Koh Tao murders: Father swears his son is innocent

webfact

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'After the meeting, Kent said media freedom came with responsibilities, adding that it was important for the media to observe professional ethics. However, he said, he did not mean to tell the Thai media how to do their job. "Press freedom is necessary but it must respect a persons' rights," he said.'

The Thai press is under martial law. They are still told what to print.

The accused lives are at stake here. If they did it they deserve all they get; but if innoncent they deserve the best defence they can have.

• Like 1

We need a new British Ambassador . . . one with balls.

Oh, and a British Government with balls too.

So far, Mr Kent has been pathetic, and his public strong condemnation of the Thai Govt for deliberately misquoting him badly was heard loud and clear. Not.

Spot on, I am utterly disgusted by his actions and words on this so far, he should be sacked. Maybe someone could start a 2nd online petition calling for his head.

I hope those guys are the real killers because, at this time, Thai Police NEVER EVER will retract its decision. The case, real or "fixed", is CLOSE...but... doubts about.. never will go away.

I believe that is a lot more behind.

Why the bar owner brother and his son rejected to do the DNA test?

Innocent people will collaborate with any police investigation if asked to do so. Thai people are always very worry about gossips, and will try to avoid it in any way...The behavior of this people raise valid suspictions...

They may do the testings someday...but only after the case is "properly fixed".

Edited by umbanda

Anybody with two eyes and half a sense can see these two guys are not killers.

Now, that pic of Mon Set playing with the bilge hose on the boat; check his pecs and shoulder/biceps muscles at the edge of the pic. Pretty ripped, typical of (Thai/SE Asian) men who labor or of course of any young guy who's very active.

What some of the foreigners posting here don't get is that you don't have to be big to be very strong if your muscles are well-toned. Try arm-wrestling a skinny Thai labourer some time, see how it goes.

Last, anyone who's spent more than a couple years (like one self-appointed high-count poster who's a self-styled expert on Thailand after….3 years here! in SE Asia can pick out the tough guys pretty quickly if not at a glance. The guys peering over the counter at the 7-11 in the pic--tough guys, definitely. The Burmese guys--no way.

I've also noticed some posters on these Koh Tao threads with very, very high post counts, like 10-20 every single day for months; a few also have suspiciously similar names and posts (--John-- and similar in case you're curious) and to me come across as shills because they continually either praise the investigation without giving doing much other than parrot the police press releases, or otherwise mis-direct or try derail the thread by making irrelevant comparisons to other countries (as if two wrongs make a right), o badger people who are posting comments critical of this farce I mean investigation.

I suggest readers of these threads read with a critical eye anything written pro or con the handling of this case; though to be frank in my eyes the cons outweigh the pros 100 to 1.

Another ignorant i.e. misinformed comment the Thai authorities and some posters have made is that the rape of poor Hannah was due to sexual lust. This just shows they never took criminology 101, though interestingly it plays right into the framing scenario (or is another reason it's ludicrous, so in fact they're actually weakening their case in the eyes of all but the gullible by focusing on it as motive).

I've seen my share of gore in real life and not much shocks me any more, but the photos I saw of Hannah did. Whoever did that to her is a monster or was drugged up into being one. Brutal, vicious beyond anything short of a beheading; I actually encourage all of you interested in this case, especially the Thai-apologists, to seek these photos out, see for yourself, and then come back here and make word-play about her, David, or these two Burmese guys. Go ahead, disgust me (and no doubt others) more than you have already.

In my conspiratorial moments I can see this as an action directed either intuitionally or not at many foreigners in Thailand. The comments on the Thai side within days worrying or hoping about the effect on tourism have also disgusted me but also revealed what I've long known about Thailand, since I first started visiting it couple of decades+ back: we are tolerated for our money, at times given respect for our relative wealth/power (i.e. that of our native countries), but there is also a very, very strong current of envy and dislike bordering on contempt for us (and no small part of that is deserved due to the behaviour of many of us in Thailand), and that combination is a toxic one, it can and does lead to violence.

So open your eyes, folks, this is about all of us. Look at the facts; it would be very good actually for someone(s) to put together an online source of verified information related to the case, as well as a list of unanswered questions, of which there are many. The mantra for all of this should be "never again."

