A little tear in my eyes

Costas2008

Dear members, we discussed in another thread about laughing.

Good thread, I thought, I must congratulate the author next time.

Now we can discuss and understand the facts about crying and tears.

Have to admit here that when I see a woman or man crying, I become all soft and wobbly and being extremely gullible, they can make me putty in their hands.

Have also to admit, that my wife is very much aware of this fact and she uses it on a regular basis when she can’t get something she wants from me.

And I’ll let you in a little secret of mine………….I do enjoy it most of the time………

Anyway, enough bla, bla let’s get to the point and learn the facts about tears.

1. Tears help you see better.

Even when you are not crying, tears flow from your lacrimal glands with every blink, moistening your eyes. This moisture - made of water, oil, and mucus - helps to maintain healthy vision. Tears clear your eyes of debris and allow light to enter your eyes so you can see.

2. Tears flow for 3 reasons.

Think about the times your eyes water, like when you feel overwhelmed by emotion, when you sneeze or have allergies, or when you're peeling onions. Tear experts generally separate the droplets into three types. Basal tears are the kind of tears that clean and lubricate your eyes, supporting your vision. Reflex tears are the ones that stream out when your eyes are irritated by something - the compounds in onions, pollen, bacteria. And emotional tears, well, you know what those are for.

3. Emotional tears may be an evolutionary adaptation.

We humans may have evolved tears that do more than mere eye-moistening as a means of survival. Evolutionary biologist Oren Hasson suggested that we may have used tears to protect us from predators by making it harder to tell where we were gazing. Or, Hasson wondered, could it be that we evolved emotional tears as a way to show others that we were vulnerable, that we would prefer to make peace? When most people see a crying face, they feel an urge to ask what is wrong, to offer help or empathy. It could be that emotional tears signalled our willingness to trust and become bonded into supportive, protective communities. And crying when we felt fearful or vulnerable or when we felt a sense of unity could then have developed into the kind of emotional crying we all do now and then.

4. A "good" cry can make you feel better.

Crying is often called "cathartic," a release of pent-up emotions and tensions. But how we really feel after crying may depend on the circumstances and context of your crying – the "when," "where," and "with whom" you cry. In an international study including over 5,000 men and women, certain "good" and "bad" cry patterns emerged. Criers who got support from those around them were more likely to feel better post-sob. Criers got a boost from bawling if they came to a realization, new understanding, or resolution regarding the thing that made them cry.

5. Tear ducts can become blocked.

The ducts that drain tears from your eyes can become blocked due to aging, infection, inflammation, injury, tumour, or cyst. A blocked tear means tears can't be drain properly, causing symptoms of excessive tearing and watery eyes. Blocked ducts can also increase risk of eye infection and inflammation.

6. Crying can become involuntary.

Yes, any of us can be suddenly overwhelmed by the waterworks. But in certain neurological conditions, crying - along with laughing - can happen uncontrollably. Called pathological laughing and crying (PLC), laughter or sobbing can occur at inappropriate times. PLC can appear as a symptom of stroke, Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease).

Hope I’ve given you a good insight about tears and crying.

I’m not going to offer you my shoulder to cry on, go and find your own.

And always remember, laughing or crying is good for your health and good for me to increase my posting countbiggrin.png

• Like 1

For crying out loud....I'd like some Murine please.....and pass the spilled milk.....

Tried to get KD Lang & Roy Orbison's version of "Crying" on here but wouldn't take the shortcut......

I think it would be the ideal theme song for this thread.....

Got to see Roy sing it in person...quite a voice......

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 2

Costas honey, don’t worry about having a good cry.

Crying helps you to relieve your stress, whether it’s caused through pain or simply getting a snag in your stockings when you are getting ready for a night out in Silom.

I do like a good cry every so often.

‘J’ came home last week and caught me crying because I was watching a double header (Xanadu & The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert) and the tears were just flowing.

I sob every time I see Felicia being treated roughly by those brutes.

Anyway, ‘J’ went out and bought me a big bunch of white lilies (my favourites), so that really cheered my up.

He then put on his CD of The Village People (Y.M.C.A.) and did a sexy dance for me, so that really cheered me up.

I do enjoy having a secret weep while watching certain flicks but it is a beast on the mascara.

So, my advice is, don’t worry what anyone else thinks, cry when you need to and just get rid of all of that pent up frustration darling. 402.gif 402.gif402.gif402.gif402.gif

If you need a hug, I’m always available (but don’t tell ‘J’).smile.png

• Like 1

Didn't think I could cry as an older guy, but I did when I lost my wife, mum and dad......Seems normal for normal folk eh...thumbsup.gif

People who don't cry generally have difficulty with being in touch with their real emotions, and people who have problems with that, generally have a number of other issues.

• Like 1

Costas honey, dont worry about having a good cry.

Crying helps you to relieve your stress, whether its caused through pain or simply getting a snag in your stockings when you are getting ready for a night out in Silom.

J came home last week and caught me crying because I was watching a double header (Xanadu & The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert) and the tears were just flowing.

Anyway, J went out and bought me a big bunch of white lilies (my favourites), so that really cheered my up.

He then put on his CD of The Village People (Y.M.C.A.) and did a sexy dance for me, so that really cheered me up.

I do enjoy having a secret weep while watching certain flicks but it is a beast on the mascara.

So, my advice is, dont worry what anyone else thinks, cry when you need to and just get rid of all of that pent up frustration darling. 402.gif 402.gif402.gif402.gif402.gif

If you need a hug, Im always available (but dont tell J).smile.png

Who is "J"?

Crying helps you to relieve your stress, whether its caused through pain or simply getting a snag in your stockings when you are getting ready for a night out in Silom.

J came home last week and caught me crying because I was watching a double header (Xanadu & The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert) and the tears were just flowing.

Anyway, J went out and bought me a big bunch of white lilies (my favourites), so that really cheered my up.

So, my advice is, dont worry what anyone else thinks, cry when you need to and just get rid of all of that pent up frustration darling. 402.gif 402.gif402.gif402.gif402.gif

Who is "J"?

Oh just an old chum (well 23 years old) who is in our grindhouse.

We have done a number if male adult artistic movies togehter.

He's such a darling and ever so dreamy.

He is also quite a hot poker player too.

Who is "J"?

Definitely not Jack the Ripper.

But he's so lucky having such an adorable person in his hands.

I do envy him and I do need a hug desperately......promise I won't tell my wife or J.

It's good if a person is able to cry, let out his/her emotion. But there are some people who are not able to cry, despite all the obstacles and bad things they have had encountered. I sympathize with this type of people.

• Like 2

It's good if a person is able to cry, let out his/her emotion. But there are some people who are not able to cry, despite all the obstacles and bad things they have had encountered. I sympathize with this type of people.

Hence my post. ....

• Like 1

Who is "J"?

Oh just an old chum (well 23 years old) who is in our grindhouse.

We have done a number if male adult artistic movies togehter.

He's such a darling and ever so dreamy.

He is also quite a hot poker player too.

just answer fellow douchebag.

• Like 1