Manchester City

mrbojangles

:) Cheers Singhy. My honourary blue friend :D

Yellow would better describe that lot Mr B-J. :D

I'll let Singhy reply to that one :D

Anyway well done yesterday for another fine performance. It should be a cracking match on Wednesday. I don't see you finding a way through our defence though!

Cheers smokie, it was a good solid performance. But your right about your defence, quite impressive this season, I think only 2 or 3 teams have let less goals in than you. Nail biter awaits :D

Funny how some stories come out at peculiar times eh. Why did flappy chops pick today I wonder? :)

From skysports:-

Harry brands City 'bullies'

Spurs boss accuses Blues of dirty tactics in Bellamy chase

Harry Redknapp has accused Manchester City of bully-boy tactics in their bid to sign Craig Bellamy and break into the Premier League's top four.

City face Tottenham in a virtual Champions League play-off on Wednesday night.

And, on the eve of the game, Spurs boss Redknapp cranked up the tension by claiming City flexed their financial muscle to sign Bellamy ahead of Spurs.

Redknapp was interested in the Welsh striker from West Ham in January last year, along with Wigan midfielder Wilson Palacios.

Redknapp insists City threatened to buy Palacios too - and believes the Blues were not even interested in the £12m Honduras international as they had agreed a deal to sign Nigel de Jong from Hamburg two days earlier.

"I was trying to sign Bellamy at the same time as Palacios," he said.

"Then they came and told me 'You know, if you don't drop out of Bellamy, we'll sign Palacios too and you won't get either of them'.

"They just said, 'We'll blow you out of the water, but if you pull out of Bellamy, we'll pull out of Palacios and then we both get a player'. So we had no choice really.

"And then, obviously, the money they offered Bellamy we could not compete with anyway. It's not reasonable but they can do it, can't they?

"They've got the backing, they've got the clout to do that. They can do it if they want somebody. I've never been in that position.

"It probably wasn't the manager at the time, anyway."

Bellamy has gone on to enjoy the best form of his career with City, scoring 10 league goals in 25 starts this season, while Mark Hughes was replaced as City boss by Roberto Mancini in December.

City have denied Redknapp's allegation and are considering legal action against the Tottenham boss.

Redknapp also claims the heat is on City heading into Wednesday's crunch clash at Eastlands.

"There is no pressure (on us) because we didn't go into the season expecting this," he said.

"The only club expecting to break into the top four would have been Manchester City."

Jermain Defoe remains Tottenham's top scorer with 18 league goals despite scoring just two in 11 games and Redknapp has challenged the England striker to secure a top-four finish for Spurs.

"We need a performance from Defoe," said Redknapp.

"In the first half of the season he was fantastic, unplayable.

"I was lucky Roman Pavlyuchenko came in and picked up and took over and suddenly he was the key man and scoring the goals. But for the last couple of games Pav hasn't scored.

"I don't know with Jermain. Hopefully he'll finish the season, two games to go and if gets his chance he'll take it.

"He's still got a lot to play for, he's got to try and get into that England squad, there's no certainties up front with any of them apart from Wayne Rooney.

"I think all the other places are probably up for grabs, so him and €Peter Crouch have got a lot to play for."

Funny how some stories come out at peculiar times eh. Why did flappy chops pick today I wonder? :)

From skysports:-

Harry brands City 'bullies'

Spurs boss accuses Blues of dirty tactics in Bellamy chase

"They've got the backing, they've got the clout to do that. They can do it if they want somebody. I've never been in that position.

You couldn't make it up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were in a great position & got $$ to spend at Bournemouth & then a couple of Years later they went Bnakrupt & into Administration, same as at West Ham where you gave 2 sh*t Players from Liverpool 5 Year Contracts smashing West Ham's Wage structure in the meantime by 60% when your Son was both of theirs Agent ( how convenient ), You then spent a fortune at Southampton & a Year later, they went Bankrupt & then what did you do, you spent more money in 9 Months at Pompey than they had done in their previous 102 Years of existence & guess what happened to them ??

But no, you've never had any clout at all have you, i mean you've only spent 42m on Chimbonda, Defoe ( again ), Keane ( who had all left the Club within the previous 12 Months ) & Palacios in your first 2 Months at the Club... :D

<deleted> off Redknapp you ^%*%#, fingers crossed he does the same to his current Club, match made in Heaven them two & i hope he gets to share a Cell with Marlon King when he gets banged up next Month.. :D

please please please . dont f#$% this up city, and any talk of us rollin over for you on sunday

just makes me laugh, even with a fully fit , up for it

squad we would stil lose at least 2 -0.

can your lot do lasagne ?? by any chance :)

please please please . dont f#$% this up city, and any talk of us rollin over for you on sunday

just makes me laugh, even with a fully fit , up for it

squad we would stil lose at least 2 -0.

can your lot do lasagne ?? by any chance :)

Tevez has access to piles of Corned Beef and I think Mancini can do a pasta :D

I knew you could put it in far better words, than I ever could Singhy :)

I am desperate for you lot to win tonight BJ, desperate..

