Can Thai royal police raid for work permit checks?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

5555+ everytime I read this kind of stories I feel sad for people who try to have a legit life in this country...

Making things legal here means looking for problems !!!

IMO, it likely makes it easier for those working legit in Thailand. Random visits certainly do happen here whether it is immigration or labour. However, in my experience, with the exception of a few questions being asked and a couple of photographs taken the visits have never got further than the coffee table.

They may be a lot of things, but they can usually tell if an operation is legit or not.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

5555+ everytime I read this kind of stories I feel sad for people who try to have a legit life in this country...

Making things legal here means looking for problems !!!

IMO, it likely makes it easier for those working legit in Thailand. Random visits certainly do happen here whether it is immigration or labour. However, in my experience, with the exception of a few questions being asked and a couple of photographs taken the visits have never got further than the coffee table.

They may be a lot of things, but they can usually tell if an operation is legit or not.

This is ridiculous just like amyone supporting them: 100000+ illegal workers will neevr be checked and some stupid will always be the victims !

Yes they can do this and they are acting within the law. In the past this has happened and people have been arrested and charged with not having work permits. Generally speaking, this kind of raid is usually the result of some kind of tip off from either a business rival or someone with an axe to grind against the company as a result of a personal grudge or something as trivial as a parking space.

However, extortion is obviously illegal but reporting it without strong evidence can be hazardous unless you have a lot of witnesses etc.

<snip>

What law exactly? Under what jurisdiction? The police have no lawfull right to touch anyone unless there is a crime. To have a crime there must be a injured victim. Please explain where you get this from.

Utter nonsense