Manchester City

mrbojangles

Below average performance, I thought.

3 of the 4 defenders played well..... Clichy excepted.

Silva was poor, Milner had a couple of decent runs but gave the ball away too often. Tevez did ok

Kolo Toure MOM for me.

Made a concious effort to watch Milner, as much as he has a lot energy and gets about the pitch, some of his decision making is abysmal, no wonder he is not a regular !!!!!!

Last couple of games, he has played well, but last night he was average. And he just cannot take a decent corner!!

On that performance Villa will go down imho....they look almost completely disorganised.

In fairness, they chased every ball and put us under pressure every time we got the ball and didn't give us any space. But yeah, apart from that they were disorganised and passing in hope that someone would be on the end of it.

On that performance Villa will go down imho....they look almost completely disorganised.

In fairness, they chased every ball and put us under pressure every time we got the ball and didn't give us any space. But yeah, apart from that they were disorganised and passing in hope that someone would be on the end of it.

Its not good enough in the Premiership.....down they go....!

Keep the faith Blue Mo(a)oners-you will qualify for the Champions League again for certain as Premier League runners up clap2.gif

p.s.are the rumours that Manchester City council are considering selling the Etihad Stadium to you correct-or will you continue to be council house tennants for the foreseeable future giggle.gif

Edited by petermik

I hope so. I need Wigan to pull off their usual houdinhi act so I can have my occasional venue for cheap EPL match viewing next year.

No, before you start, I'm not a disaffected Arsenal fan turned Wigan supporter Smokie! Mind you, I do look out to watch Wigan's games these days - they took a right pasting from a very impressive Suarez at the weekend but they tonked Reading at the Majdeski a week earlier and I went to watch them hammer Huddersfield in the FA Cup at the John Smith's stadium a week previous on a return visit to the UK.

I had decided to support Huddersfield that day, not because I'm a Yorkshireman, but anyone who names their stadium after a brewery is worthy of supporttongue.png. Bad decision, Huddersfield were not worthy of support it turned out!

Stevie (if your'e watching this thread) - I was suprised that there semed to be quite a bit of space left at the Wigan away supporters end on Saturday, judging by the occasional TV shots. What's wrong with your guys, don't like travelling anymore? even Arsenal pretty much filled that stand 2 months previous. Ok - they are all rich effete southern ba$tards, but it's only about 25 quid at Wigan - cheaper than Anfield probably.

Edited by SantiSuk

I hope so. I need Wigan to pull off their usual houdinhi act so I can have my occasional venue for cheap EPL match viewing next year.

No, before you start, I'm not a disaffected Arsenal fan turned Wigan supporter Smokie! Mind you, I do look out to watch Wigan's games these days - they took a right pasting from a very impressive Suarez at the weekend but they tonked Reading at the Majdeski a week earlier and I went to watch them hammer Huddersfield in the FA Cup at the John Smith's stadium a week previous on a return visit to the UK.

I had decided to support Huddersfield that day (unfortunately), not because I'm a Yorkshireman, but anyone who names their stadium after a brewery is worthy of supporttongue.png.

You just there for the mushy peas Santi....we know! rolleyes.gif

p.s.are the rumours that Manchester City council are considering selling the Etihad Stadium to you correct-or will you continue to be council house tennants for the foreseeable future giggle.gif

Don't know. But I doubt it. We have something like a 200 year lease deal which is extremely cheap. So I can't see the economics in buying the actual ground. However, we do own 80 acres surrounding it.

P.S. What exactly do United own? Don't forget, your home can be repossessed if you don't keep up your mortgage payments. wink.png

Don't know. But I doubt it. We have something like a 200 year lease deal which is extremely cheap. So I can't see the economics in buying the actual ground. However, we do own 80 acres surrounding it.

P.S. What exactly do United own? Don't forget, your home can be repossessed if you don't keep up your mortgage payments. wink.png

Where's Abrak? Capital gains mate! tongue.png

Where's Abrak? Capital gains mate! tongue.png

I miss Abrak. You could either ignore all the facts or as is my case, be intrigued with a lot of them

We own everything and everyone ask the FA.

Below average performance, I thought.

3 of the 4 defenders played well..... Clichy excepted.

Silva was poor, Milner had a couple of decent runs but gave the ball away too often. Tevez did ok

Kolo Toure MOM for me.

Made a concious effort to watch Milner, as much as he has a lot energy and gets about the pitch, some of his decision making is abysmal, no wonder he is not a regular !!!!!!

Agree Alf. Good solid pro but not much up top.

We own everything and everyone ask the FA.

