Thailand agrees to British police help over murders

Lite Beer

The Cameron bashing only comes from labour preferring 'British red shirts' too.

We get it, you're labour voting working class & proud of it, get over it.

Actually I helped vote Cameron in.

But 2 years ago defected my allegiance over to.

ukip-500x333.jpg

The first and only political party I have ever made a cash donation to in my life.

Wasn't really referring to you, more to other prolific Cameron bashers, just struck me at the time wink.png

Dont concern yourself with Cameron bashers,he's as good as gone already,at the general election next year,and he knows it!

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interviewed as he landed at Suvarnabhumi, the self-appointed PM stated that the British police would be observers, not conduct their own investigation (which seems obvious, but some TV members apparently needs to be reminded that a foreign police force has no jurisdiction outside of its own territory).

I would post the link to the interview, but unfortunately, it's on the website of a newspaper which shall-not-be-named-and-definitely-not-linked-to.

If the Thai Prime minister does not keep his word, as given to the British Prime minister, then I guess the UK will consider its option.

The trouble is, what are they?

Travel warnings? Maybe but so what? Martial law is already in place and a lot of people, if not just about all people, will ignore them.

I doubt Thailand will get elected to many UN committees, but that's unlikely anyway given the human rights ranking thing.

Ignore Thailand? So what, Thais don't care.

No, for all the huff and puff, if the Thais don't want to co operate, I can't see the UK can do much.

So over to you Thai people. The General does care if you are unhappy, so now is the time to voice your unhappiness and just maybe, you'll get a better police force out of it, if your unhappiness leads the General to do something about them and their corrupt ways.

• Like 1

I expect a large police delegation to be sent to Koh Tao, but also a few cops to see a certain Scotsman in Italy. That's if they already haven't. Wouldn't surprise me if they haven't already got hold of all the key phone numbers and triangulated them. I base this on the Madeleine McCann case. Although the culprit(s) has never been found, they did get hold of a load of phone records from a shit load of locals from outside Portugal.

Obviously, if they can prove a certain person was on the Island on the night concerned, it will open up a massive can of worms. Still, I'm reserving any judgement as perhaps those two Burmese lads really did do it, with or without the help of others.

Let's wait and see. My hope is the real culprits are caught (whoever they may be. Burmese, Thai or bloody Inuit) and they are punished to the full exent of the law.

Joc

The Uk is just an 'unimportant part of Europe ' , yet its economy is around 3,000 times the size of Thailand. By your reasoning that makes the later very insignificant indeed does it not ?[/quote

The UK has a lot of unemployment and sad old people left to die in NHS nursing homes that are under funded, the weather is dreadful 6 months of the year, the towns are cemeteries after 6.00pm, no street life. It's a lovely place to be for a few days in the summer,beautiful stone cottages, and countryside. But that's it, which may explain why the UK has so many residents living abroad.

• Like 1

OH YEAA

This is what we wanted all along, objective reached.

BIG thanks to everyone who made a fuss and helped get the word out.

For once its one up to the good guys. clap2.gif

It's not over till the fat lady sings!

You misquote.

"It ain't over 'til da fat lady sings."

That's the way the mafioso say it.

You say it like a toff.

I like to speak proper English!

• Like 1

If the Thai Prime minister does not keep his word, as given to the British Prime minister, then I guess the UK will consider its option.

As I said at 10:30 Saturday morning:

I believe you'll find that Cameron didn't actually hear what he thought he heard and Prayut didn't say what Cameron thought he said. I think you'll find that Prayut said the British were welcome to send policemen or whoever they want, because there already was an agreement last week the Brits and Burmese could observe and there was no restriction on WHO that would be - but if they put one finger on the actual investigation, it will be smacked down.

It's not a question of the right thing or the wrong thing, it is THE thing that always happens. Mr Cameron is silly and his advisers need firing or a very long re-training time for misleading him so badly. There is not a possibility that a British policeman will lay a finger on evidence.

