Medication query

mizztraveller

and different pharmacies will carry different meds... depends on whether the pharmacist is used to supplying western medications (at least as far as thai law allows)...

I take sirdalud for back pain and very few pharmacies carry it... but it is available... so just depends on if thai law allows and then finding the right pharmacy.

All I can tell you is that they're both available in Thailand. But my guess is that Clexane will only be found at the bigger hospitals and will be expensive. That *is* only a guess.

Mods, you might want to move this to a medical forum so Sheryl can give a better answer.

Amitriptyline is given out like aspirin here. You should be able to find it everywhere. The g/f has been given Amitriptyline for GI problems, backache - you name it. A couple Thai friends have been prescribed Amitriptyline for other ailments which I thought was odd. I can't comment about the other medicine as I don't know.

You may want to post your question in the Health forum. As already mentioned Amitriptyline is commonly available here, but I don't know about Clexane. Sheryl, the mod at the Health forum would know. If it's "commonly available" in Thailand, then it would be something that Peera Pharmacy would either stock or could order in just a few day. There is a chance, however, that it may not be available at all in Thailand, even from a hospital. Best to check in advance of a trip.

Available at most private hospital and perhaps internist clinic. Need to see doctor for the prescription as you know it is enoxaparin, blood thinner, Very unlikely to be available as OTC, if any of them chemist dare you sell you one, you should be very skeptical on using their services for anything else.

• Like 1

I sent a request to mods to move it to health forum. Wait for an informed answer from Sheryl.

Thanks, though I posted it in the health forum a couple of hours ago. No responses as yet.

As there is a reply from Sheryl now I will close this one and can continue the discussion in the Health forum. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/769481-clexane/