Manchester City

mrbojangles

I don't actually blame my dad or my granddad for brainwashing me or taking me to the games at an early age - football is a tribal thing and i love being part of the City tribe, fills me with pride, it must be chuffin awful being a Red though eh :D

Same here Bred :D But i do wish we would win something. If for no other reason than the scum would have to rip that sign down :D

Nah, we'd just change it the last time you won the league....! :o

redrus

• Replies 28.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't actually blame my dad or my granddad for brainwashing me or taking me to the games at an early age - football is a tribal thing and i love being part of the City tribe, fills me with pride, it must be chuffin awful being a Red though eh :D

Same here Bred :D But i do wish we would win something. If for no other reason than the scum would have to rip that sign down :bah:

Nah, we'd just change it the last time you won the league....! :D

Oh, we can start one at Easlands for your lot then. Now, let's see, how long since YOU won the league :o:D

LOL, I just find it astonishing that you're having a go about how long ago it is that we won the league.... :o:D

I feel 'sick as a parrot John' with an arse of a cold but, you've cheered me up no end.... :D

redrus

LOL, I just find it astonishing that you're having a go about how long ago it is that we won the league.... :o:D

It's called being in denial, buddy :D:D

Now orf to bed Red and take an hot toddy with you

LOL, you're one of the best bitters I've ever not met....! :D

redrus

It's called being in denial, buddy :D:D

Now orf to bed Red and take an hot toddy with you

LOL, you're one of the best bitters I've ever not met....! :bah:

Your'e not too bad yersen, for an arch enemy :bah::o

We'll have to try and remedy the "ever not met" bit next year, bud :D

Dickov backing Samaras to come good

Paul Dickov is convinced that fellow striker Georgios Samaras has what it takes to get back amongst the goals again.

The 21-year-old Greek international was substituted at half time in Sunday’s defeat to Spurs and has not scored for City since the West Ham game in September, but does Paul think Georgios will come good for the Blues?

“I’d like to think so,” insists Paul. “He’s 21 years old and a bit raw at times, but he is a fantastic talent. He will get better, he needs a lot of confidence and maybe he is a little short on it at the minute.

“That will come, he’s a good footballer and a good lad who wants to learn as well. Everybody at the club knows what he is about, George will be alright.

“People may think with the way that he plays that George is not giving his all, but he is. Every time he goes out on the pitch he is giving his all and wanting to win, but Spurs was a hard game. In that first half the crowd could probably have booed any one of us because our performance was that bad.”

Turning his attention to the upcoming Christmas period, which starts with the visit of Bolton this Saturday, Paul says:

“We have got to be positive, we have a home game coming up and games over Christmas that are winnable. We have got to look to get three points this week to give us a boost and kick-start our season again.”

And now for the Attacking Midfielders :o

post-19542-1166710673.jpg

DaMarcus Beasley

Squad no: 24

Date of birth: 24/05/1982

Place of Birth: Fort Wayne, USA

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Height (ft): 5.07

International Caps: 57

International Goals: 12

American left-sided midfielder DaMarcus Beasley joined City on loan from PSV Eindhoven at the end of August 2006, having spent two years at the Dutch club.

Prior to that, he played in the MLS for Chicago Fire.

Beasley has been capped 57 times by his country and appeared in all three of Team USA’s games at the 2006 World Cup, starting in two and coming off the bench against Italy.

He also featured prominently in the final game against Ghana, his pinpoint cross setting up Clint Dempsey’s equaliser.

First capped in 2001, Beasley was in the 2002 US World Squad before he cemented his place in the team.

After impressing for Chicago Fire in the MLS, he signed for PSV in June 2004, helping them to the Dutch title and Dutch Amstel cup, as well as into the Champions League semi-final.

DaMarcus made his City debut in the 4-2 defeat at Blackburn in September 2006 - coming on as an early replacement for Hatem Trabelsi.

post-19542-1166710769.jpg

Ishmael Miller

Squad no: 43

Date of birth: 05/03/1987

Place of Birth: Manchester

Height (ft): 6.03

Weight (st): 14.11

International Caps: 0

International Goals: 0

Centre forward Ishmael is another product of City’s hugely successful youth policy. His height and strength belie his agility and he is a natural goalscorer, netting frequently for all the Club’s youth teams he has represented.

Ishmael joined City six years ago on schoolboy forms and has made the step up to the fringes of the first team squad over the past 12 months.

He started ten games for the Reserve team last season, appearing as sub in the remainder and scoring 10 goals.

The 2005/06 season saw Ishmael really push on to make a name for himself. Playing a major part in the relevant success of Steve Wigley's reserve team, Miller switched from an out-and-out front man to a powerful winger, and still managed to take his goalscoring into double figures.

The 'Moston Menace' became the Thomas Cook Reserve Team Player of the Month in December 2005 and continued to impress with his powerful performances - so much so that he earnt a first call-up to the senior squad - and made a Premiership substitute appearance in the March home defeat against Wigan Athletic.

