Kamala Renamed Jet Ski Paradise Beach

Pinot

Both shots were taken from the same location and it's up to me how I wish to compose the view I see :)

Kamala area is far less aggressive compared to more southern beaches. But at the same time, it's quite dull location.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shot from the southern end ( only place they have jetskis an parasailing) looking north and no idea WHEN it was shot

The hotel on the beach is there, as are places that have rights to be there for ages

funny how u didn't bother to shoot the rest of the beach which is empty

even so looks 10x nicer than Patong :-)

Well, Patong does not look too bad either. The photo was taken the same day Oct 20th.

IMG_4773.JPG

shot from the southern end ( only place they have jetskis an parasailing) looking north and no idea WHEN it was shot

The hotel on the beach is there, as are places that have rights to be there for ages

funny how u didn't bother to shoot the rest of the beach which is empty

even so looks 10x nicer than Patong :-)

It was shot 2 days ago. The date is above the photo.

sorry a shot without the date embedded means jack to me :-)

this goes for all shots that can not be verified.

anyway...

I still like it here

at least we have trees and not the crowds patong./surin/kata get

It's easy to write any date to a photo as it's easy to change the exif data as well.

Here is a bit larger version of the photo from the same location and same time.

IMG_4814.JPG

Can See the mouth of the klong that has stained the sand.

It's horrid.

Sent from my LG-D858

"Can See the mouth of the klong that has stained the sand.
It's horrid."

What is your problem? The sand is not stained and never has been. The remark is ridiculous. You have no idea what you're talking about. The Kamala Beach is beautiful.

The NCPO thrown the jetskis off the beach. See the other post running on TV

Are you blind?:

Karon Beach, 90 minutes ago:

post-35489-0-18063300-1413958973.jpg

Phuket Police Commander Maj Gen Pachara Boonyasit,

Royal Thai Navy Region 3 commander Vice Admiral Sayan Prasongsamret, and

Phuket Vice-Governor Jamroen Tippayapongtada,

please note.

"Can See the mouth of the klong that has stained the sand.

It's horrid."

What is your problem? The sand is not stained and never has been. The remark is ridiculous. You have no idea what you're talking about. The Kamala Beach is beautiful.

Find the blue boat in the picture and follow the stain all the way up the sand to that tin shack that's above the photo watermark.

Why is the sand white in the background and foreground?

It's plain as day to see.

That klong is well known for its waste water.

Face reality.

Edited by hansgruber
  • Like 1

I'm facing the reality of someone who has an agenda and doesn't know what they're talking about. There is no stained beach/sand. There is some sediment after some heavy rains. Could that be what you're referring to? No, there's nothing there. It's low tide, that's it.

Sorry to disappoint, it's a beautiful beach. If you're convinced it's a cesspool, stay clear of the place. And look up the word reality.

Wow.

Edited by Pinot

I'm facing the reality of someone who has an agenda and doesn't know what they're talking about. There is no stained beach/sand. There is some sediment after some heavy rains. Could that be what you're referring to? No, there's nothing there. It's low tide, that's it.

Sorry to disappoint, it's a beautiful beach. If you're convinced it's a cesspool, stay clear of the place. And look up the word reality.

Wow.

Now I understand your choice of avatar.

Wow.

I wish I had an agenda but I'm just not that lucky to care enough about Kamala.

I rarely go there. The town has no soul or anything of value for me. I know you probably have real estate there so that brings out the automatic defence mechanism in people.

One less person on your golden black sands. You should be happy.

Sent from my LG-D858

The best thing about Kamala is the bakery..... and the road back out of the place

The beach for me, at least, is, at best, ordinary.

People seem to get bees in their collective bonnets about such small things.... personally I don't care if a group of people make a living hiring Jet Skis to the uninitiated... Others think the biggest thing in the world is the price of a taxi or a tuk tuk. Really, if a few jet skis on an ordinary beach and the the price of taxis are your biggest worry..... you are leading a pretty cruisey life.

But hey, that seems to be the "lot" of a quite a few Phuket expats... unable or unwilling to see anything past The Sarasin Bridge

Edited by winnerinsix

Little bit off topic but

I have heard NOTHING about Laem Singh Beach...
have all the beds been taken away? all the restaurant?

NO comments anywhere ever since the crackdown

What about the NEW hotel being built what appears to be RIGHT on the beach an hillside on the south end of Surin

Little bit off topic but

I have heard NOTHING about Laem Singh Beach...

have all the beds been taken away? all the restaurant?

NO comments anywhere ever since the crackdown

What about the NEW hotel being built what appears to be RIGHT on the beach an hillside on the south end of Surin

All the umbrellas and chairs are gone. I don't know about the restaurant. If it was on the beach, it's gone.

Somebody is charging for parking again. That had stopped for awhile.

Overall, the problem now is enforcement. It's been spotty. The taxis and tuk tuks are all creeping back with the same old shit. The jetskis are a glaring example of where to draw the line. I'm not confident.

The NCPO needs to be vigilant, if they want their gains for Thailand to stick.

jet skies still therebah.gif

It's only natural that they stay there fulltime. Patong and Kamala are the worst two beaches on the island so make those areas jetski and parasailing beaches.

People want quiet go south or north of these two beaches.

