Manchester City

mrbojangles

Well done City........and a big thank you to Joey Barton for both reducing QPR to 10 men and adding that injury time.

Big tea drinking celebrations in Abu Dhabi.

did you see his twitter comments afterwards? he's horrible that lad is.

Well done City........and a big thank you to Joey Barton for both reducing QPR to 10 men and adding that injury time.

Big tea drinking celebrations in Abu Dhabi.

He's a piece of..........

Should be kicked out of the game!

Yeah Congrats City glad you stuffed United

But it confirms one thing and that is the PREMIER is no longer about just football, the Premiership is decided by the team that has the most money behind them and that SUCKS

DK

it's been that way for 20 years. it's nothing new.

Not quite true. Things have changed. Before you had the rich clubs, but even the rich clubs had to keep their eyes on the books and make sure ingoings and outgoings weren't completely off-whack. The sugar daddy clubs changed all that. Balancing the books is thrown out the window. What happens now is throw as much money as you can at the team until you win. Great for the fans of the likes of Chelsea and City, but long term what might the consequences be? Perhaps not the right day to be asking that. I think there will be consequences though, and i don't think it'll be pretty.

But it confirms one thing and that is the PREMIER is no longer about just football, the Premiership is decided by the team that has the most money behind them and that SUCKS

DK

Not quite true. Things have changed. Before you had the rich clubs, but even the rich clubs had to keep their eyes on the books and make sure ingoings and outgoings weren't completely off-whack. The sugar daddy clubs changed all that. Balancing the books is thrown out the window. What happens now is throw as much money as you can at the team until you win. Great for the fans of the likes of Chelsea and City, but long term what might the consequences be? Perhaps not the right day to be asking that. I think there will be consequences though, and i don't think it'll be pretty.

united won the league when they were the richest club. chelsea won the league when they were the richest club. now it's city. arsenal were an anomaly.

financial fair play is supposed to make a more level playing field. guess we'll see. my hunch is that it won't.

DK

united won the league when they were the richest club. chelsea won the league when they were the richest club. now it's city. arsenal were an anomaly.

financial fair play is supposed to make a more level playing field. guess we'll see. my hunch is that it won't.

How much richer were United than Liverpool when they were winning back to back titles? The margins and the differences have changed from then, and the need to balance the books has gone out the window, for some clubs. If you think that is of no consequence and that none of that makes any difference cos in your simplistic dumbed down "it is still the richest club winning" version of things, nothing has changed, i think you are wrong. Perhaps accepting that there is a difference doesn't tie in however with your desire to put United's success solely down to money.

Edited by rixalex

How much richer were United than Liverpool when they were winning back to back titles? The margins and the differences have changed from then, and the need to balance the books has gone out the window, for some clubs. If you think that is of no consequence and that none of that makes any difference cos in your simplistic dumbed down "it is still the richest club winning" version of things, nothing has changed, i think you are wrong. Perhaps accepting that there is a difference doesn't tie in however with your desire to put United's success solely down to money.

i don't put united's success solely down to money. but it's a massive helper. being able to spend 30m on a player when you feel like it, be it ferdinand, rooney, berbatov, whoever, marks you as being considerably richer than the pack. years of sky tv money and champions league revenues made united far, far richer than those hoping to compete with them. but now that your neighbours are considerably richer than you are and the glazers continue to bleed money out of the club it's "oh the margins and differences have changed". still completely the same principle though.

i don't put united's success solely down to money. but it's a massive helper. being able to spend 30m on a player when you feel like it, be it ferdinand, rooney, berbatov, whoever, marks you as being considerably richer than the pack. years of sky tv money and champions league revenues made united far, far richer than those hoping to compete with them. but now that your neighbours are considerably richer than you are and the glazers continue to bleed money out of the club it's "oh the margins and differences have changed". still completely the same principle though.

