Manchester City

mrbojangles

Apparently, the Arabs buying into City were previously interested in investing in the scummy barcodes up at Skunkville/Sid James Park. Thankfully, they smelled a rat or two and moved on.

An Arab guy on SSN has been outlining their plans:

Year 1 - Top 4

Year 2 - Premier League title

Year 3 - Champions League Winners

Year 4 - Top club in the world

He also mentioned that money was no obstacle in their quest for glory and they plan to be the biggest club in the world. Almost as deluded as the skunks and Thaksin ... but very possibly with money to burn.

Everyone walk to work in protest. No more travelling by car/bus/plane for me until the oil prices come down again! :o

The Guardian are reporting that Man City have offered an incredible £37million for Dimitar Berbatov.

Spurs have accepted it but, will 'he' go there....!

redrus

Levy is doing a deal with the Arabs ? (Scratches head, and wanders off stage left muttering all the way..)

Are you in the country at the moment...?

Get back on friday for 3 weeks buddy :D

Wahey, where you been? Do i remember something about The middle East?

Yeah, i've been in Saudi since May. So i'm ready for a pint or 12 of Boddington's :o

Mate I'll try join you for one several then...!

The Guardian are reporting that Man City have offered an incredible £37million for Dimitar Berbatov.

It depends if he wants to go to a massive club, or one that plays on an industrial estate :D

Eastlands isn't that bad, is it...! :D

redrus

Levy is doing a deal with the Arabs ? (Scratches head, and wanders off stage left muttering all the way..)

:D

redrus

From the City web site:-

Robinho joins City :D:o

Manchester City have made a dramatic late deadline-day swoop for Real Madrid’s Brazilian forward Robinho.

The deal to bring the 24-year-old was completed shortly before the midnight cut-off point, and he has signed a four-year contract.

Robinho, full name Robson de Souza, scored 25 goals in just over 100 games at the Bernabeu, during which time he won two La Liga winner’s medals. He moved to Spain after his attacking talents caught the eye in his home country when with Santos. He has also scored 11 times in 42 caps for Brazil.

He becomes City’s fourth Brazilian player, joining Elano, Jo and Glauber Berti.

Manager Mark Hughes exclusively told mcfc.co.uk, “I am absolutely delighted to get the opportunity to work with such an incredible talent like Robinho. I have said that in order to compete with the best teams in the Premier League we have to be in the market for players of this calibre, and Robinho is undoubtedly one of the best players in the world.

“I am really looking forward to introducing him to the rest of the squad, and to the City fans at the earliest opportunity. This is a real statement of intent as to the ambitions of Manchester City Football Club.”

From the City web site:-

Robinho joins City :D:o

Manchester City have made a dramatic late deadline-day swoop for Real Madrid’s Brazilian forward Robinho.

The deal to bring the 24-year-old was completed shortly before the midnight cut-off point, and he has signed a four-year contract.

Robinho, full name Robson de Souza, scored 25 goals in just over 100 games at the Bernabeu, during which time he won two La Liga winner’s medals. He moved to Spain after his attacking talents caught the eye in his home country when with Santos. He has also scored 11 times in 42 caps for Brazil.

He becomes City’s fourth Brazilian player, joining Elano, Jo and Glauber Berti.

Manager Mark Hughes exclusively told mcfc.co.uk, “I am absolutely delighted to get the opportunity to work with such an incredible talent like Robinho. I have said that in order to compete with the best teams in the Premier League we have to be in the market for players of this calibre, and Robinho is undoubtedly one of the best players in the world.

“I am really looking forward to introducing him to the rest of the squad, and to the City fans at the earliest opportunity. This is a real statement of intent as to the ambitions of Manchester City Football Club.”

The one guy I realy feel sorry for is Shawn Wright Phillips .He leaves Chelsea because he cant get a game. Now he is back at City and the Arabs will buy anything with two legs and Shawn will be back on the bench. Sometimes you just can't win.

The one guy I realy feel sorry for is Shawn Wright Phillips .He leaves Chelsea because he cant get a game. Now he is back at City and the Arabs will buy anything with two legs and Shawn will be back on the bench. Sometimes you just can't win.

He'll be playing till at least christmas when the new transfer window opens. If he has proved himself by then (which i think he will), he won't have any worries. At Chelsea he wasn't given the opportunity. He is also greatly loved at City, which also helps in getting a regular spot.