/rant

A very good post and I agree with almost everything you say apart from the pic is of Nomsod not his uncle Mon.

I do however agree that who ever did these things to Hannah has a hatred of women in general or there was a close connection IE jilted or the like.

• Like 1

My take on the matter is the police have handled the investigation extremely badly. From securing the crime scene, to stopping travel to and from the island, collecting evidence, DNA testing everyone possible but not including the head mans son... the whole thing is really beyond extremely badly. It's absolutely crazy.

So my opinion is "maybe" the 2 charged did it, but "maybe" they didn't. Were they alone or was a 3rd person present? And what's with the so called "friend" clearing out on the first ferry? And why is it the village head man son exempt from giving DNA?

What a mess....and a big blot on Thailand's copy book!

• Like 2

The Ambassador's statement here, the Time magazine "dictator" coverage, the professionally subte yet very clear wording in the BBC coverage can only happen if independent sources are now also VERY covinced, very most likely supported by hard facts, that this case is a shameful mockery... Brace yourself, Thailand, if you botched it.... it mearly started...

I am ashamed of Mark Kent's role in this! Obviously he is under orders from HMG back home, but why do I get the feeling that he is expressing his own views as well? If so, this whole episode is degenerating into a pathetic saga which will come to bit the LOS in the tail.

The Ambassador's statement here, the Time magazine "dictator" coverage, the professionally subte yet very clear wording in the BBC coverage can only happen if independent sources are now also VERY covinced, very most likely supported by hard facts, that this case is a shameful mockery... Brace yourself, Thailand, if you botched it.... it mearly started...

After a long life and many countries I came to the following conclusion "what is money good for if u can't get away with murder"?

Remember OJ??? Also, if u kill one or two it is murder, when u kill a million it is only a number, ask Mao

• Like 2

Has anyone seen any suggestion anywhere that either of the two accused is some kind of martial arts expert capable (as the RTP claims) of single handedly killing a much bigger and stronger opponent without suffering any injury himself?

has anyone seen any evidence you need to be a martial arts expert to swing a hoe into the back of a man's head when he is "on the job" ?

and no, no one on this forum has seen any evidence they are just making wild speculations based on media reports and coming to their own conclusions with no facts or proof to back themselves up and then claiming the people that do have the facts and proof are incompetent in their professions

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One dirty, rich family protecting it's son's murderous acts & in effect teaching their son that murder is ok is destroying a perfectly good & morally intact family.

All the son and the father have to do is a DNA test ,simple and lets get a second opinion from OZ labs.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen any suggestion anywhere that either of the two accused is some kind of martial arts expert capable (as the RTP claims) of single handedly killing a much bigger and stronger opponent without suffering any injury himself?

has anyone seen any evidence you need to be a martial arts expert to swing a hoe into the back of a man's head when he is "on the job" ?

and no, no one on this forum has seen any evidence they are just making wild speculations based on media reports and coming to their own conclusions with no facts or proof to back themselves up and then claiming the people that do have the facts and proof are incompetent in their professions

Go do some research!

Most of these theory's do have compelling evidence.

If you do the research you may just change your mind.

• Like 2

I wonder if Kent is passing on the strong message not to quote him, the Embassy or the British government without proper authority ?

Somehow i doubt it.

The BP website is reporting the lady as saying Kent made complaints about media ethics and standard of reporting. He supposedly said the KT victims' passports should not have been shown in the media.

She's reported to have said the commission would try and improve media ethics but had no control over social media. Nice fob off so let the wai's begin again.

Now all Kent has to do is get into all the unauthorised comments, quotes etc that Thai officialdom doesn't hesitate to make on behalf of others.

So far, Mr Kent has been pathetic, and his public strong condemnation of the Thai Govt for deliberately misquoting him badly was heard loud and clear. Not.

Kent's a diplomat, what you guys want is the SAS to come running in firing indiscriminately with automatic weapons.

Get real this is not a movie.

• Like 2

You do not need martial arts, nor be strong, to hit somebody over the head with a Hoe, when they are not expecting it. That pretty much would disable anyone.