You obviously didn't own last nights ref laugh.png

Judging from news today, it looks more and more like Dzeko's gone. A shame, as there were times I thought he might turn into a consistent threat up front. But overall he was too hot and cold, and also showed poor judgement in some situations. I think Mancini got weary of the blasted shots nowhere near the mark, when a thoughtful pass or holding the ball would have been the better choice.

Judging from news today, it looks more and more like Dzeko's gone. A shame, as there were times I thought he might turn into a consistent threat up front. But overall he was too hot and cold, and also showed poor judgement in some situations. I think Mancini got weary of the blasted shots nowhere near the mark, when a thoughtful pass or holding the ball would have been the better choice.

Balotelli gone. Nasri gone (as in no good), Dzeko going. but also gone, Sinclair and Rodwell in.....all part of Mancini's long term tactical plan and team building.

haven't seen that yet JD. I admit I didn't quite like Dzecko at first but he has grown on me, especially his attitude. His first touch is still iffy though.

Balotelli gone. Nasri gone (as in no good), Dzeko going. but also gone, Sinclair and Rodwell in.....all part of Mancini's long term tactical plan and team building.

Don't worry Up, they'll be replaced. In fairness to Mancini though, don't think he had much say in the Rodwell, Sinclair signings and his hand was forced cos of Marwood's balls up

Don't worry Up, they'll be replaced. In fairness to Mancini though, don't think he had much say in the Rodwell, Sinclair signings and his hand was forced cos of Marwood's balls up

Yep, they'll be replaced but poor buys considering between 24 & 27 Million each!

Who is to say that anyone else Mancini buys will be worth it?

His buying record isn't exactly shrewd

Yep, they'll be replaced but poor buys considering between 24 & 27 Million each!

Who is to say that anyone else Mancini buys will be worth it?

His buying record isn't exactly shrewd

Yep. On that we do agree

I thought Dzeko was a great buy when he arrived and really liked the look of him. Thought he would establish himself. Over the last year or so though, i don't think he has ever impressed me when he has started a game. Only ever been much good coming on late. Perhaps he needs more football. A mid table club would give him that and he'd probably shine.

Some posts have been removed and some edited to remove the quoted text. I give a lot of slack but I am also accountable for moderating this forum and have given friendly advice but this is a final friendly warning to not go there again.

I thought Dzeko was a great buy when he arrived and really liked the look of him. Thought he would establish himself. Over the last year or so though, i don't think he has ever impressed me when he has started a game. Only ever been much good coming on late. Perhaps he needs more football. A mid table club would give him that and he'd probably shine.

With the players they bought and after winning the league, I was thinking that they would go from strength to strength, but the players bought in suddenly did a wobbly and it looks like they will all go to pastures new and City will have to start again. Would this have happened under a different manager.......who know? But, I don't think I'd want Mancini using another 100 million of my money because I don't trust his judgement.

What's with all the crazy driving at City?

Carlos Tevez has been arrested for allegedly driving while disqualified. If charged and found guilty the the Manchester City striker, banned from driving for six months in January, faces the prospect of time in jail. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/carlos-tevez-faces-possible-jail-sentence-after-arrest-for-driving-disqualified-8527391.html

This arrest follows the driving-related incident involving Courtney Meppen-Walter, an 18-year-old Manchester City youth team player, who was sentenced to 16 months in jail after killing two people while driving his Mercedes at 56mph in a 30mph limit in Manchester.

Edited by uptheos

Carlos Tevez has been arrested for allegedly driving while disqualified. If charged and found guilty the the Manchester City striker, banned from driving for six months in January, faces the prospect of time in jail. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/carlos-tevez-faces-possible-jail-sentence-after-arrest-for-driving-disqualified-8527391.html

This was the ban from a month or two back when his excuses given were that he hadn't responded to all the letters from the Constabulary because he didn't know what the word Constabulary meant, and at the time when his car was caught speeding, he wasn't actually driving. Of course he wasn't. He's been living in the UK how long now? And he has never taken the driving test. These people think the laws don't apply to them.

This was the ban from a month or two back when his excuses given were that he hadn't responded to all the letters from the Constabulary because he didn't know what the word Constabulary meant, and at the time when his car was caught speeding, he wasn't actually driving. Of course he wasn't. He's been living in the UK how long now? And he has never taken the driving test. These people think the laws don't apply to them.

Its about time one of these "sports personalities" was made an example of and banged up for a few months.

This arrest follows the driving-related incident involving Courtney Meppen-Walter, an 18-year-old Manchester City youth team player, who was sentenced to 16 months in jail after killing two people while driving his Mercedes at 56mph in a 30mph limit in Manchester.

I would hardly call it an epidemic that is running rife throughout the club, Ups.

Carlos is an absolute numpty if he was driving whilst banned and there is no excuse. The Courtney one was mentioned on here when it happened, which if I remember rightly was about the summer of 2012.