Manchester City

mrbojangles

To be honest Singhers, I'm pretty much happy with the squad we have and we now need to let them have time to work and gel together as a team. There are several we need to offload before buying any more and there are a few who my jury is still out on (Kolarov being one). But overall I think we have a good squad to chose from and they just need time to settle.

You have a "good" squad to choose from do you! :lol:

To be honest Singhers, I'm pretty much happy with the squad we have and we now need to let them have time to work and gel together as a team. There are several we need to offload before buying any more and there are a few who my jury is still out on (Kolarov being one). But overall I think we have a good squad to chose from and they just need time to settle.

Sorry. Confused. Do you think that we haven't got a good squad?

Sorry. Confused. Do you think that we haven't got a good squad?

Well its hardly an average squad, i mean after with the hundreds of millions spent its only fair to assume its a top quality squad even if the manager is average. With the likes of Mourinho running things i think you would be well clear of everybody by now.

Edited by carmine

Tough battle on a sh!tty pitch. But at least we live to fight another day.

3 things that shine out to me after this game

1) JO should never be allowed to wear a city shirt again. He really is farkin useless. No wonder he was voted the most overrated footballer in the history of the world!! If the idea was to put him in the shop window, then that has backfired because now his value is zero. There is not a team on earth that would take him!!

2) Milner should NEVER start a game if Johnson is available. I have friends who rate Milner. I dont. He is an average left sided midfielder... period.

3) If Richards injury is not too serious, he should be allowed a run in the team. The last 2 games he has played he has made 2 world class touches that have led to goals.

Ah well still in the cup!!

1) JO should never be allowed to wear a city shirt again. He really is farkin useless. No wonder he was voted the most overrated footballer in the history of the world!! If the idea was to put him in the shop window, then that has backfired because now his value is zero. There is not a team on earth that would take him!!

2) Milner should NEVER start a game if Johnson is available. I have friends who rate Milner. I dont. He is an average left sided midfielder... period.

3) If Richards injury is not too serious, he should be allowed a run in the team. The last 2 games he has played he has made 2 world class touches that have led to goals.

The first half reminded me of watching Yeovil Town when I was stranded there a long time ago......the second half much better....neither side deserved a win though really.

I knew sooner or later people would see him for what he is ... but he is Mancinis 25 million pound average player which makes a difference

Totally agree with ALL 3 points Jack. Especially Jo.

The first half reminded me of watching Yeovil Town when I was stranded there a long time ago......the second half much better....neither side deserved a win though really.

Your'e right smokes. Hopefully on our pitch we should give a much better performance but we should still beat teams like them even playing on sh!tty pitches.

Very sad. RIP Neil.

From skysports:-

City legend Young passes away

Former Blues forward loses long battle with cancer

Former Manchester City forward Neil Young has died at the age of 66 following a long battle with cancer, the club have confirmed.

Widely regarded as one of the club's greatest ever players, Young played an integral role in City's success during the glory years of the late sixties and early seventies.

The gifted frontman joined the Blues in 1959 as an apprentice and forced his way into the first-team fold at the age of 17.

His precocious talent flourished once Malcolm Allison and Joe Mercer joined the club and he helped guide City to the league title in 1968.

Perhaps his finest moment arrived a year later, as he bagged the winner against Leicester in the 1969 FA Cup final.

The next season he was on target on finals day again, this time in the European Cup Winners' Cup.

Alongside the likes of Francis Lee, Colin Bell and Mike Summerbee, Young was part of the most formidable attacking force in English football at that time.

He left Maine Road in 1972 having scored 107 goals for City in 412 appearances and was inducted into the club's Hall of Fame in 2008.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit quiet in here?

Reflecting on how long it's going to take you to get back to the glories of the Sumerbee, Bell, Lee Young era? Certainly was a great team. Franny Lee bustling through mud is as abiding a memory as Best wiggling his hips past defenders.

Can't mention those four without mentioning Joe Corrigan - a great keeper who would have featured more internationally had he not been in the era of England's/Britain's greatest ever goalkeepers.