Miller went on to make three other appearances from the bench for the first team along with finishing third top scorer in the FA Premier League Reserve North.

On the back of a successful 2005/06, Ishmael was involved with the senior squad straight from the off and made four substitute appearances before his full debut came against West Ham in September 2006. His powerful run from the edge of his own box paved the way for Georgios Samaras to open the scoring that day as City ran out 2-0 winners

post-19542-1166710890.jpg

Trevor Sinclair

Squad no: 28

Date of birth: 02/03/1973

Place of Birth: Dulwich, London

Height (ft): 5.09

Weight (st): 13.11

International Caps: 12

International Goals: 0

A lifelong Blue, Trevor Sinclair signed a four year deal with the Blues in July 2003 from West Ham who had been relegated from the Premiership.

He scored on his debut for the Blues against TNS in the first leg of the Uefa Cup qualifier at the City of Manchester Stadium.

His second goal was headed into his own net in the Blues win over Blackburn Rovers at the end of August!

By his own admission he struggled to find his form in his first season and he had to be content with a place on the subsitutes bench.

Scored only his second goal of the season in stunning fashion in the derby win at SportCity in March. It came at a vital time to stretch the Blues lead to 3-1 and put the game beyond the visitors.

On his own admission it was not one of the best of seasons for the midfielder and he believes that the City fans have yet to see the best of him in the 2004/05 season.

Scored in his first start of the new season against Charlton Athletic but was substituted in the next match against Everton with a knee injury and spent five weeks on the sidelines.

After an operation on his knee he was ruled out for the rest of the 2004/05 season.

Injury again interrupted Trevor's 2005/06 season, a bad knee injury early in the season kept him out for around a month, and following a facial knock in the Charlton home game he had to play with a face mask at Anfield in the 1-0 defeat.

Despite this nothing can take away from Sinclair's happiest moment of the season - a goal against United in the 3-1 home win in January - coming off the back of being voted Thomas Cook's first team Player of the Month for December 2005.

MR Bojanles

Bredbury Blue

JackNdanny

Helicopter

and any other City supporters in Thailand(or whereever!)i would like to wish you all and your families a very Happy Christmas!!!! :o:D:D:D

Thanks Totlanh,

Same to you and yours.

Hopefully the Blues will give us an early Christmas present!!! :D

MR Bojanles

Bredbury Blue

JackNdanny

Helicopter

and any other City supporters in Thailand(or whereever!)i would like to wish you all and your families a very Happy Christmas!!!! :o:D:D:D

Thanks Totlanh,

Same to you and yours.

Yeah same here, cheers Totlanh :bah:

And a merry xmas to all the rest of you blues and Redrus, cos he's a nice chap for a scum supporter ( i think he's a secret blue, anyways) :bah:

Barton makes City pledge

By Alex Livie - Created on 22 Dec 2006

Joey Barton has moved to dismiss speculation linking him with a move away from Manchester City.

Barton has long been a target for some of the Premiership's bigger hitters, with Arsenal chief Arsene Wenger a confirmed admirer, and speculation in recent weeks has linked him with a transfer away from Eastlands.

The midfielder has been backed to win a place in the England squad in the near future and Barton is clearly happy with how his career is progressing under Stuart Pearce.

"I am very happy here at City and have absolutely no desire or intention to leave," he told the club's website

"I want to concentrate on playing for this football club and am very positive about the future.

"I trust this is the end of the matter and we can get on with preparing for the Christmas period of games."

Pearce wants SWP cash

By Lewis Rutledge - Created on 22 Dec 2006

Stuart Pearce believes Manchester City chairman John Wardle could decide to buy Shaun Wright-Phillips with his own money.

The winger is now in his second season at Chelsea but has never established himself in Jose Mourinho's first-choice starting XI and has been linked with a January exit.

Despite Wright-Phillips' insistence that he is happy at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea have said they are ready to listen to offers.

A number of Premiership clubs have expressed an interest, but Pearce will be hoping he can lure Wright-Phillips back to his former club.

And Pearce has urged Wardle to stump up the cash for the £10million man.

"In the current climate I wouldn't think the club could afford Shaun unless there is a takeover," Pearce explained.

"But the chairman has the financial clout to do it from his own pocket - and not from money within the football club."

However, Pearce accepts that Wardle has already ploughed plenty of cash into the club and cannot be expected to provide the funds.

"He has already put £20million in and that is a sizeable chunk of anyone's fortune," he said.

Pearce eyes transfer moves

By Peter ORourke - Created on 21 Dec 2006

Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce expects to make a few additions to his squad in the January transfer window.

Pearce is keen to bolster his options as he believes he has one of the smallest squads in the Premiership.

The City chief is hopeful Eastlands chairman John Wardle will make money available so that he can be active in the transfer market.

"I am aware of the positions in the squad that need filling as well as I don't think we have the biggest of squads that's for sure," Pearce told Sky Sports News.

"We are busy looking everywhere and I am acutely aware of what we need and it is just a matter of getting them.