Anyhow, one of the points the Official Thai Visa Committee On International Crime Solving missed is: The police investigation is over. It's sealed. It's delivered to the prosecutor. PEOPLE can investigate all they want and they might possibly be allowed to bring evidence to court to testify. But the police investigation in this case is finished. Even if the Brits could somehow get close, they're a day late and many pounds short.

• Like 2

As I said at 10:30 Saturday morning:

I believe you'll find that Cameron didn't actually hear what he thought he heard and Prayut didn't say what Cameron thought he said. I think you'll find that Prayut said the British were welcome to send policemen or whoever they want, because there already was an agreement last week the Brits and Burmese could observe and there was no restriction on WHO that would be - but if they put one finger on the actual investigation, it will be smacked down.

It's not a question of the right thing or the wrong thing, it is THE thing that always happens. Mr Cameron is silly and his advisers need firing or a very long re-training time for misleading him so badly. There is not a possibility that a British policeman will lay a finger on evidence.

Anyhow, one of the points the Official Thai Visa Committee On International Crime Solving missed is: The police investigation is over. It's sealed. It's delivered to the prosecutor. PEOPLE can investigate all they want and they might possibly be allowed to bring evidence to court to testify. But the police investigation in this case is finished. Even if the Brits could somehow get close, they're a day late and many pounds short.

Exactly - people are making too much out of (what I believe is) false reporting in the English language news....

The RTP and Thai Government are not going to change their tune unfortunately!? If they do, someone can give me a hat to eat! whistling.gif

johnthailandjohn, jdinasia, sichonsteve and stutteringparrot seem to have gone strangely quiet. Can't think why.

Maybe its because they are happy with the turn of events and cant be bothered engaging in these idiotic discussions with people who know absolutely nothing except what the media and social media have churned out.

• Like 1

If Thailand wants to be a global player then no more "thai only" shenanigans, especially when foreign nationals have been murdered, show some respect. Either man up and allow the Brits to do their job or suffer a full blown travel warning from every country that values the safety of their citizens.

Get real man!!

Sorry to break it to you, but the Empire collapsed a while back!! Today UK is just another not very important part of Europe!coffee1.gif

When considering the number of tourists visiting Thailand every year, I am sure that the murderrate is very low, where tourists are the victims. That the Brits are overrepresented in those statistics have more to do with the Brits themselves than the hostcountry.

Arrivals from China is 5 times higher than arrivals from the UK. How many Chinese are murdered here??

Ofcourse the brutal murder of the 2 young Brits is a tragidy, but it doesn't stop the world.

This social media frenzy, where the victims are almost forgotten, is almost more scary than the actual murders.

Been here 12 years. Never felt safer anywhere else!

Yawn!

UK - 8th largest economy in the world - "a not very important part of Europe"

This murder is about more than these 2 kids. Hopefully their deaths will spark a change for this country that, if you have any good Thai friends here, you should be eager to see happen. Why should this nation of almost identical population size's GDP be 3,720 times smaller than the UK? I'm not in this for my good, it would probably serve me better to shut up and reel my neck in. It's not about me but about the people who love and support me and my family in this country we call home.

At least the Thais and the Brits have one thing in common!! Not very good with numbers!!coffee1.gif

According to IMF (2013) GDP per capita: Thailand 5.676$. UK 39.370$

That is about 7 times higher for the UK. 3.720 times????? (working for TAT?)

@wackybacky: As for my inferior complex in reference to the UK, same numbers for my country;59.130$

As for being the 8th largest economy, not to difficult when you print money, or as you like to call it QE!!

Apart from that most Brits I know are nice and decent people!thumbsup.gif

Interviewed as he landed at Suvarnabhumi, the self-appointed PM stated that the British police would be observers, not conduct their own investigation (which seems obvious, but some TV members apparently needs to be reminded that a foreign police force has no jurisdiction outside of its own territory).