Must say i'm chuffed to bits for what appears to be happening at City as i used to really enjoy going up to Maine Road & i'm glad it's happening to you as the Fans that i've met & my City Friends are good, loyal people & i generally used to think that City were much like us ( West Ham ) in terms of top Away Support & Loyal Fans even when they were getting royally screwed by their Clubs & Players on the Pitch which didn't always desreve our Support....

Anyway, i'm glad it's you who hopefully will be the first to " seriously " challenge the Top 4 ( Sorry Spuds :o ) & i really hope you do, preferably at the expense of Liverpool.. :D

Fingers crossed that the Blue half of Manchester will now be a very, very noise Neighbour to the Red half..

Edited by MSingh

Fingers crossed that the Blue half of Manchester will now be a very, very noise Neighbour to the Red half..

Cheers buddy :D

This is gonna get interesting.........135 mill quid bid for Ronaldo when the transfer window reopens :o:D there'll be a few "hot under the collar" punters in the red half of Manchester if that comes off.........roll on January, that's what I say !!

From skysports:-

Robinho delight at City move

Superstar looking forward to display silky skills at Eastlands

Brazilian superstar Robinho has expressed his delight at joining Manchester City.

The 24-year-old had been expected to join Chelsea from Real Madrid on transfer deadline day.

However, following City's takeover by the Abu Dhabi Group the club made an audacious attempt to hijack Chelsea's attempts to land the Brazil international.

City agreed a whopping £32.5million for Robinho's services and now the talented forward is looking forward to displaying his silky skills at Eastlands for years to come.

Very happy

"I'm very happy to be here. I hope to show my best football and bring lots of joy to the fans," Robinho told Sky Sports News.

"I would like to thank the support of the manager as well, which is very important and also to Mr Thaksin (Shinawatra) and the Abu Dhabi Group who made a lot of effort to bring me here.

"I hope to bring a lot of joy to the supporters."

From skysports:-

City ponder £135m Ronaldo bid

New owner plans major overhaul at Eastlands

The new owner of Manchester City, Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim, has intimated that Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment (ADUG) could back a £135million bid for Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo in January.

The agreement of an ADUG takeover deal at Eastlands was announced on Monday and was followed by the shock capture of Real Madrid forward Robinho for a British record fee of £32.5million.

Chief executive of Hydra Properties, Al-Fahim is reportedly 10 times richer than his counterpart at Chelsea, Roman Abramovich, and he has revealed there are plans to bring in a 'minimum 18' players to the club.

"Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious," Al-Fahim said in The Guardian.

"Real Madrid were estimating his value at $160million (£90m) but for a player like that, to actually get him, will cost a lot more; I would think $240million (£135m). But why not? We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United."

It is also reported City will look to target the likes of Liverpool striker Fernando Torres and Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas as the club aim to build a side capable of achieving success in Europe's most prestigious competition.

Al-Fahim added: "We want a team who can win the UEFA Champions League. We're not just going to spend money on anyone, but if we can get the biggest players in the world, and of course if the manager wants them, then we will get them."

I had to check the calendar to make sure we hadn't slipped into April.

Settle down BJ, I know it's honeymoon time, and like all true sports fan I wish your team well, but don't forget there is a lot of football to be played between now and next April (Yes I know the F.A. Cup is in May)

Enjoy the moment, but don't forget who you are going to be waking up with in your Eastland's bed for the rest of your marriage.

P.S. Is it true pork pies are off the menu at Eastlands ?

Edited by LeungKen

From City's website:-

The Robinho & SWP effect takes hold!

City’s audacious deadline day swoop for Brazilian star Robinho has prompted an unprecedented level of excitement around the City of Manchester Stadium.

Blues fans have been turning up in droves, with long queues at both the CityStore and the stadium Box Office.

Ticket sales have been well above the norm, with hundreds of Seasoncards and thousands of tickets for our next game at home to Chelsea being sold.

Sales of replica shirts at the CityStore have been at two to three-times the usual rate. Shaun Wright-Phillips incredible return to the City fold has also added to the mix, with both his number eight and Robinho’s number 10 shirt flying off the shelves. The signing of Argentinean international Zabaleta has also added to the great atmosphere around the Club.

