hotel near Suvarnabhumi

migrant

Arriving late and then off the next day so looking for a reasonable priced hotel near the airport for a shower and a few hours sleep.

Checked Novotel but they want 148$ I'm not cheap, but for about 6 hours wouldn't mind something cheaper

Thanks!

several Thai-apartment-style hotels are located in the vicinity (Lat Krabang) of Swampy, they usually offer pick-up from the airport and can cost as low as THB 800. usually they will send you back to the airport too, but if the schedule of their Vans is not convenient, just take a cab for 70-80 Baht or so.

if you go to the agoda page, you can narrow your search to "Swampy vicinity".

have a look at the map though, because some hotels claim they are "Airport Hotels", when in fact they are 15-20 km away from the airport.

if you arrive and leave during the operation hours of the Airport Express (in that case the CITY LINE), you can book the NASA VEGAS Hotel, which is right next to the RAMKHAMHAENG station.

12 Minutes by Airport Express to get there.

may cost 700-800 baht, but be prepared for very old and worn rooms. locationwise it cannot be beaten, though

I agree with the above posts to just google airport hotels on Agoda or Booking.com.

You should be able to find something for under 800 baht including Rt airport shuttle.

I've stayed at both Great Residence Inn and Convenient Resort and they're both fine for a short stay.

I would avoid the Rom Ruen Resort. They have no representative at the airport and their shuttle took forever in both directions. They told me their driver was sleeping!

All good advice to use agoda or booking. Either may refer you to Thong ta Resort ( there is a residence too). I use this a couple oftimes annualy; not fancy but safe, free transport, snacks and 7Eleven nearby, and only runs about 23USD. enjoy

For such a short period, why not check out some of the options within the airport. I forget the names but there are several commercial lounges that offer sleeping and shower facilities.

Maybe pricier than cheap hotels but factor in Taxi expenses and time and maybe it will be a more practical option.

• 1 year later...

Queens Garden or Thong Ta… nothing special, good price, close and both will pick you up and take you back to Swampy.

I'm staying at Thong Ta for one night end of November. Could you tell me where is the pickup location that the hotels use at the airport? I get in really early, arrival 5:45 am, and would like to get to thotel, and the bed there fast, after a 25 hour trip (2 stops in Canada + Tokyo) Thanks in advance