Manchester City

mrbojangles

I am a big fan of Richards, but I think he has gone off the rails.

There was an incident last year where he was filmed in an uncompromising position with some bird, on a night out.

This year he has been awful.

I think that he has let all the adulation go to his head, and he believes that he is a lot better than what he is.

I also think it would help if he had a vocal experienced defender to play alongside with.

He needs to knuckle down, otherwise he will just become another 'nearly man' who never quite fulfils his potential.

think that's a pretty fair summary man. it's interesting that fabio capello doesn't consider richards international standard.

There was an incident last year where he was filmed in an uncompromising position with some bird, on a night out.

I think that he has let all the adulation go to his head, and he believes that he is a lot better than what he is.

I also think it would help if he had a vocal experienced defender to play alongside with.

He needs to knuckle down, otherwise he will just become another 'nearly man' who never quite fulfils his potential.

think that's a pretty fair summary man. it's interesting that fabio capello doesn't consider richards international standard.

Much potential this lad has but as far as England goes, who would you replace him with?

Much potential this lad has but as far as England goes, who would you replace him with?

i guess glen johnson and wes brown are better right backs and there are at least half a dozen better centre backs.

That's what I mean, I don't see a spot for him.

right, with you. richards hasn't progressed anything like he should have done.

Your absolutely right. He's been a let down this year for sure. I should think Hughes will only put up with it for a while longer, as he isn't afraid to drop someone, no matter how big their ego.

Your absolutely right. He's been a let down this year for sure. I should think Hughes will only put up with it for a while longer, as he isn't afraid to drop someone, no matter how big their ego.

Really? I don't recall him dropping thumbsucker?

Drop him for what exactly? Scoring too many goals!!

I forgot about that - Robin-the-ho is bigger than the team :o

Nope, i didn't say that. I asked you why he should be dropped

Nope, i didn't say that. I asked you why he should be dropped

Don't want to start a big long debate about it, but fining him for his trip home exploits sends the wrong message - but as City is in such trying times at the moment - can't afford to make him sit one or two games.

He got his fine, end of story. Hughes and Robinho can draw a line under that and so can I. :D

True, but suffice to say Hughes didn't have the authority to suspend Abu Dhabi's big signing. :o

Well he certainly had the authority to fine him :D

haha, yes, but I bet you the total amount of his fine and your saudi salary that not one satang is ever deducted from his salary,

"Robbie, don't worry about the fine thing, it's only for show to allow me to stamp my authority around here", Hughes.

He got his fine, end of story. Hughes and Robinho can draw a line under that and so can I. :D

True, but suffice to say Hughes didn't have the authority to suspend Abu Dhabi's big signing. :o

Well he certainly had the authority to fine him :D

haha, yes, but I bet you the total amount of his fine and your saudi salary that not one satang is ever deducted from his salary,

"Robbie, don't worry about the fine thing, it's only for show to allow me to stamp my authority around here", Hughes.

I don't think you've enough dosh to cover the bet on my Saudi salary, never mind Robbies fine :D

He was dropped around the same time as his party antics were hitting the Sunday newspapers :o

Never been considered since.

A Manchester City fan has admitted his embarrassment after having 'Kaka' tattooed on his chest before the Milan star snubbed the club last month.

City appeared to be on the verge of a world record £100 million deal, but the Brazilian rejected their approach to stay with the Serie A giants.

Christopher Atkinson, 25, attempted to cover up the tattoo after the transfer fell through, but friends discovered it.

"They haven't stopped taking the Mick. Kaka's one of my favourite players. I got carried away by the emotion of him coming here," Atkinson, of Altrincham in Cheshire, told The Sun.

"I wanted to show off. I just hope we go for him this summer.

"It's taken a few weeks to see the funny side. At least I have a permanent reminder of how close City came to signing him."

Despite the disappointment, Atkinson has pledged to get another player's name stencilled on to his body.

He said: "I'm having a Robinho tattoo next."

Robinho has been linked with a summer move to Chelsea.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06022009/58/...aka-tattoo.html

Those wacky Mancs

He was dropped around the same time as his party antics were hitting the Sunday newspapers :o

Never been considered since.

Isnt it more to do with him being crap this season? and the young Pompey right back having a good season?