But packed with thousands of thousands pretty east european girls everyday now...

It's only natural that they stay there fulltime. Patong and Kamala are the worst two beaches on the island so make those areas jetski and parasailing beaches.

But packed with thousands of thousands pretty east european girls everyday now...

Because their package deal holiday dictates where they stay.

Sent from my LG-D858

Because their package deal holiday dictates where they stay.

Sent from my LG-D858

"Because their package deal holiday dictates where they stay." - and the ridiculous cost of transport here dictates which beach they go to everyday.

You just couldn't resist, could you NKM.......

Neither could you, KB. cheesy.gif

Of course, there is no truth to my post, is there?

Actually, not really. Within the context of the 'package' tourists, they're invariably either Russian and Chinese, with both being ferried around the island by large tour buses, the cost of which is included in their holiday. Witness the number of Pegas, BiblioGlobus, Xom Ya Zhou Tour vehicles etc cramming the roads every day.

I've met quite a number of non-package Russian tourists, staying either in resorts or private accommodation, and all of whom have either hire cars or motorcycles.

Chinese tend not to wander too far from their accommodation unless in large groups and accompanied by a guide.

You just couldn't resist, could you NKM.......

Neither could you, KB. cheesy.gif

Of course, there is no truth to my post, is there?

Actually, not really. Within the context of the 'package' tourists, they're invariably either Russian and Chinese, with both being ferried around the island by large tour buses, the cost of which is included in their holiday. Witness the number of Pegas, BiblioGlobus, Xom Ya Zhou Tour vehicles etc cramming the roads every day.

I've met quite a number of non-package Russian tourists, staying either in resorts or private accommodation, and all of whom have either hire cars or motorcycles.

Chinese tend not to wander too far from their accommodation unless in large groups and accompanied by a guide.

Sure, the package holiday makers, mainly Russian and Chinese, get ferried around on coach buses, but in their free time, they go to the nearest beach to their accommodation, because they are not going to pay upwards of 800 baht (return) just to go to another beach a short distance away.

You said it yourself, "Chinese tend not to wander too far from their accommodation" and you are right, especially when that "wandering" cost them money. :)

In relation to the non-package Russian tourists, these are vastly outnumbered by the package holiday makers.

^ My point being is that the majority of package tourists don't want to go wandering when not on organised tours ( and certainly not the Chinese who aren't reknowned for lying on beaches). Cost really doesn't come into it. During the day, if they don't want to stay in their accommodation area, Russians tend to hire motorcycles and head to places with other Russians (Nai Harn for example).

You need to get out of Patong more often NKM. ☺

^ My point being is that the majority of package tourists don't want to go wandering when not on organised tours ( and certainly not the Chinese who aren't reknowned for lying on beaches). Cost really doesn't come into it. During the day, if they don't want to stay in their accommodation area, Russians tend to hire motorcycles and head to places with other Russians (Nai Harn for example).

You need to get out of Patong more often NKM. ☺

I simply disagree with you. In my opinion, the price of transport on Phuket prohibits the majority of package holiday makers from doing some independent exploring of the isalnd and/or trying out a different beach, on different days, or returning to a place they liked, during their free time. Thus, they pile onto the closest beach to their accommodation, which is walking distance.

Sure, they will not get a taxi/tuk-tuk to Big Buddha, for example, because it's part of their package holiday, however, once shown Kata Beach, and they compare it to Patong Beach, they may prefer to swim at Kata, but staying in Patong, once they ask the price to get to Kata Beach, they simply decide to stay in Patong.

I can't speak for Kamala, but many times I have seen small groups of package holiday makers talking to tuk-tuk drivers and then walk off. I can tell they are package holiday makers because they are all wearing the same company hat, or have the same company small backpack.

I've sat having lunch on Beach Road and watched what they do, whether they try another driver for a better price, or give up. Most give up and walk down onto the sand on Patong Beach, or into a nearby bar/restaurant. Obviously, they wanted to go somehere, but then decided to stay. It must be the cost of transport that effected their decision.

For your information, I do get out of Patong, quite often. To prove my point, I stay at a cheap guest house when visiting friends down the coast for a drink, because a 500 baht room is cheaper than transport from Patong, and back, at night, and I will not ride whilst under the influence of alcohol.

Kata is an overnight trip from Patong, for a night out. Electric, room cleaning, washing of sheets, staff salary and all other overheads, can be offered more cheaply than a guy driving a short distance, for 15 minutes, in a simple vehicle. Ridiculous, isn't it?

You really need to get your head out of the sand more often pagallim. smile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

curious

what is your criteria for worst? and which is your best?

i find Surin ( at least last year) way to crowded, an very overpriced food

Patong, to many people, hassled to much

Karon, no trees, long walk across the sand, no place to eat cheap

Nai Harn to busy

Rawaii is a no issue

Kata, Noi, but to dam far for me

northern end of Laguna, i like

Edited by phuketrichard

You really need to get your head out of the sand more often pagallim. smile.png

Nah, I don't do beaches. The closest I normally get to a beach is The Beach Bar/Restaurant at Khao Khad. If I swim in the sea it's from my boat off one of the many great islands that are close by, and I get more than enough sun whilst cycling here. coffee1.gif

• Like 1