The cracks are beginning to show. :)

:rolleyes:

Yes the cracks are really starting to appear.

Unbeaten at home since before Christmas,

Last 16 of Europa Cup,

Last 16 FA CUP.

Kepp em coming Lloyd :lol:

In fact assuming manure beat Chelski tomorrow night its shaping up to be a real three way tie for the last two CL spots....maybe ven three as the arse are primed with the dynamite just needs the O's to light the fuse......great weekend by the way....our players are enjoying a well earned break.

:)

The cracks are beginning to show. :)

:rolleyes:

Yes the cracks are really starting to appear.

Unbeaten at home since before Christmas,

Last 16 of Europa Cup,

Last 16 FA CUP.

Kepp em coming Lloyd :lol:

In fact assuming manure beat Chelski tomorrow night its shaping up to be a real three way tie for the last two CL spots....maybe ven three as the arse are primed with the dynamite just needs the O's to light the fuse......great weekend by the way....our players are enjoying a well earned break.

:)

Well I think your lot will finish above Chelski, they just seem shot to pieces :o

We were basically <deleted> awful yesterday, but still managed a draw. In years gone by we would have lost games like that. This year we do at least seem to grind out results.

I think we miss De Jong more than any other player except maybe Tevez.

We have a fairly easy run in.. home to Wigan/ Sunderland/Stoke/West Ham.

Away to Liverpool and Chelsea, who are both plain sh!te right now, as well as Blacburn and Bolton.

The only iffy games are Spurs at home and Everton away, both of whom we struggle historically.

I agree that Arsenal could be the team to implode right now.

Nothing like an attractive FA Cup tie for bringing in the crowds, all 25,570 of them :o:D

How many did you get in this round. Oh wait a minute, you are already out aren't you. And you got knocked out in a local derby fixture on a sunday afternoon that attracted all of 21,829, which is about 4,000 below Fulham's capacity. Give it up Alfie, we can all slag each others teams off for one thing or another. Personally, I think 25,000 for a freezing wednesday night isn't too bad, when we only played on sunday and again this sunday. In 19 days we will have played 6 matches, of which 5 will have been at home. The fans aren't made of money you know, and unlike Man United, we don't force season ticket holders to purchase non league tickets.

Nothing like an attractive FA Cup tie for bringing in the crowds, all 25,570 of them :o:D

How many did you get in this round. Oh wait a minute, you are already out aren't you. And you got knocked out in a local derby fixture on a sunday afternoon that attracted all of 21,829, which is about 4,000 below Fulham's capacity. Give it up Alfie, we can all slag each others teams off for one thing or another. Personally, I think 25,000 for a freezing wednesday night isn't too bad, when we only played on sunday and again this sunday. In 19 days we will have played 6 matches, of which 5 will have been at home. The fans aren't made of money you know, and unlike Man United, we don't force season ticket holders to purchase non league tickets.

I spoke to a very disappointed Orient fan last night in the boozer. He took his son to the Arse game at home for £20 each but the library set the cheapest prices at £48 each.

Out of reach for many that nowadays.....aye out of touch with the real fans....very sad no matter which club. :(

I'll stand corrected BJ if you can prove i'm wrong, but having lived 5 minutes from Craven Cottage and attended in excess of forty games there i think you'll find that their capacity is 22000 unless something has changed in the last five years. I could call one of my mates thats been a season ticket holder for twenty odd years to confim. I'm disputing what it says on wiki as i can remember being there for a Manure game that was totally sold out for example and the attendance was just under 21k.

I would be a littlt disappointed with City's attendance but i think we forget that its the club that has the arab money not the fans and the economy in the UK is by all accounts somewhere down the toilet.

Edited by carmine

I'll stand corrected BJ if you can prove i'm wrong, but having lived 5 minutes from Craven Cottage and attended in excess of forty games there i think you'll find that their capacity is 22000 unless something has changed in the last five years. I could call one of my mates thats been a season ticket holder for twenty odd years to confim.