I would post the link to the interview, but unfortunately, it's on the website of a newspaper which shall-not-be-named-and-definitely-not-linked-to.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand back to square one :/

well not really, a few smart coppers will collect a mile of good info standing around as "observers", this can be feed into the right areas - including any "proper" legal assistance the accused have looking after their interests, also to the UK news papers etc. Don't ever think that all the Poms are a useless lot of umbrella carrying top hat wearers.

They may even talk to the local farang population, who have been absolutely silenced. They'll be talking in the shadows to all and sundry, putting the pieces together. (Of which there are about six, a 12 year old could solve this crime). The amount of information they would already have by examining the bodies in the UK would astonish the local "forensics" muppets... I have never ever seen a crime seen dusted for fingerprints in Thailand... do they know what they are I wonder??

How many crime scenes have you been to?

Regarding Gen Prayuth's apparent refusal / slowness to allow uk to cooperate with investigation; if he is actually pre integrity, pro-morality, anti-corription, as he claims to be he cannot hold the police iwuch esteem. perhaps he needed to wait until international pressure and tourism decrease mounted in order to not appear to be going against the police from first base. (anti-thainess)

Where does it say that he refused or was slow to allow UK cooperation. You guys just make it up as you go just to suit your harry ferry theories

After Russia, Britain is the only European country in the top ten off visitor numbers to Thailand, with the best part of a million visitors per year. For Thailand to treat this crime without regard to the concerns of the British could prove a costly mistake for a country where tourism is already down over 10% on the year on year figures ....and this when initially an increase was hoped for.

Italy has already fallen out with Thailand over the murder of their journalist and the EU is still not 100% in favour of the new regime....this is just the kind of thing that Thailand doesn't need right now.

• Like 1

culicine, on 18 Oct 2014 - 03:02, said:
englishoak, on 18 Oct 2014 - 01:09, said:

The UK police are well aware of this site, they will also be aware of the game being played.

Im satisfied that for the moment it looks like DNA will be getting a second look by professionals.

Best news about the case progressing since that tragic day.

I just hope there is an original sample taken from Hannah, or they can use the results obtained in Singapore. Was any forensic work done on the bodies in the UK?

Yes, by a Home Office pathologist, according to the BBC.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand back to square one :/

So good general Somyot was speaking with his master`s voice. Was the self-appointed PM just fobbing off Cameron? More newspeak doubletalk from Thailand again

"...vitally important for the State to use all its powers to repress dissent for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie. So the truth is the greatest enemy of the State."

Quote GOEBELLS. Reichs Minister for Propaganda and National Enlightenment

After Russia, Britain is the only European country in the top ten off visitor numbers to Thailand, with the best part of a million visitors per year. For Thailand to treat this crime without regard to the concerns of the British could prove a costly mistake for a country where tourism is already down over 10% on the year on year figures ....and this when initially an increase was hoped for.

Italy has already fallen out with Thailand over the murder of their journalist and the EU is still not 100% in favour of the new regime....this is just the kind of thing that Thailand doesn't need right now.

If all British visitors decided to stay away (highly unlikely) the difference in Thailands GDP would be something like 0.2-0.3% coffee1.gif

I think every one wants the real murderers to be found, If the 2 Burmese are the real murderers then I hope they are convicted. If not then I hope the real murderers are found. I don't think there are many that want otherwise. It is a positive that the brits are involved. Hopefully they will settle this so justice can be served. I am sure cover ups have happened in the past, this is an opportunity for the General to set thing right if this is a cover up. I am 50/50 as of now, there is a long way to go though.

If all British visitors decided to stay away (highly unlikely) the difference in Thailands GDP would be something like 0.2-0.3% coffee1.gif

Oh now come on, you can't make a statement like that without at least amusing us and giving us the reference and calculations as to how you arrived at that figure. facepalm.gif

• Like 1

If Thailand wants to be a global player then no more "thai only" shenanigans, especially when foreign nationals have been murdered, show some respect. Either man up and allow the Brits to do their job or suffer a full blown travel warning from every country that values the safety of their citizens.

