Jetstar Launches Asia Services

Farma

Jetstar launches Asia services

July 26, 2006

LOW-cost carrier Jetstar would offer one-way airfares to Asia from as low as $169 from November, the company said today.

The Qantas-owned carrier will fly to Bangkok, Phuket, Ho Chi Minh City, Osaka, Bali and Honolulu from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.

The first international flight takes off on November 23 from Melbourne direct to Bangkok, followed by a Sydney-Phuket services the day after.

"Our everyday low fares will similarly take Jetstar into a price leadership position in international leisure markets, with clear benefits for both Australian travellers and the Australian tourism industry," Jetstar chief executive Alan Joyce said.

Jetstar would offer two classes of services, including StarClass, which would be marketed to travellers wanting extra comfort.

"Jetstar will over the next four years develop a significant international network to a large number of Australian and overseas destinations," Qantas chief executive Geoff Dixon said.

This article from : AAP

i just tried booking 2 tickets with them as they have an offer for 910 baht Phuket Sydney. When i selected my dates the 910 turned into 20,000++

Yeah ...............what a con!

Just had a quick look 24/11 Phuket- Sydney 910 baht , return on 6th Dec also 910 baht.........but with extras works out to 20200 baht return.........now thats what you call a fuel surcharge :o

What website did you guys use? :D

good question? i looked at jetstar's site and got a price of about $600 return which is not bad but a lot more than the $169 quoted

http://www.jetstar.com/index.php?lang=sgen

Interestingly enough the fare has now gone up to 1610 baht each way plus all the extras................and that's only from 5 hours ago when i first posted. :D

Edit.............even more interesting the all in price has come down to 11500 baht return.........see below,

DEPARTURE

HKT - SYD

per Passenger

Fri, 24 Nov 06

22:20 JQ 28

RETURN

SYD - HKT

per Passenger

Wed, 06 Dec 06

15:20 JQ 27

5,199.00 DEPARTURE total

Adult 1,610.00

Surcharges, Fees & Tax 3,589.00

Airfare per Adult 5,199.00

Subtotal1 × Adults 5,199.00

6,311.00 RETURN total

Adult 1,610.00

Surcharges, Fees & Tax 4,701.00

Airfare per Adult 6,311.00

Subtotal1 × Adults 6,311.00

0EXTRAS total

11,510.00TOTAL

:D ...........if the 11510 can be relied on thats not a bad price. :o

Edited by thaiflyer1

I rang the bastards and they told me there all sold out, I said well how much are they mow she said $1100.00, she goes would you like to book now, I said if you pay for it and i hung up.

It was probaly just a publicity stunt