They've probably made the seats thinner since then Carmine, as the official premier league site gives it as 25,478 :Dhttp://www.premierleague.com/page/fulham-fc

I would be a littlt disappointed with City's attendance but i think we forget that its the club that has the arab money not the fans and the economy in the UK is by all accounts somewhere down the toilet.

To be honest, I expected more but as I said above, 5 home games in 19 days is a lot of dosh, especially as you say in the current economic climate.

I'll stand corrected BJ if you can prove i'm wrong, but having lived 5 minutes from Craven Cottage and attended in excess of forty games there i think you'll find that their capacity is 22000 unless something has changed in the last five years. I could call one of my mates thats been a season ticket holder for twenty odd years to confim.

They've probably made the seats thinner since then Carmine, as the official premier league site gives it as 25,478 :Dhttp://www.premierle.../page/fulham-fc

To be honest, I expected more but as I said above, 5 home games in 19 days is a lot of dosh, especially as you say in the current economic climate.

If the seats are thinner my mate, who's a lard arse , will probably having to pay for a customised double seat. :o

They've probably made the seats thinner since then Carmine, as the official premier league site gives it as 25,478 :Dhttp://www.premierle.../page/fulham-fc

If the seats are thinner my mate, who's a lard arse , will probably having to pay for a customised double seat. :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i can't see what a game played at Fulham has got to do with your low attendance ;) especially as the away supporters ticket allocation was fully taken up :o.

For the record when we played Charlton in the 3rd of the cup the attendance was 35,698 a 98% capacity, when we played Aston villa

3 days after a home european tie the capacity was 35,871 a 99%.

I hope this clarifys things :D

i can't see what a game played at Fulham has got to do with your low attendance ;) especially as the away supporters ticket allocation was fully taken up :o.

For the record when we played Charlton in the 3rd of the cup the attendance was 35,698 a 98% capacity, when we played Aston villa

3 days after a home european tie the capacity was 35,871 a 99%.

I hope this clarifys things :D

London Population 7,753,600 (mid-2009)

Manchester City and Metropolitan Borough Population 464,200 (2008) if you include the other 10 Greater Manchester Districts 2.5m

Well to change the topic of crowd attendance, are you looking forward to the Reading game Mr.BJ?

I certainly am, it will be like another cup final for us.;;and it'll be on TV :)

Last 8 last year, last 8 this year, only non-prem team in the last 8 for the last 2 years :D

It was 84 years since we made the last 8, I was of course only a nipper then :lol:

So we are stuck in the Championship for another year, but the cup compensates for the fact that we ain't had much of a season in the league.

I realistically don't think we will beat you...but then I never thought we would beat Everton this year or Liverpool last year...so I could be wrong :blink:

Factoid: Reading are the ONLY team to have beaten premier league opposition in the cup this season, WBA and Everton....thats quite a good statistic :D

Well to change the topic of crowd attendance, are you looking forward to the Reading game Mr.BJ?

I certainly am, it will be like another cup final for us.;;and it'll be on TV :)

Last 8 last year, last 8 this year, only non-prem team in the last 8 for the last 2 years :D

It was 84 years since we made the last 8, I was of course only a nipper then :lol:

So we are stuck in the Championship for another year, but the cup compensates for the fact that we ain't had much of a season in the league.

I realistically don't think we will beat you...but then I never thought we would beat Everton this year or Liverpool last year...so I could be wrong :blink:

Factoid: Reading are the ONLY team to have beaten premier league opposition in the cup this season, WBA and Everton....thats quite a good statistic :D

Feel free to play for a replay extra time and pens....with a couple of nasty tackles along the way.....all part of the cup tradition....:whistling: :whistling:

Yeah it's a good statistic that TP and to be honest, I would have prefered a Prem team. Our lot just don't seem to perform against lower league teams. The good news for everyone though, is that the semi-finals will be without either Arsenal or Man Utd.