It's about how much richer they are than everyone else, and it is how the money was almost entirely generated outside of the club. But as i say, if you want to make the frankly silly argument that being 1 million pounds richer is exactly the same as being 100 million pounds richer, and think that none of this rich people's playground thing in the Premiership won't ultimately have unpleasant consequences, and not only for the clubs they "invest in", well then i think you are wrong and that the future will prove that so.

Dear football forum members.

For you all who have given congratulations, many thanks. For those who are trying to spoil this day for us, it ain't gonna work.

and it wouldnt surprise me if City, being typically City, make us sweat more than we need to!!

Ain't that the truth. But it's part and parcel of being a city fan eh jack.

We both knew something like that would happen!!!

It really is typically City.

But they managed to surpass themselves tonight, bettering the drama vs Gillingham.

Emotional night tonight!! Very Happybiggrin.png

I've never been as nervous in all my life jack I really wish they would stop doing that to us.

The stats are unreal. 81% possession. About 34 shots to QPR's 3 and about 19 corners to QPR's 0. With all that, we should have had it buried by half time but we just can't do it that way.

• Like 1

Congratulations to all bitters

Now i know how them Bayern fans felt in 1999.

It felt like you stole it in the end....you could not get any closer than that,the best finish in the premier league for sure.

Enjoy the feeling Jack and jangles clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

PS Fair play to Barton for flooring that Tevez if anyone deserves an elbow to the face its that little <deleted> (Im sure Man City fans will agree)

Barton is a pr1ck. He always has been. Tevez threw his toys out the pram, but that is nothing compared to the stuff Barton and his clan have done over the years. If anyone deserves a big dig in the head, it's Joey Barton. I'm just glad his sending off didn't cost QPR their premier league place.

Of course, one good thing was to come from it - MANCHESTER CITY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2011/2012.

Well done lads, you deserve it.....thumbsup.gif

I don't suppose anyone has a picture they can post of Ferguson's face when he heard City had won? That's got to be good for a giggle!

• Like 1

I've never been as nervous in all my life jack I really wish they would stop doing that to us.

I went through half a pack of cigarettes and all my finger nails in the last half of that game.

The most riveting end to a season for some time.

Well done chaps.

Wow,what an exciting finish to the season......real edge of the season stuff.

When it was 2-1 to QPR coming into injury time i said "If Citeh get one,theyll score another" so you can either thank me or blame me depending on your point of view !!!

But United should never have been in this position......losing to Wigan and,especially,blowing a 2 goal lead against Everton with 7 minutes to go.

Congrats to Citeh.......overall you were the best team this season !

Many many congratulations to City.

Why is it that you don't get much visibility of the money men who own the club whenever Manchester United or Manchester City win something big? [same would probably be true of Arsenal, but we don't win stuff]. Maybe I missed something though as I only saw edited highlights.

At least with Chelsea, derided thought they are on here, you get the feel of a committed owner whenever they are playing big games.

Many many congratulations to City.

Why is it that you don't get much visibility of the money men who own the club whenever Manchester United or Manchester City win something big? [same would probably be true of Arsenal, but we don't win stuff]. Maybe I missed something though as I only saw edited highlights.

At least with Chelsea, derided thought they are on here, you get the feel of a committed owner whenever they are playing big games.

I understand what you are saying but i would reckon that if thats Romans idea of committed running of the club sacking a manager every season then most Chelsea fans would wish he stayed in Russia.

It does also appear that for the most part the Glaziers and Mansour let their managers atleast pick the team and new players.

It does also appear that for the most part the Glaziers and Mansour let their managers atleast pick the team and new players.

I'd love to see someone try and pick Fergie's team for him.......surely not even the Glaziers would be that stupid.

It was a day of fairytales yesterday.What with Williams winning the Spanish Grand Prix and then the Prince of Ancona, with a little bit of help from the kings from the east bearing gifts,snatching the Crown from the Evil Red Devil King.

Now you've won it,be prepared for the envy and hatred from elsewhere,that Chelsea have endured because we "won the lottery" (not my quotes) as well.

