UK cops 'to only observe'

Lite Beer

" The prime minister also rejected claims that the police had arrested scapegoats for the murders.

He said he did not think the police would dare do such a thing in a high-

profile case like this."

=> SHAME ON YOU Pruyat (or whatever he's called) !!!

The first 3-4 months after the coup i liked this guy for what he was doing as i am 100% anti Red...

But my admiration for him floaded away since the Koh Tao case !! All the same selfish liers and hotshots ! Only Thailand is good for them, others they just dont care !

THAINESS at his best.... sigh... coffee1.gif

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He also told reporters that Cameron expected the British public to "take some more time to understand this matter".

How about "it will take some time before Thai authorities understands that this will not go away and the UK is watching and ............. judging"

Actually this will go away regardless of the outcome and big deal the UK is watching (a lot less than you think), looks like Thailand invited them to come watch. While this is a big thing to some it really is not to most. There has been around 40,000 murders around the globe since these occurred. People's memories are short as is the press.How many people are still glued to the missing Malaysian Airline news and the 250 people missing on it?

As for tourism, this will not have any measurable impact and actually will probably increase tourism to Koh Tao in the coming years as it put it on the map and made people aware of it who otherwise might not have.

You are one sick individual.

If so, the sickness comes from fact. As emotional and even traumatic for some as this case is, it will be forgotten to the masses in a relatively short time.

This is human nature; if people were to remember all the tragedies that happen in this world, there would not be enough asylums to house them all.

So does remembering tragedies = mad people ? Millions of people have died in my life time in tragic circumstances, cant say I've never felt the need for a visit to the nut house... Mind you I'm not American.

Strange argument you post.

I think with the 100,000 signatures on a petition in England, Cameron actually INVOLVED and the REQUEST for the English police to be involved...hmmm... I do not think this one is going to be brushed aside so fast even with THAINESS and a smile.

Same number of people signed a petition in the US to Obama to have Justin Bieber deported.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/18/deport-justin-bieber_n_5176202.html

1. United States of America is Not The United Kingdom (google those countries and add the words "Global Map)

2. Sensible people know these petitions are taken on merit.

Probably should add the UK is not Thailand too as well as the UK have absolutely no authority or say-so what-so-ever over criminal cases or evidence collected in Thailand.

Point being a petition is meaningless if what the petition is requesting is nonsense based or not really legally actionable even in a place like the US where the administration is required to respond if 100k signatures are gathered.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn
  • Like 1

I said it in the other topic wait and see.. all the English were patting themselves on the chest while i said wait and see its not going to happen.

Guess i was right they were blinded by patriotism and forgot how it worked in Thailand, plus like others have said no country in the world wold let other countries do law enforcement on their turf. Observers no more. That is it.

You're acutely naive, acutely. They are NOT doing law enforcement at all. They are here to help and observe. They can not make an arrest which is what law enforcement is. There is thousands of cases around the world where the countries have helped each other in cases like this...thousands
Actually all those Brits are wrong with their huffing and puffing acting like they scored a victory.

These officers won't be able to do a thing they will be side lined no power nothing. Just a holiday for them. The moment they ask some inconvenient questions they will be stonewalled and its over.

This nothing, just watch.. not allowed to do their own investigation.

Lets wait and see who is right.. to bad betting is illegal here, id love to bet with all of you guys and say that the case stays the same and nothing will change.

*but If I am wrong and i would love to be wrong as it means something positive ill come back and make apologies*

Yes, I agree that they will be stonewalled.... But they will let the world know or at least the UK government that they are being stonewalled and provide information regarding the areas which are being covered up. If you think they will be drinking beer, having a laugh and siding with the RTP I think you are mistaken.

I don't think that at all.. I think they just can't do a thing and will not make a difference. Plus without any concrete proof the UK wont make a stand so in the end nothing will change. My prediction of this story (not that I want it to be like this i rather be wrong and see them bust the case open)

The only place that British police have jurisdiction is in Britain. They have no legal authority at all in Thailand.

Imagine the hoo haa if a Thai was murdered in the UK and the Thai government expected expected the UK to surrender all legal authority to a couple of visiting members of the RTP.

