Corrupt ‘government officials’ selling public beachfront in Pattaya, top Chonburi official claims -

Rimmer

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Still no people being put in jail,It is just talk.

The other similar 'scenario' is the footpath vendors all over Bangkok.

The military, police, BTMA officials have cleared them out of various parts of Ramkamhaeng Road several times in the last few months, and of course after a couple of days they return and block the footpath again and large numbers of pedestrians have no choice but to walk on the road, often with little kids and in danger.

Last evening I walked around the corner onto Ram. Road to go to 7/11. There was pandemonium; senior military, senior police and more just picking up whole stalls one after the other and throwing them all on the back of a 10 wheeler.

I speak / understand a lot of Thai, the message was loud and clear, 'who have been told again and again you cannot block the footpath, now you lose everything, next time straight to jail, and we have photos of you all'.

Not surprising lots of abuse and one female thug, perhaps 35 yrs. old, landed numerous heavy punches on a senior policeman. Other police asked around whether anybody knew the woman's relatives, if so call them and tell them to get here quick and take her away. People did turn up a few minutes later and took her away.

One of the staff from my accommodation was also watching and shared that the 'thug lady' had several stalls and was also intimidating the other vendors for protection payments plus a few months back she had tried to intimidate the 7/11 staff to give her cash from the drawer and had deliberately fully blocked the 7/11 door so that customers could not enter.

"There was pandemonium; senior military, senior police and more just picking up whole stalls one after the other and throwing them all on the back of a 10 wheeler."

Good post scorecard... It certainly seems to be a national effort... They are currently taking down the restaurants along Lam Takhong Reservoir as well.

• Like 1

I'v noticed since the coup there are many more touts on Walking street trying to get people to the sex shows, the ones who walk up with a laminated paper and put it in your face. Cant walk now more than 10 meters there without this happening. Before when the tourist police would walk by they would run to the side soi's, not they do it openly in from of them. One of them the other night practicality jumped in front of me and I stepped on his food by accident, had I not said sorry he looked like he was going to punch me.

If the topo guys that have been found owning incredible wealth are not investigated, how can we expect any difference at lower level? Is anti-corruption a serious campaign or just a way to stay in power and do your own business behind the curtains?

Either way, would it not qualify as serious?

OH THANK YOU FOR THE TIP / SENIOR OFFICIAL /

My first thought in your position should be to expose that or those Government official (Sad to say though your tip might not be cash rewarded or a promotion) thats the duty of every honest citizen to stop such fowl business. Well. I hope that the Military would hear or see your report. Good luck and well done!

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Still no people being put in jail,It is just talk.

The other similar 'scenario' is the footpath vendors all over Bangkok.

The military, police, BTMA officials have cleared them out of various parts of Ramkamhaeng Road several times in the last few months, and of course after a couple of days they return and block the footpath again and large numbers of pedestrians have no choice but to walk on the road, often with little kids and in danger.

Last evening I walked around the corner onto Ram. Road to go to 7/11. There was pandemonium; senior military, senior police and more just picking up whole stalls one after the other and throwing them all on the back of a 10 wheeler.

I speak / understand a lot of Thai, the message was loud and clear, 'who have been told again and again you cannot block the footpath, now you lose everything, next time straight to jail, and we have photos of you all'.

Not surprising lots of abuse and one female thug, perhaps 35 yrs. old, landed numerous heavy punches on a senior policeman. Other police asked around whether anybody knew the woman's relatives, if so call them and tell them to get here quick and take her away. People did turn up a few minutes later and took her away.

One of the staff from my accommodation was also watching and shared that the 'thug lady' had several stalls and was also intimidating the other vendors for protection payments plus a few months back she had tried to intimidate the 7/11 staff to give her cash from the drawer and had deliberately fully blocked the 7/11 door so that customers could not enter.

Only 35 and already a veteran of the elite.

Chawalit, since all beaches are public property and cannot be owned or rented out to private citizens, what else is there to sort out? Which area is owned by a smaller 'boss', and target that one first for some media-photography sessions?

As for the junta showing little patience for corrupt politicians and 'influential' private figures, never mind whether they are encroaching anywhere or not... hmm... really? Seems like 'little patience' is actually a 10 km-long BACKUP fuse to a non-existent dummy bomb.

"they own the sand on which they operate on Pattaya, Jomtien and Dongtan beaches."

No problem! Cough up the chanote that say they 'own the sand'.

This is in an English language newspaper!

I'm quite forgiving for translation errors from the Thai news, but pu-leeeeeze......You OWN the SAND?????

No wonder a farang can't own a damned thing in Thailand.

Pattaya authorities opt to make changes to avoid NCPO intervention - here's the process

Hold a meeting with top local officials and discuss

Report to NCPO "we held a meeting and everything is moving"

Hold a meeting to discuss the outcome of last meeting (which was to report to NCPO that we held a meeting)

Report to NCPO "we held a meeting to discuss reporting the last meeting" everything going as planned

Hold another meeting to report on report to NCPO that we held a meeting

Report to NCPO "we have now had three meetings"

Hold another meeting to discuss the report of the meeting report of the previous meeting and report to NCPO

Send in the hit team from Phuket and sort this lot out

Pattaya is different, as it boarders to satahip, the Navy base,

so its a question how many generals are owning land on the beach inn Pattaya and jomtien !!