Get real man!!

Sorry to break it to you, but the Empire collapsed a while back!! Today UK is just another not very important part of Europe!coffee1.gif

When considering the number of tourists visiting Thailand every year, I am sure that the murderrate is very low, where tourists are the victims. That the Brits are overrepresented in those statistics have more to do with the Brits themselves than the hostcountry.

Arrivals from China is 5 times higher than arrivals from the UK. How many Chinese are murdered here??

Ofcourse the brutal murder of the 2 young Brits is a tragidy, but it doesn't stop the world.

This social media frenzy, where the victims are almost forgotten, is almost more scary than the actual murders.

Been here 12 years. Never felt safer anywhere else!

Yawn!

UK - 8th largest economy in the world - "a not very important part of Europe"

This murder is about more than these 2 kids. Hopefully their deaths will spark a change for this country that, if you have any good Thai friends here, you should be eager to see happen. Why should this nation of almost identical population size's GDP be 3,720 times smaller than the UK? I'm not in this for my good, it would probably serve me better to shut up and reel my neck in. It's not about me but about the people who love and support me and my family in this country we call home.

At least the Thais and the Brits have one thing in common!! Not very good with numbers!!coffee1.gif

According to IMF (2013) GDP per capita: Thailand 5.676$. UK 39.370$

That is about 7 times higher for the UK. 3.720 times????? (working for TAT?)

@wackybacky: As for my inferior complex in reference to the UK, same numbers for my country;59.130$

As for being the 8th largest economy, not to difficult when you print money, or as you like to call it QE!!

Apart from that most Brits I know are nice and decent people!thumbsup.gif

Us Brits can sleep contently tonight,knowing that an irrelevant knob head thinks a few of us are decent people.

Where did you pluck those numbers from?

If half of the expats left as well and took their monthly spending elsewhere that would have no effect as well I guess?

T_Dog, on 18 Oct 2014 - 03:55, said:

Absorbing all the news on this crime that occurred, it is unconscionable to most that anyone could send two innocent boys to the death penalty to cover up for someone else's heinous and monstrous behavior, but it is looking like that is exactly what is happening. Two things can be said about the crime, one, that it was one of the most gruesome on record, and two, that it is getting significant coverage from Thai and international news media.

So if it is indeed a cover up, and the majority of Thai nationals and foreigners believe that to be the case, what are the relationships that are in play? How can influential people garner power that can so effectively influence many organizations and get support from top government officials? Is it:

-Syndicated crime?

-Thug mafias?

-Political relationships?

-Simple corruption with financial pay-offs?

-Just a symptom of a hierarchical social structure?

-Family relationships?

I'm hopeful that ultimately, truth will emerge and we will know what actually happened, but am curious what others currently think of how things operate here. What are the reasons the Koh Tao case would might be pinned on innocents?

I've run out of "likes" for today, but thank you for your thoughtful post. I hope it generates some thoughts/answers.

The UK police are well aware of this site, they will also be aware of the game being played.

Im satisfied that for the moment it looks like DNA will be getting a second look by professionals.

I just hope there is an original sample taken from Hannah, or they can use the results obtained in Singapore. Was any forensic work done on the bodies in the UK?

Results from Singapore ? There were no results from Singapore. No DNA was sent to Singapore.

This revelation promoted Pornthip mad hairs involvement. RTP were having a laugh ... That's all.

Results from Singapore ? There were no results from Singapore. No DNA was sent to Singapore.

This revelation promoted Pornthip mad hairs involvement. RTP were having a laugh ... That's all.

• Like 1

I expect the Brits will not be bothered too much about the RTP's investigation probably have a casual glance at it then just hit the bars like every tourist does. Great work if you can get it.

Of course hitting the bars is where they will learn everything they need to know.

Agree with the last sentence. Don't be surprised if a few undercover cops haven't already been sniffing around for gossip/evidence in said bars.

• Like 1