Flawed thinking. What if the entire world just sat around and observed Idi Amin? Hitler? and all of the other anti-heros. Amnesty International can brings situations to public attention but need those in authority to act and protect the underdog. The greater concern here is not only getting justice for the family of the murdered couple and the 2 Burmese workers but for the thousands that have gone before them and those yet to be abuses.

• Like 1

I think with the 100,000 signatures on a petition in England, Cameron actually INVOLVED and the REQUEST for the English police to be involved...hmmm... I do not think this one is going to be brushed aside so fast even with THAINESS and a smile.

Same number of people signed a petition in the US to Obama to have Justin Bieber deported.

yeah... with the "slight" difference that we have two dead young people here and killers possibly on the loose... those statements and putting this case into that kind of context is just a clear tell-sign of your (non-existent) "brain power" and/or value system

Again an example of seeing and hearing what one wants to see and hear despite what is actually being said and fact. Clearly the post you are referring to is about first world governments acting (not) on petitions and not about the case in general ... would suggest you consider and use the last words you have in parenthesis.

No matter what is said, they will hear what they want. And what they want is anything they can use or twist to help them handle their feelings of inferiority in Thailand by putting on a false sense of superiority towards in Thailand with more money and power than them actually pretty much anyone in Thailand down to the much more financially challenged Thai who as an example get to pay a couple dollars less to go to places like their own State Parks.

What seems clear in many of these folks posts is that they are not motivated by a desire to see justice for the victims but rather to display and promote an anger towards Thailand and a desire to see Thailand suffer.

It is as a clear cut case they got the right people in this case as it was for the train rapist murderer of the young girl .... initially suspects wrong, over looked the right person, conflicting stories in the press, confession, DNA match, friend's testimony and so on. But didn't see anyone then suggesting sending money to the suspect as I have seen with this case. They don't want to see justice, they want to see Thailand be proved wrong to help themselves feel good.

B$L%S41T. You are out of touch with reality. This is not about Thailand being wrong this is about a cover up of the real killers.

Was somebody else seen by numerous people near the murder scene at the time as well as captured on video who confessed to the crime and whose DNA matched and who had a victim's belonging located at their residence?

And I never said it was about Thailand ... but clearly to some posters it is about their need and desire to see Thailand look bad. You only need to read their posts to see this.

Go to CSI LA on facebook (you may have heard of facebook). Notice how it's 95% thai people there .. and they are many.. and they think the real killers are protected by police and mafia.

Thai people also believe in ghosts and have seen them in government house lately.

Edited by TheCruncher
  • Like 1

Are the english cops able to speak and read Thai?

A 7000 page file in Thai and translated into English.

I wonder !

Probably. But even if the isn't there are plenty of Thai men and women that work for the British police.

Just how dense are some people.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

.... My wife says the whole world loves the general. ...

I'd say your wife just LOVES pushing your buttons.

Doubt it. I hear the same garbage from a friend's wife. Jaw dropping. I couldn't be in the same room with, let alone marry someone as ignorant as she. Still, does the cooking and cleaning coffee1.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

I thought you were talking about Mrs Yim, until I read your last sentence coffee1.gif

1. United States of America is Not The United Kingdom (google those countries and add the words "Global Map)

2. Sensible people know these petitions are taken on merit.

Probably should add the UK is not Thailand too as well as the UK have absolutely no authority or say-so what-so-ever over criminal cases or evidence collected in Thailand.

Point being a petition is meaningless if what the petition is requesting is nonsense based or not really legally actionable.

Come on dude. You must be trolling, which is despicable given the seriousness of what's happening here.

Everybody knows who committed this crime.

Everybody knows why there is a coverup and scapegoats.

So what point are you trying to make.

Apart from the fact that there is something like FIVE times the population in USA in comparison to UK, 100,000 signatures is the magic figure to at least get heard in Parliament.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that had it not been for these 100,000 signatures and the social media reporting on this case, then Cameron would have been under zero pressure to do anything. As it is, his hand has been forced. So you can say what you want, but the petition DID make a difference.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/769508-uk-cops-to-only-observe/page-5#entry8553699

Thai police are very dangerous. One example where a Saudi businessman went to Thailand to investigate the theft of a diamond from a Saudi prince. He was murdered.Lt Gen Chalor of the RTP was sentenced to death in 2009, which was reduced to 50 years later. Guess what he is now a free man. 6 policemen were jailed for murder too. Being a senior policeman in Thailand is akin to being a mafia boss in other countries. They cannot get there by being a nice, law-abiding citizen.