& if you don't, i'm on the missing list for some time.. :D

:D

You and me both :D

Its no disgrace Mr B-J just ask the scousers. :D

MASSIVE CLUB,JUST MASSIVE!!

Wasn't there some chap (exec) from their management shooting his mouth off in NY Pub awhile back?

Oh here it is.. :)

However, the message did not appear to have reached City's chief executive, Garry Cook, who was filmed telling supporters over a microphone that the club were on course to overtake United and become "without doubt the biggest and best football club in the world". Cook was at a New York pub named the Mad Hatter and he went on to say it was a case of "not if but when we are at Wembley having beaten Man United yet again". Despite the presence of television cameras Cook had been under the impression it was a closed event for him and the supporters.

Would have added some more excitement and interest to the last weekend of the season had City got something from this game, but as a commentator who was covering a City game that i watched recently stated, "City usually never misses an oppurtunity to miss an oppurtunity".

Would have added some more excitement and interest to the last weekend of the season had City got something from this game, but as a commentator who was covering a City game that i watched recently stated, "City usually never misses an oppurtunity to miss an oppurtunity".

Wouldn't say city played badly and their keeper in particular played well I thought. But I was breathing easier when I saw Vieira come off the bench.He's useless I'm happy to say!

Is it the end for Mancini after this one then do you think? :)

Wouldn't say city played badly and their keeper in particular played well I thought. But I was breathing easier when I saw Vieira come off the bench.He's useless I'm happy to say!

Is it the end for Mancini after this one then do you think? :)

Manicini, Cook, Bellamy, Adebayor, Ireland, Viera, Richards.....

I think we've had a good season because we'll play in the Europa League next year and we've improved a lot.

I'm disappointed with this result, but it's football.

Repeat... :D

So what is the aim for next season then,to become the biggest club in the world :D

or is that the year after next....?.....?...... :) sorry Mr BJ but i just love the banter Cidy throw up!

I think we've had a good season because we'll play in the Europa League next year and we've improved a lot.

I'm disappointed with this result, but it's football.

Repeat... :D

So what is the aim for next season then,to become the biggest club in the world :D

or is that the year after next....?.....?...... :) sorry Mr BJ but i just love the banter Cidy throw up!

I was waiting for the first reply.

Those aren't my words NAD, that's Mancini's comment after last nights match :D

I think Mancini will not be there long now....what do you think? BJ!

Well this is what I said way back in February NAD and I haven't changed my mind. :D

It is my belief from a friend who says he is in the know :) I don't know how much he knows but we shall see. He tells me that City had done a deal when Mancini first arrived. He goes in summer and Mourinho comes in. Personally i like Mancini but I hope my friend is right and we wait with baited breath :D

And this is what I said way back in February when we got knocked out of the Cup(s). All along I (and Jack) have stated Top 6 is the target, so I shouldn't be too disapointed. It's just that 4th was so close. :D

The cups are done and dusted, now we have to finish in the top 6. Hopefully the top 4 but top 6 was the target at the start of the season.

I think Mancini will not be there long now....what do you think? BJ!

Well this is what I said way back in February NAD and I haven't changed my mind. :D

It is my belief from a friend who says he is in the know :) I don't know how much he knows but we shall see. He tells me that City had done a deal when Mancini first arrived. He goes in summer and Mourinho comes in. Personally i like Mancini but I hope my friend is right and we wait with baited breath :D

And this is what I said way back in February when we got knocked out of the Cup(s). All along I (and Jack) have stated Top 6 is the target, so I shouldn't be too disapointed. It's just that 4th was so close. :D

The cups are done and dusted, now we have to finish in the top 6. Hopefully the top 4 but top 6 was the target at the start of the season.

The fly in the ointment is Jose at Inter. If he wins the CL, wouldn't surprise me to see him come to city but most likely Real Madrid.

City won't sack Mancini!!

Well there is your answer,unless they are blatantly bullshitting of course :D

Won't be the first time the Chairman has openly shown his backing for the current manager, only to push him off the cliff shortly afterwards. :D

Understatement of the year BJ!! :D :D

The dreaded Chairmans vote of confidence.

Based on what was said.........

With a good pre-season to prepare for next season he (Mancini) is going to do a wonderful job for us next season and for many years.

"I have the highest regard for him as a human being and as a person and believe he is definitely the right manager for this club for many years."

I would say there is a good chance Mancini will be sacked on Monday morning :)