Best condo/apartment for 4-8k a month?

Metapod

Might be moving to Pattaya next month and looking for a long term rental.

Don't really want to spend more than 8000 baht.

Flexible on location, but easy access to central/sukhumvit is preferred.

I've looked online but most websites offering accommodation seem to be directed at holiday stays and sublets, or a much higher price range.

In Bangkok you can find plenty of good condos and apartments for 6-8k a month with a pool.

What can I expect to find in Pattaya?

Any websites you would suggest for searching?

Any specific buildings I should check out?

Cheers.

Nirun is über downmarket, like a prisoner of war camp :) It is cheap because it is bad, small (circa 26 sqm) and about the bottom of the habitable pile. Years ago they were Bt2/3k a month but perhaps 6/8k now.

Mentioned previously is VT1 which at a real push you might get for around Bt10k direct with owner for a small (circa 32 sqm) unit but that would probably be on a 12 month deal. Month by month they will be asking Bt12k plus, agents even more.

However, get to a small townhouse and you might still get one of those for BT8/10k direct with the owner.

• Like 2

Nirun is über downmarket, like a prisoner of war camp smile.png It is cheap because it is bad, small (circa 26 sqm) and about the bottom of the habitable pile. Years ago they were Bt2/3k a month but perhaps 6/8k now.

Mentioned previously is VT1 which at a real push you might get for around Bt10k direct with owner for a small (circa 32 sqm) unit but that would probably be on a 12 month deal. Month by month they will be asking Bt12k plus, agents even more.

However, get to a small townhouse and you might still get one of those for BT8/10k direct with the owner.

Well, his budget is no more than 8k so Nirun it's gonna be. I'm planning on moving in there soon myself. I've rented places all over town but none had the great central location like Nirun, near the tesco/bigc and all that. My opinion it's one of the best values in Pattaya for a farang on a budget.

Nirun is über downmarket, like a prisoner of war camp smile.png It is cheap because it is bad, small (circa 26 sqm) and about the bottom of the habitable pile. Years ago they were Bt2/3k a month but perhaps 6/8k now.

I've seen some VT1s advertised at 8,000 a month for long term deals. Agree Nirun and 9Karat are cheap but are pretty bad.

I've seen some VT1s advertised at 8,000 a month for long term deals. Agree Nirun and 9Karat are cheap but are pretty bad.

What is particularly bad about them in your opinion as far as conditions are concerned (ignoring size) ?

I have one 1 br condo with a huge swimming pool in Jomtien for 10000 baht, its available now for a few months. New building from 2013.

Just PM me .

Is that due to the recent flooding-I,ve never heard of a 1bedroom condo having a huge swimming pool before WOW cheesy.gif

p.s. ignore my humour Balo and it seems a good deal to me will get snapped up pretty quick.

thumbsup.gif

• 2 months later...

Agree that Viewtalay 1 is the best choice but maybe not for so cheap charlies, as I doubt that a room below 8000 is available there...

This is not NIRUN shiitehole !

During low season you can get it for 7000

• Like 1

Yes, it should be possible to find something long term in VT1 for 8000B, though it probably wont be the biggest or nicest unit in the building. VT2 may cost a bit more but I think you do also get more for your money there.

I was talking to a Thai lady who owns several units in various VT buildings the other day and she said her owner friends say she is lucky to have all her places let as at the moment they still have plenty of vacancies. She is particularly attentive and helpful though, which undoubtedly is one reason why she has more faithful customers.

Well, his budget is no more than 8k so Nirun it's gonna be. I'm planning on moving in there soon myself. I've rented places all over town but none had the great central location like Nirun, near the tesco/bigc and all that. My opinion it's one of the best values in Pattaya for a farang on a budget.

Nirun is not cheap for what it is.

Large rooms in D block currently averaging 8K a month. Many empty condos and they still cannot reduce rents.

For 10K a month there are two houses for rent within shouting distance of Nirun.

2dog bar nearby is a lot cleaner. 7 & 8,500 a month.

Many others too ranging from 5K but you need a m/c, a pen and paper and a phone to search them out - those that are not full.

9 Karat is improving a lot now. Big changes underway. This from some residents who moved there from Nirun.