Yep. And who appointed the current top cop and why did he hand-pick him. This appointed Police Commissioner General is personally in charge of the KT `perfect investigation`.

The only place that British police have jurisdiction is in Britain. They have no legal authority at all in Thailand.

Imagine the hoo haa if a Thai was murdered in the UK and the Thai government expected expected the UK to surrender all legal authority to a couple of visiting members of the RTP.

UK people can choose whether to visit thailand or not in future.

He loves to speak for others.

What are the British going to observe, the BIB said the investigation was complete and airtight.

That's what you get, when you have an un-elected PM and government ,.... wai2.gifwai2.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

I told everyone who was vowing for the Shinawatra-quickfix-punishments by the PM aka former army general,.... be careful what you wish for... I mean, not that I vow for the former ruling party or anything, but the fact is, the quality of so called democratic process and justice isn't gonna get any better with the un-elected PM and the C****-sucking PAD Democrats.

The quick point is, both parties hate each other, and the leaders of each parties just want to destroy each other and exploit their followers, that's what it's all about. It was never about for the good of the people of Thailand, but who RULES the corruption and face of Thailand....

Back to topic, what did you expect? That the Thai authority would welcome the independent investigators with open arms and allow an independent investigation? Too much stubborn, influential face at stake. The elite in Thailand is so old-fashioned stubborn, that they do everything to save that sorry face, even though the majority of the world sees right through it, even a kindergarten kid can see the difference. The whole world knows, but the Thai elite aka mafia is just keeping its principles....

And part of history continues on Koh Tao, they treat the Burmese like a piece of scape goat crap, pay a few millions to the Thai judges in advance and call it quits behind closed doors and play theatre for the International communities....

Nail bang on that head in this post. This case sums up the powers that be. From red to yellow they're all the same. Yet some on Here choose to blindly support one or the other. Such a lack of awareness to not see what's so clearly going on.

Nothing changes in Thailand. Onlyy the face Of the elite families in control.

• Like 1

why would anyone surender anything too the keystone cops

the UK police come way above the Thai police are professionalism, They cannot not buy there way in to a position in what soposed to be an law inforcing agency

UK police Have been invited to do something which seems to have changed since the captain of the ship has come back on board,(no doubt subject to change again )hit-the-fan.gif

This is not about legallities it's about money thats the only reason Pryuth has recinded a little

I have to say the last thing British Police would need if a Thai got the same as poor Dave and Hanna is some alleged Thai Policeman who has bought his commision come and put his two bahts worth in

the British police are far more transparent in there actions `and althought are not perfect i would who i would trust,

Also i know my human rights would NOT be vialoated

But you're wrong, if a foreign national is murdered in the UK the police from that persons country would be welcomed by the British police to help. Just as when a UK national is murdered in the USA then UK police attend and help in the investigation in the USA.

Only if a country has something to hide, or too much pride do they decline help from another police force. Especially one that does things slightly more ethical.

• Like 1

Of course, if it is confirmed that the Myanmar suspects in custody are truly guilty there will be a lot of embarrassment.

IF

I don't by any means think this is a big "IF" --- almost certainly these admitted rapist murderers will be pleading guilty.

*Edited*

What he should be doing is shirt fronting him in front of the world by upping travel warnings to Thailand and forcing insurance premiums up so people won't travel there until the British people get satisfactory answers and assurances that the investigation is above board and free of interference .

They don't call it 'Teflon Thailand' for nothing.

The fact remains regardless of all the crime, injustices, the breaches of human rights, the blatant discrimination against foreigners, immigrants, asylum seekers, the coup d'etat, the tourists still keep on rolling in, currently standing at 15 million (approx) for the high season. Most don't care about what is going on in the country, and therefore most are not aware of what is really going on. Not to say that will prevent them from coming and enjoying a holiday paradise, when so many countries in the world (especially) at this time of year are cold and miserable. Fact is you can't beat the weather, and Thailand knows this.

• Like 2

*Edited*

What he should be doing is shirt fronting him in front of the world by upping travel warnings to Thailand and forcing insurance premiums up so people won't travel there until the British people get satisfactory answers and assurances that the investigation is above board and free of interference .

Shirt fronting ?