangkok, first step, and retirement extension at Jomtien, second step.

Nationally, if your local office doesn't do conversions, you can do the conversion part in Bangkok. Nothing new in that.

Sadly Jomtien is now of the local offices that does NOT offer conversions.

Maybe this is a temporary change based on some kind of crackdown?

In any case, NOW no conversions at Jomtien.

BTW, even if you couldn't do a conversion in Bangkok (you can though) another option is visiting a neighboring country such as Malaysia and applying for a single entry O based on being over 50. This might even be less painful than the Bangkok step for many, so it's a real option.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

August 28 Can book the time and date on line Morchit bus station about the nearest but still long way. Get ticket in hand ASAP top priority, as will be bundled out at 12 ,long long queue forms at 1, get another tix later if you miss first slot, if you miss through being sent for copies