getting my extension of stay

Hello, I am on my 90 day to retirement visa. Wife has her o visa so what do I need to get my extension and her as dependent. My 90 day expires on Nov 18th hers on Dec 18th. Sorry to ask. Just want to know what paper work we need and where to go We are new here in Chiang Mai

well, i don't know what kind of info you are expecting...but the address of immigration and the proper forms are all there...

other than that, the only "local" info you might get is on how to get a queue number... which involves getting to immigration by 6:30 am for a yearly visa extension...

otherwise, just show up (usually after lunch) for your 90 day report and you will probably get in and out very quickly..

anything else and you will need to be more specific in your question...

well, i don't know what kind of info you are expecting...but the address of immigration and the proper forms are all there...

other than that, the only "local" info you might get is on how to get a queue number... which involves getting to immigration by 6:30 am for a yearly visa extension...

otherwise, just show up (usually after lunch) for your 90 day report and you will probably get in and out very quickly..

anything else and you will need to be more specific in your question...

ok i will explain to you what i need to know , what paper work do i need to bring with me .

i converted my 60 tour to a 90 day retirement in phuket im . my wife and i went to penang to get her non o visa. now we have moved here got a apt and i need to convert to a one year extension based on retirement and add her as my dependent she is under 50. so i need to know the process here in chang mai im and what added paper work i will need to bring . i have retirement pensions from usa that i have consol noted, and its well over the 800,000 bah per year . so added paper work do we need to take with us ?

Edited by camsouth

thanks for added info, but i don't have experience with dependent visa for under 50 person... again, i would recommend the chaingmai immigration website, since they have most/all forms needed downloadable from there.

best of luck with that...

Where did you originally post your topic?

Did you get an affidavit from the US consulate in Chiang Mai proving an income in USD equal to 65k baht or more?

For your extension of stay application you will need the affidavit, copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card. Also proof of residence. A completed TM7 application form with attached 4cm X 6cm photo.

For wife's dependent extension application after your extension is completed and your passport stamped. Copies of your passport photo page and extension stamp. The same copies her passport pages you did and departure card. Original of your marriage certificate and a copy. Same application form and photo.

Did you get an affidavit from the US consulate in Chiang Mai proving an income in USD equal to 65k baht or more?

For your extension of stay application you will need the affidavit, copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card. Also proof of residence. A completed TM7 application form with attached 4cm X 6cm photo.

For wife's dependent extension application after your extension is completed and your passport stamped. Copies of your passport photo page and extension stamp. The same copies her passport pages you did and departure card. Original of your marriage certificate and a copy. Same application form and photo.

i cant find the topic . i knew you answered me but could not locate it thanks joe again for your help. yes i do have affidavit from the US consulate in Chiang Mai. when they where in phuket. i do have a lease for my apt will that work? so we will have to go twice to im? or can we do both at same time ? i have marriage certificate and a copy. also 2 months of bank recordeds as well

Edited by camsouth

i cant find the topic . i knew you answered me but could not locate it thanks joe again for your help. yes i do have affidavit from the US consulate in Chiang Mai. when they where in phuket. i do have a lease for my apt will that work? so we will have to go twice to im? or can we do both at same time ? i have marriage certificate and a copy. also 2 months of bank recordeds as well

I meant this topic because it was apparently moved to the visa forum another forum. It did appear here until this morning.

Do you have the original of your affidavit? A copy will not be accepted.

You can do it in one visit. But it will be 2 separate ticket numbers and making a copy of your extension stamp after you get yours to do your wife's application.

Are you aware that you will need to be at immigration in CM very early to get a number.

I meant this topic because it was apparently moved to the visa forum another forum. It did appear here until this morning.

You can do it in one visit. But it will be 2 separate ticket numbers and making a copy of your extension stamp after you get yours to do your wife's application.

Are you aware that you will need to be at immigration in CM very early to get a number.

yes i posted this in the cm forum last night, and yes i do have original affidavit i had two done when they where in phuket . yes i was told i had to be there at 6:30 am. my wife s 90 day is good until dec 18th . i am surprised at how early you have to be in cm . phuket im was like 8 30 am and was very fast . i dont know how cm operates. so we could go twice

You wife can do her extension at the same time as yours but you will have to time it to where she only has 45 day left on her 90 day entry. I failed to notice that she got her visa a month later than yours.

why can you explain? when then can i do mine mine is good untill nov 18

You wife can do her extension at the same time as yours but you will have to time it to where she only has 45 day left on her 90 day entry. I failed to notice that she got her visa a month later than yours.

You could do yours now because it is within the 45 day period. You cannot apply for an extension earlier than for 45 days before your current permit to stay ends (Nov. 18th for yours).

If you waited until the 4th of November or later to do yours she could do hers at the same time.

You could do yours now because it is within the 45 day period. You cannot apply for an extension earlier than for 45 days before your current permit to stay ends (Nov. 18th for yours).

If you waited until the 4th of November or later to do yours she could do hers at the same time.

great joe so do you know if they do same day? and you have been great help. you are the best so i think we will do it on nov 4 .last question will they accept a copy of lease or do i need the real one ?

They will do it all on the same day,

A copy of the lease for the applications is fine but you should have the original with you in case the ask to see it.

thanks Joe , you are a great help. and i will. have a great day

Joe how long after receiving the affidavit are they acceptable to immigration? Can I get one and use it a month later?