Edited by sanmiguel

A Manchester City fan has admitted his embarrassment after having 'Kaka' tattooed on his chest before the Milan star snubbed the club last month.

City appeared to be on the verge of a world record £100 million deal, but the Brazilian rejected their approach to stay with the Serie A giants.

Christopher Atkinson, 25, attempted to cover up the tattoo after the transfer fell through, but friends discovered it.

"They haven't stopped taking the Mick. Kaka's one of my favourite players. I got carried away by the emotion of him coming here," Atkinson, of Altrincham in Cheshire, told The Sun.

"It's taken a few weeks to see the funny side. At least I have a permanent reminder of how close City came to signing him."

Despite the disappointment, Atkinson has pledged to get another player's name stencilled on to his body.

Those wacky Mancs

Could have used a much stronger word than wacky but nevertheless, Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah

post-55211-1233977004_thumb.jpg

From skysports:-

Hughes calls for patience

City boss believes fans won't see best of his team until next term

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes has warned fans that they won't see the best of his side until next season.

The former Blackburn boss brought in four new additions in January with Shay Given, Wayne Bridge, Nigel de Jong and Craig Bellamy joining the club.

City's new boys, with the exception of Given who is yet to make his debut, failed to improve the team's fortunes on the pitch as they succumbed 1-0 to struggling Stoke last week.

The result was made even worse by the fact that the Potters had to play the majority of the game with ten men after Rory Delap was sent-off in the 38th minute.

Of the team that started against Stoke, seven were in their first season with the club as Hughes' side have undergone a major facelift since the days of predecessor Sven Goran Eriksson just eight months ago.

"People don't understand how much of a change has been undertaken here," he said.

"The altercations we have made on and off the field have been vast. Certainly I am confident about the impact they will have and I am looking for a strong second half to the season.

"But in addition, the way we do our work on a daily basis will have a positive impact going into next season."

City welcome relegation threatened Middlesbrough to Eastlands on Saturday with just six points separating the two teams and Hughes is expecting a defensive approach from the visitors.

"It won't be easy because Middlesbrough do get people behind the ball," he highlighted.

"We will have to be patient in the way we approach it and make sure we are able to break them down when we can.

"Obviously that is something we found difficult to do last weekend and we need to be better.

"Middlesbrough are a young side, well organised side with lots of enthusiasm. They started the season quite brightly but injuries have affected them and now they are in a run of disappointing results.

"We have been highlighting things we feel will enable us to make a better fist of it, just in case they do bring everyone behind the ball."

Those wacky Mancs

Spot the braincell.

From skysports:-

Bellamy piles misery on Boro

Given helps City to vital win

Manchester City bounced back to winning ways with a narrow 1-0 victory over Middlesbrough at Eastlands.

Craig Bellamy scored the only goal of the game six minutes after the break with his second goal for his new club.

Shay Given enjoyed a fine debut for City making four superb saves from Middlesbrough striker Afonso Alves.

The defeat stretches Middlesbrough's winless run to 13 games in the Premier League to leave them in the drop zone.

Manager Mark Hughes identified a goalkeeper and a burly striker as his targets for the final week of the transfer window.

As it turned out, he got one but not the other as Blackburn resisted his overtures for Roque Santa Cruz.

But Given looked a snip at £6million even before he produced three marvellous saves towards the end of the first half to deny Alves.

All of them could have gone in, on each occasion Given was second favourite.

But the Republic of Ireland star thwarted the Brazilian striker with his right hand, then his left and finally with his feet to keep Boro at bay and remind Newcastle exactly what they have lost during this troubled season.

If Given had not produced his heroics, it would have been tough luck on the hosts, who dominated possession and carved out a series of chances of their own, only to be frustrated by a combination of Brad Jones' agility and the crossbar.

Bellamy was particularly aggrieved, twice seeing chances turned away by the Australian before failing to slide home a low Stephen Ireland cross begging for a finish.

Given has pledged to have one last go at persuading Ireland to reverse his decision not to play for the Republic of Ireland. And it is easy to see why.

Although Shaun Wright-Phillips probed intelligently and Robinho threatened sporadically, Ireland was City's main hope.

And it was his burst forward that Wayne Bridge picked out with a left-wing cross shortly before the interval.

Ireland flung himself at the ball but could only watch in agony as it crashed against the crossbar, Jones completely beaten.

