Looking for bakeries who provide cakes for notorious restaurants in Chiang Mai.

alexpoker

Hey all,

I've noticed a lot of small restaurants that sell cakes usually have the same kind of cakes. Cheesecakes etc.

Anyone know what bakery most of these places are ordering from?

I like Dukes cakes also. Does anyone know if they make their own cakes or order from somewhere? A friend of mine is opening a small coffee shop and would like to be able to order high quality cakes to sell in the shop.

Thanks a lot.

Take a look at what JJ Bakery has on offer. Their various kinds of bread are excellent, and they supply a number of supermarkets and restaurants in Chiang Mai.

I don't think they make cheesecake, but they have some very good sweet things.

They are located on Charoen Muang, heading out of town on the left just before the Nong Prateep intersection.

Please check out the Upper Crust shop opposite the train station.I know they supply many coffee shops here in CM.They also make the best bread I have had here,They do a traditional white sliced bread,a whole grain bread ,You would have to go to the shop and order what you want.The owner speaks perfect English and it is certainly worth a look.The cake slices are to die for and they are not expensive.

Dang bakery has a couple retail outlets and sell to other shops for retail to the public. You can check them out on google for location pf main bakert, etc.

They make good bananna bread, brownies blueberry cake, cookies etc. About as good as you will find in CM and reasonable price,

I see tips for some cafes to try here, but myself I'd like to mention the Dhara Dhevi bakery. I have not eaten there myself, but they seem to have some sort of shop at the Central Festival Foodmarket, and I've started to eat there now and the. The shop is right by the entrance to the supermarket. Small pieces and quite expensive, but also quite good.

Edited by Awk