City’s Head of Marketing Matt Lowery told mcfc.co.uk, “This has been a great week for the Club, with two Premier League wins bookending our dramatic progression in the UEFA Cup. The signings of Zabaleta, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Robinho have prompted an amazing response and are a perfect reward for our incredibly loyal fans.”

I had to check the calendar to make sure we hadn't slipped into April.

Settle down BJ, I know it's honeymoon time, and like all true sports fan I wish your team well, but don't forget there is a lot of football to be played between now and next April (Yes I know the F.A. Cup is in May)

Enjoy the moment, but don't forget who you are going to be waking up with in your Eastland's bed for the rest of your marriage.

P.S. Is it true pork pies are off the menu at Eastlands ?

What do you mean "settle down" Ken?

Just like the rest of the 2,000 posts in this thread, i'm reporting on what the latest news is.

I will indeed enjoy the moment though. Being a life long City fan, i haven't had much opportunity for optimism but you gotta admit, for us, these are really exciting times. I remember saying when Abramovich bought Chelsea, i wish someone with kind of money would buy City. Well my dreams of that have been exceeded as this guy has 10 times more dosh than Roman. Of course, i'm not expecting too much this season but next year is looking very optimistic. :o

From the BBC:-

Arabian might at Eastlands post-19542-1220447231.jpg

Playing down expectations is clearly not part of the master plan for Manchester City's new Middle East owners.

As news of the deal was being digested, Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG) was promising to make City "bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United" and planning January transfer moves for Cesc Fabregas and Cristiano Ronaldo.

So who exactly are City's new owners and can they turn their lofty ambitions into reality?

WHO IS THE FRONT MAN FOR ABU DHABI UNITED GROUP?

You have probably already seen the bearded face of Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim and heard his bold statements of intent about City.

The US-educated Dr Sulaiman is the public face of ADUG and negotiated their deal with City's Thai owners.

Dr Sulaiman runs a successful property development company called Hydra Properties and is often described as the "Donald Trump of Abu Dhabi".

This description is due as much to his love of the limelight as his business acumen.

He has been photographed with Hollywood stars such as Demi Moore and Leonardo di Caprio and is even the star of the Adu Dhabi reality TV show "Hydra Executives", in which he plays the Simon Cowell role in judging a host of budding property developers.

Amanda Staveley, who brokered the deal on behalf of current City owner Thaksin Shinawatra, is full of praise for Dr Sulaiman.

"He led negotiations and showed great determination and vision," she told BBC Sport. "He has pushed extremely hard to make sure this happened."

But although Dr Sulaiman is hugely independently wealthy, he is not the main man behind the extraordinary purchase of City.

SO WHO IS THE KEY FIGURE?

One of Thaksin's key aides, who was involved in negotiations with ADUG, told BBC Sport: "Although Dr Sulaiman is the face of the new owners, Sheikh Mansour is the main player."

Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan is a member of the royal family of Abu Dhabi, and his 19 brothers include the president and crown prince of the emirate.

He is married to Sheikha Manal bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, daughter of Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum.

The estimated wealth of the Al Nahyan family is an almost unimaginable $1 trillion (a thousand billion dollars) or more than £560bn.

Sheikh Mansour, a member of the federal cabinet in the United Arab Emirates and Minister of Presidential Affairs, is also politically influential.

And his love of sport has already led him to become chairman of Al Jazeera Football Club and the Emirates Horse Racing Authority.

Sheikh Mansour is essentially Dr Sulaiman's employer, providing the capital for Hydra Properties.

HOW HAS SHEIKH MANSOUR MADE HIS MONEY?

The Abu Dhabi royal family's wealth comes from oil, which was discovered in the emirate in 1958.

Sheikh Mansour is chairman of First Gulf Bank and of the International Petroleum Investment Company.

With the oil price surging recently, his family's wealth has been increasing massively by the day. Every time the price of a barrel of oil rises by $1, it is estimated Abu Dhabi gains as much as $500m (£280m) a day.

HOW MUCH WILL CITY COST?

Staveley says the purchase price for the Premier League club is "around if not above" £200m.

She confirmed this would buy the Abu Dhabi Group a 90% stake in City, with Thaksin retaining 10%.

Anil Bhoyrul, who broke the story about the purchase for arabianbusiness.com, told BBC Sport: "£200m is nothing for ADUG. Two days ago they announced a $60bn (£34bn) building project in Dubai."