Boro might have been reasonably pleased with their efforts but all that changed six minutes after the restart when Nigel de Jong played what seemed to be a routine pass to Bellamy on the right-hand edge of the box.

Emanuel Pogatetz moved across to cover but the visitors' skipper did not get close enough. Bellamy skipped past the Austrian's lunge before unleashing a precise left-footed shot that nestled in the bottom corner.

The goal allowed City to play with a confidence Boro could not match. The visitors' current form is an obvious drawback but the gulf in quality was vast.

Bellamy, Bridge, Wright-Phillips and Robinho, all new arrivals in the last six months, came close to increasing City's lead.

Then Given, who has been at Eastlands a mere six days, came to the Blues' rescue again with yet another one-handed save to repel Alves, who had wriggled free of Vincent Kompany.

Boro's last hope of a leveller disappeared when referee Andre Marriner waved away Marlon King's appeals for a penalty when his last-minute cross struck Bridge on the elbow.

Boro chairman Steve Gibson could only look down from the directors' box in resigned disbelief.

Of all chairmen, he is least likely to produce any knee-jerk reactions to address short-term concerns.

But as each game goes by, fears must increase that the form reversal manager Gareth Southgate is sure will come may not materialise, leaving Boro marooned in the bottom three.

From the city website:-

Boss praises all-round effort against Boro

Shay Given's outstanding Manchester City debut was just part of a performance that has pleased Mark Hughes as he reflects on the 1-0 win over Middlesbrough.

The new keeper made a string of superb saves to deny Boro's Alfonso Alves, but the Blues' manager was keen to stress that the team deserved the three points that has put them into ninth place in the Barclays Premier League table.

Hughes says, “We controlled the game for long periods, but they had a number of chances where we needed the quality and expertise of Shay to stop them scoring.

"Overall I felt we deserved the victory, they made it difficult because they put so many people behind the ball and we had to be patient and try to work some positions."

Expanding on the contribution of the Irish international keeper to the win, he added: "Everybody has seen his quality over a long period of time, we all know he is an outstanding goalkeeper. On a few occasions he showed his experience and was able to get us out of a situation, which we were very grateful for.

"He was a very calming influence on the back four, which was a young one today. It has not had that many games together, so it was important that we had that reassurance behind them. I thought his distribution was great as well, so people will understand why I brought him to the club."

Goal scorer Craig Bellamy also came in for praise from the Manager, who concluded, "We said before the game that we had to recognise when we had one on one positions, and that's what Craig is very good at. He was able to get a yard of space and that was enough for him.

"Craig is as sharp as a tack at the moment, he is at the top of his form and free of injuries, so he is a different Craig Bellamy to the one I had at Blackburn. He goes for 90 minutes, asks questions of the back four all the time and creates space for other people. I thought he was outstanding."

Thank goodness for Shay Given. Maybe Joe Harte would have pulled off a couple of good saves too but I'm inclined to think, without Given, City wouldn't have had the 3 points.

Incidentally, re the other games, I didn't see much from Santa Cruz to suggest he was worth Allardyce's £25 million price tag - wonder why such a valuable commodity was only brought on as sub?

I was glad to see Jo getting off to a good start at Everton. Interesting how some of the UK Press ridiculed him while he was with City and are now ridiculing City for letting him go!

I didn't see much from Santa Cruz to suggest he was worth Allardyce's £25 million price tag - wonder why such a valuable commodity was only brought on as sub?

Yes i never got that one, he's been sub constantly under Allardyce, surely it was worth taking the 15 million on offer and getting Jo on loan in part exchange before Everton got in.

For hughes to want Santa Cruz in the first place when he's meant to be building the greatest team in the galaxy shows lack of imagination.

Edited by sanmiguel

Are we now going to get Big Phil??

Just been e mailed that this will happen.

The information source has proved reliable in the past, although there have been times when it has been total nonsense :o

hmm. robinho already there, scolari his mentor, more chance of attracting kaka. . . .have heard weirder things.

Are we now going to get Big Phil??

Just been e mailed that this will happen.

The information source has proved reliable in the past, although there have been times when it has been total nonsense :o

hmm. robinho already there, scolari his mentor, more chance of attracting kaka. . . .have heard weirder things.

Indeed the plot duth thicken :D