To be read ONLY by serious TVF members

Costas2008

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everything in life is misery most of us come here for the weather,tranquility,friendliness of the thai people & i hasten to add the other ex pats who live amongst us.

Some not all posts are trivial and therefore people make light of them without meaning to offend,others go out of their way to ridicule others it's the old chip on the shoulder attitude,i will even go as far as to say that some of us are famous in small circles where the conversation is about TVF.

Get over it costas and sleep well at night it's not a life threatening forum.

Oh and BTW you and others do a gr8 job with info that some people fret about,so don't stop or get depressed we all love ya really.thumbsup.gif

Edited by Brit_Doggie
  • Like 2

Bloody 'ell, Costas, you got that just about right! There was a medical doctor, somewhere in the States, some years ago, who was diagnosed with terminal laughter. He went out and bought all the Marx Brothers movies, Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, and laughed himself silly for a couple of months. It's only anecdotal, not a scientific study, but he reckoned the laughter put him into remission!

I enjoy a good laugh to the point of tears. A lot of movies, even serious ones, have their lighter side. And I love the dry British humour. The old Monty Python group...brilliant.

• Like 2

My daughter in Germany has been diagnosed with MS, my wife here has been diagnosed with Tuberculosis, the UK has made a mess of my Passport application, everybody at my bank in Germany is either ill or on holiday and i can't seem to get anybody to send me a new EC card which means i will soon not be able to withdraw money from an ATM and you want me to laugh ???

• Like 1

Bloody 'ell, Costas, you got that just about right! There was a medical doctor, somewhere in the States, some years ago, who was diagnosed with terminal laughter. He went out and bought all the Marx Brothers movies, Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, and laughed himself silly for a couple of months. It's only anecdotal, not a scientific study, but he reckoned the laughter put him into remission!

I enjoy a good laugh to the point of tears. A lot of movies, even serious ones, have their lighter side. And I love the dry British humour. The old Monty Python group...brilliant.

I think you intended to say "diagnosed with terminal cancer."

I think you intended to say "diagnosed with terminal cancer."

Quite right! Well, that little blunder gave me a good chance to laugh at myself...thanks for pointing it out ?

I laugh when I read, listen to, or watch something that is funny, at least to my eyes (or ears).

Sometimes, your posts are, IMHO, funny, sometimes not so, but I know that you try to make us laugh more often than not, Costas2008.

I often try too, with my somewhat limited English language skills, but I accept it when I fail. I would say that, again IMHO, it's better not to abuse of the repetition trick, because it gets really boring sooner or later (often sooner actually). And also, don't try to add humoristic remarks in almost every post of yours and don't reply so promptly to most new topics: take more time to elaborate better constructed jokes and you surely will have more laughers appreciating your posts.

• Like 1

1. Surround yourself with people who make you laugh.

That's why I'm an avid reader of Thai Visa. The disproportionately high representation of (largely unintentional) clowns & buffoons makes it comedy-central as far as I'm concerned.

9DK575%2BBozo%2BCircus.jpg The farang population as seen through the eyes of a typical Immigrations officer each day.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

All "Greek" to me yassas alt=thumbsup.gif>

Your English no good eh?

Don't worry took me years to learn how to say Good Morning.

Well I have another twist - I'm quite old and I now get morning and afternoon confused. I think.