Different rules in different areas ?! ( work permit and visa)

i live in chiang mai

I have to leave Thailand to get a NON B visa,and after with this visa i will get the work permit

( i did it before, and evrething is Clear and understandable for me)

but the Lawyer that take care for me about this, told me that i have to go out thailand to laos or singapore or any othet country - for a two weekes !!
she say some of the Rules changed...

i just show her that i have 2 friends with the same case, that get the non B visa in the last month,
and 2 of them go out for a 2-3 days (1 go laos and 1 go hong kong), so how the rules changed ?
1 of my friend live in bkk and 1 live in phuket

so i get the no. phone the lawyer that take care my friends case and give my lawyer totallk the with him
and she beck to me with a Very strange answer : "There are differences ruls between chiang mai and bkk and patayya and phuket"

the officer in chiang mai (immigration,Department of Labor , etc..) have they own ruls ?!

she (my lawyer) say, that i can go to singapor and meaby i will get the visa after 2-3 days, and meaby i will not
and if not its maen they need from me one more documants- and this documents she can get for me only when im out side of thailand
( so why cant get it before i live thiland????) and if things like this happan, its maen i have to wait in singapor 10-12 days until she get the documants
Sounds ridiculous to me,,,evrey day in singapor is at last 100$ Witout flight ticket go and beck.

Someone was in situation like this ?

Sounds like problems about the WP3 form.

Not heard about any problems about this in CM at this moment. The official rules didn't change. There should be no problem with filling the documents and receiving a WP3 form and letter from the labour office before your trip and get the Non-B visa in two days.

I don't really understand what the lawyer is saying.

Is saying you have to be out of the country for him to apply for the work permit application and then send the approval letter to you. If this is the case I don't think he knows what he is doing. A WP1 can be filed with a tourist visa and then you get the application approval letter.

Then you go out to get the non-b visa.

With correct company documents you can get a non-b without the approval letter in Singapore.

• 2 weeks later...

i chack agin more details, some embessy can applay WP3 - but they can ask to some Document
this Document you can get only if you allredy out side thailand, and in chiang mai its take around 10-14 days.
this problem Happens only if you come from chiang mai.
Understanding? i not, but i no have Power to explore the subject agin and agin
( i allredy tallk with 2 farangs, they hed the same story)

the Lawyer tallk with the embassy in singpore, they say for now they no need this document but they not sure whet will be next week....

I have to decide now where to go to do my NON B visa,and maybe i have to Get stuck in some Country for 10-14 days

in viantine, its 50:50, myabe they ask myaby not.

Savannakhet - never bin there, all i know is have to take flight from c.mai and then 5 hours drive by bus
very long way but some pepole say its very easy embassy

Phnom Penh- flight to bkk the flight to phnom pen, no have any Reporting about the embasy, but if i have to stuck in some country,
this is not bad Option to go a few days to sihanoukville

singapore- flight from chiang mai, but this is the last place i want to stuck for 14 days, i think evrey day there is 150-200 $

Is saying you have to be out of the country for him to apply for the work permit application and then send the approval letter to you. If this is the case I don't think he knows what he is doing. A WP1 can be filed with a tourist visa and then you get the application approval letter.

With correct company documents you can get a non-b without the approval letter in Singapore.

Ubonjoe, is this not a case of the lawyer interpreting the rules, I guess in the spirit they were written ?....ie company employs somebody from over seas, ie the person is not yet in country all the paper work to apply for the visa is sent to the person in their home country and the visa applied for ?

That's what I am reading from the OP, although there are no laws which say it has to be done this way however

Ubonjoe, is this not a case of the lawyer interpreting the rules, I guess in the spirit they were written ?....ie company employs somebody from over seas, ie the person is not yet in country all the paper work to apply for the visa is sent to the person in their home country and the visa applied for ?

That's what I am reading from the OP, although there are no laws which say it has to be done this way however

The problem is probably WP3/The Letter of Approval (LOA), because the lawyer said Singapore might be ok (doesn't currently ask for LOA or WP3 receipt).

Yes WP3 should be filed for someone who is outside Thailand and maybe Chiang Mai are strict on this, hence the two week delay to apply get the LOA.

I know of a case in Phuket where Labour pulled up an applicant submitting a WP3 themselves.

Maybe the lawyer doesn't know about the WP1 application process (new from around 4 years ago).