I have often received an unexpected blow...from the back, or when not looking. It is actually the guy who is willing to make the initial attack that will prevail. Westerners tend to be loud...and normally try to intimidate, before making the first strike. I also try to avoid a fight, fearing the consequences (I am quite uncontrollable when riled up). Perhaps the victim was not prepared, or slightly incapacitated. More than likely, he did not understand the imminent threat.

Edited by slipperylobster
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One dirty, rich family protecting it's son's murderous acts & in effect teaching their son that murder is ok is destroying a perfectly good & morally intact family.

And your proof to this statement is what?

This 'loving father' has zero credibility and is probably an accessory after the fact. If he is so sure his little didums is innocent, why not send off his DNA for testing in the UK? Then we will all believe it.

To which "loving father" are you referring?

Not the father of Zaw Lin Oo, one of the two accused, I assume?

Check out the new post on facebook from the Thai Community!

There is a new suspect who is employee of AC bar Nomsot and his uncle and seen with the victims.

He is of interest because

1.this man was one of the footballers who went to party at the AC bar which is the same night Hannah and David got murdered.

2.he had left Ko Tao immediately and came back after the Burmese men were arrested.

2. Has stingray tail ring that can inflict and seems to match the wounds suffered by David Miller, and Hannah Witheridge .. Pictures on CSI LA

3.This ring is seen in pictures on his left side hand... the wounds are mostly on Davids right side and suggest a series of left hand punches.

4. this man is of a size and build that may be able to overpower David.

4. This man was accused of trying to rape Supannee Deighton two years ago and escaped him by jumping from a balcony.. you can read her story

and see wounds she suffered .

Burmese workers on the island are also starting to speak up and say they saw The headman's son on the island drinking till 12am with Sean the night of the murders..

Im not saying this person did it or if what others say is true but it is worth looking at and forming your own opinion.

The police should be investigating all these leads there is picture evidence and in some areas expert testimony.. If the police were not covering up for someone they would be questioning and investigating all these leads.

Looks like the citizens are doing there job for them..

If the above is factual, I agree that this man could have been involved in the crime. Given his previous, he appears to be a more likely suspect than the two Burmese. Time for the RTP to find new evidence?

BTW - the above F/B link isn't operative.

• Like 2

Well there are hundreds of protesters marching to Downing Street today.

When people are protesting in the streets, then it shows the general feeling in the UK.

More fuel for the press.... I wonder how Prayuth would take it knowing that there are protests on the streets because of Thai police corruption, and probably military government corruption to boot.

How does he think that reflects on Thailand on the world stage??

Basically.... You have been found out. This time it is NOT going to go away.

Oh you poms are soooo important!!coffee1.gif

In your dreams!

• Like 2

I hope those guys are the real killers because, at this time, Thai Police NEVER EVER will retract its decision. The case, real or "fixed", is CLOSE...but... doubts about.. never will go away.

I believe that is a lot more behind.

Why the bar owner brother and his son rejected to do the DNA test?

Innocent people will collaborate with any police investigation if asked to do so. Thai people are always very worry about gossips, and will try to avoid it in any way...The behavior of this people raise valid suspictions...

They may do the testings someday...but only after the case is "properly fixed".

Maybe they thought they were going to be stitched up so they refused? Who knows? Thais know the system well enough.

Where does it say they are rich you Dousche.....
I suggest you do 180 degree turn and read it again. Then call yourself a name.
  • Like 1

Well there are hundreds of protesters marching to Downing Street today.

When people are protesting in the streets, then it shows the general feeling in the UK.

More fuel for the press.... I wonder how Prayuth would take it knowing that there are protests on the streets because of Thai police corruption, and probably military government corruption to boot.

How does he think that reflects on Thailand on the world stage??

Basically.... You have been found out. This time it is NOT going to go away.

Oh you poms are soooo important!!coffee1.gif

In your dreams!

Well These things are debatable but in terms of economic clout we would be 6th or 7th in a global sense , where would Thailand or Oz be ?

Edited by joecoolfrog
  • Like 2

Kent's a diplomat, what you guys want is the SAS to come running in firing indiscriminately with automatic weapons.

Get real this is not a movie.

Diplomats and politicians don't have balls ... that's a pre requisite to getting the job ... but they do like to make wars for other people to fight.

• Like 2