I can see many more yellow and green scarves being worn at Old Trafford at the start of next season,incidently.

• Like 2

Remember all these well wishers from other teams, they don't give a shit about City winning, they are only happy because United didn't. Any other team that showed the grit and determination that United did, fighting against the colossal financial might of a team like City that has spent crazy, would have garnered a lot more support from these people, but because it is United, it's a different story. I get that. Success breeds contempt and bitterness from those on the outside. So with that said, i hope these people go on cheering your victories against us...

Before i start sounding bitter myself, congrats to City. The best team by the tiniest of margins. Enjoy the moment... see you next year.

<deleted> real football fans want a team who uses money it earns to win, the sky breed and woolyback scousers don't count!

Woollybacks are not Scousers, they talk funny and marry their sisters.

Barton's latest tweets to Lineker today:

do u wanna go there publicly "Mr Squeaky Clean" ? Think u should have a look in that vast closet of skeltons before u respond...

I know a lot about THAT side to u the people don't and won't bat an eye lid at exposing u. So mind ur manners Squeaky...

now back under your stone you odious little toad...

ohmy.png

Dear football forum members.

For you all who have given congratulations, many thanks.

Well done 'mrbojangles' and after 40 odd years as well.

Win drunk.gif

PS Fair play to Barton for flooring that Tevez if anyone deserves an elbow to the face its that little <deleted> (Im sure Man City fans will agree)

So you are suggesting that elbowing one player, scraping his boots down another, pretending to throw the head at Kompany ( maybe wrong player ) is acceptable sporting behaviour, when more importantly your team, your fans and your employers are fighting for survival?

Fair play to you, sport and intelligience is alive and well in football.

Acceptable sporting behaviour???? Thats a joke as ManCity now buy the league they have no interest whatsoever about football being a FAIR sport.

but no i said Tevez deserved a slap, and if youd listened to short term memory ManCity fans they were saying far worse recently, some were even saying they wouldnt go again if he played.

And as for the comparison with Man U.

I firstly cant see how people even debate that their isnt a huge difference.

Man U generate their own money, as do Spurs, Arsenal and Newcastle.

Teams such as Man City or Chelsea have ruined the game by buying trophies without getting their clubs in order, Man City had potentail to challenge at the top but the went the cheats route,(they did have a crop of cracking young ENGLISH players that had their chance taken away) i for one was gutted ManU didnt win the league.

After recently visiting that part of the world, the rulers are nothing other then dicators of the lowest order, such a pity we even trade with them.

Congratulations to all bitters

Now i know how them Bayern fans felt in 1999.

It felt like you stole it in the end....you could not get any closer than that,the best finish in the premier league for sure.

Enjoy the feeling Jack and jangles clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gif

Cheers Red.

It was a day of fairytales yesterday.What with Williams winning the Spanish Grand Prix and then the Prince of Ancona, with a little bit of help from the kings from the east bearing gifts,snatching the Crown from the Evil Red Devil King.

Now you've won it,be prepared for the envy and hatred from elsewhere,that Chelsea have endured because we "won the lottery" (not my quotes) as well.

I can see many more yellow and green scarves being worn at Old Trafford at the start of next season,incidently.

Could i just correct you here, from a Tottenham perspective atleast.

It really isn't so much about you winning the lottery, which ofcourse is what happened. . Lucky you is all i'll say. Its more to do with your supporters vile chanting with regards to concentration camps and gas chambers.

It also doesn't help does it when your board champions Captain Fantastic the way they do.

In the Bangkok Post this morning, Mr Kompany is quoted as saying that many of the team did not move to city for the money.

And many in Thailand were not attracted here by the easy availability of attractive ladies for a modest fee.

• Like 1

In the Bangkok Post this morning, Mr Kompany is quoted as saying that many of the team did not move to city for the money.

And many in Thailand were not attracted here by the easy availability of attractive ladies for a modest fee.

Vinny signed in 2008 for about 6mil