WHY HAVE THEY CHOSEN TO BUY MAN CITY?

The senior City source said: "Sheikh Mansour wants to use City to help develop Abu Dhabi into the sporting capital of the Middle East."

There is intense rivalry to become the sports centre of the region, with Dubai, a smaller neighbour to Abu Dhabi, ahead in the race.

The International Cricket Council is based in Dubai, Tiger Woods' first golf course will be built there and its huge snow dome could host World Cup races.

Although Abu Dhabi is a stop for European Tour golf (like Dubai) and will be on Formula One's calendar next year, the ruling family is desperate to attract even more top-level sport.

This is part of a wider project to diversify the economy of the emirate and prepare it for the day when its oil reserves run out.

Cash is already siphoned off into sovereign wealth funds - government-controlled investment funds - to buy foreign assets. Recent purchases have included the Chrysler Building in New York and a 12% stake in Ferrari.

When the Arab investors decided they wanted to purchase a Premier League football club, Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool were also in their thoughts before they settled on City.

The Manchester club was the choice because Arsenal's major shareholders have collectively agreed not to sell to anybody in the near future, Newcastle were quoted at £400m and Liverpool were deemed poor value because of the need for a new stadium.

HOW DID THE DEAL COME ABOUT?

In July, Thaksin recruited Staveley, who runs a financial advisory company called PCP Capital Partners, to find fresh investors for the club.

Staveley said: "About three weeks ago an approach was made to Dr Thaksin (by ADUG).

"He had been receiving various approaches from other Gulf states and individuals who were keen to either acquire the club or go into partnership with him. His view was always to bring stability to the club and bring the best possible deal for the fans.

"Abu Dhabi have the right reputation in sport and a great track record of commercial sponsorship. He did not have to sell this club and he doesn't see it as selling out."

WHAT NOW?

So far, there is no legally-binding agreement between Thaksin and ADUG.

A memorandum of understanding - basically a gentlemen's agreement - that a deal would take place was signed on Sunday. The deal will now be subject to about 10 days of due diligence, when ADUG will look at the City books.

Dr Sulaiman is already promising that City will become one of the major forces in European football.

We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United

They have already beaten Chelsea to the signature of Brazilian star Robinho, by paying a British-record £32.5m transfer fee to Real Madrid.

The deal was brokered by Thaksin's right-hand man, Pairoj Piempongsant, from Abu Dhabi, and came as something of a surprise to Mark Hughes. City's boss played golf until 1800 BST on Monday before attending a charity dinner.

The prospective owners are promising to make even more of an impact in the January transfer window.

Speaking to arabianbusiness.com, Dr Sulaiman revealed he had set his sights on Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, Arsenal maestro Cesc Fabregas and Liverpool striker Fernando Torres.

"Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious," said Dr Sulaiman.

"Real Madrid were estimating his value at $160m (£90m) but for a player like that, to actually get him, will cost a lot more, I would think $240m (£134m).

"But why not? We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United."

apparently all city's away fans next match are going to be wearing headdresses. quality.

:(

We've already named our ground Middle-East Lands as well.

And the current banter is. Every time a United fan puts petrol in his car, he's putting money in City's coffers :D

post-19542-1220450960.jpg

:o:D:D:D:D Love It

this is good:

Stallone flattered by new Man City owner’s offer of goalkeeper position

“Escape to Victory was just a movie” he tells confused Emirati billionaire as Arab consortium continue hunt for “World’s Best XI”

http://www.london-<deleted>.com/?page_id=86

After launching an audacious £135m bid for Ronaldo yesterday, Manchester City’s new Dubai-based owners have pushed the ambition envelope with 2 new major developments on transfer deadline day.

At 2pm reports emerged from West Hollywood that potato -faced star Sylvester Stallone had been approached by City with a lucrative offer to become the club’s first choice goalkeeper. The new Emirati owners were understood to have watched and admired his Nazi-fighting goalkeeping prowess in the John Huston’s 1981 classic Escape to Victory and were keen to see him reprise the role at the City of Manchester stadium.

Having been re-buffed with Stallone citing his disdain for keeping goal and indeed “that dopey limey sport” in general, City’s new Chairmen unveiled later in the afternoon the ‘City World XI’ they were hoping to procure in the January transfer window whilst also citing their certainty that Mr Stallone would change his mind.

See below and click on the pic for the full World XI…

______