"I might have to juggle the pack a bit depending on any news on the takeover, :o(please, please somebody with loadsa money buy us) but I am sure the chairman will find some money from somewhere.

Pearce admitted he was not taking much notice of the possible takeover of the club preferring to concentrate on the football side of things at City.

"I believe (talks are ongoing) so I have left it with the money men at the club and I believe they are talking to various parties in respect to a takeover of the club and that's fine with me," added Pearce.

"In some ways at this stage (the takeover) is irrelevant to me and it is for me to concentrate on the football side of things."

MR Bojanles

Bredbury Blue

JackNdanny

Helicopter

Thanks Totlanh,

Same to you and yours.

Yeah same here, cheers Totlanh :bah:

And a merry xmas to all the rest of you blues and Redrus, cos he's a nice chap for a scum supporter ( i think he's a secret blue, anyways) :o

Nice one, same to you too fella.... :bah:

redrus

Are you ready .

Manc

C

Victory will be so sweet

Thanks

SHEFFIELD UNITED FC

Put it this way, we're currently on a downward path and must be there for the taking of any team right now, but then again we are City and are full of surprises so lets hope they get a win - even a lucky undeserved win, we've not had one of those this season.

Apparently Stuart Pearce reads and contributes to the MEN website...

Hello Cityfans just checking in wiv me weekly diary - first fanks to the fan who new I had a cold last week, trying to climb the fence shouting.. for cough, for cough, at me -must of ad sum Tunes or summit - an then then the rest of the crowd joined in - special them city fans ! Anyway me an Steve as been to see Big Sam for sum help with the selections this week - met im in an burger bar in Bolton - Didi said we wouldn't be able to understand the staff but it was perfect English - have to ave a word wif im - Sam give us each a brown envelope for Christmas - reckon it's me card but promised not to open it till sunday ! Steve come up wif the tactics so if its no good at arf time one of the polish bar staff is doing the team talk and me an steve is doing the floodlights wat wif me being a sparky an all - steve reckons we get a point if the game is abandoned - suits me, one nearer europe innit ! The chairman called me in and said he wasn't appy wif the number of empty seats - whaaat ??? I said me an steve likes it like that so we can talk to each other wif out using the mobile, saving money I said - he loved that and said carry on and Alistar Mac was so impressed he give us a pay rise an one for imself - ere that Alistar is givin up Christmas to go to the Bahamas to look for investement - takin is family as e wants City to be seen as a family club, gawd bless im !! Me, I wanted Christmas off as I got 2 runners at Exeter on boxing day - Bernado in the 1.30, bit of a donkey that one, tempramental - wish I'd never bought it, and Georgios in the 3.40 got the ability but a bit lazy and dont like the cold - probably needs better coaching - given steve Christmas off as he wanted to watch manyoo on TV and he said someone else will put the cones out - supose he's right I'll get that leprichaun Ireland to do it cos he aint playin.Anyway team wif Sams help is GK Dickov, DEFENCE Sun,Didi,Moonchester,Chris Bailey,MIDFIELD Isaakson, Weaver, Hart, Kasper, FORWARDS Dunne, Liam Gallacher - Sorted !!! Have an appy xmas and a great new year - Stuart p

stuart p, carrington

21/12/2006 at 14:06

CITY 0 BOLTON 2

Well I ventured down to my new local on Siam Country Road to see whether Dave and Jumbo (Both Avid City fans BTW each sporting MCFC tattoos) who run the place could get the game on, for some reason we couldnt find it on any of the usual channels - did anyone else watch it live?

We were however getting reports via ESPN that Anelka had scored - my heart sank - How many times do you hear of ex-players coming back to haunt you? And Anelka of all people, he couldn't find his arse with both hands to start with for Bolton - typical isnt it?

IMO if we flounder at Sheffield today then we seriously have to look around for a new manager, as much as I admire Pearce especially for his honesty, can we honestly affford to continue this slide? On paper we should have hammered Bolton, but the guys just arent performing, I don't think Pearce has got the respect in the dressing room and for that reason alone maybe he should be honest with himself and resign.

I don't know - I try not to be pessimistic but when I look this word up in the Dictionary, the meaning says "Manchester City Fan"

'We lost at home and we lost away, we dont give a f*** 'coz we're all Pissed up :o "

Well seems like we got the undeserved win i was talking about, and our most gifted player finally got off the mark, just a shame the scousers and chelski let us down against Blackeyedburn and Reading respectively. Apparently the game is on Thursday on UBC StarSport (Ch40) at 9 AM.

I watched the tape of the Bolton game last night. While we gave a spirited second half performance (again), Bolton always looked like winners. Two excellent takes by Anelka, but i don't remember Weaver having anything to do apart from pick the ball out of the net all game.

The first goal saw Thatcher hopelessly at fault, diving in as he does trying to nick it and then was out of position when anelka found himslef unmarked in our leftback position - good shot though.

The second goal. I know the offside rule has changed but if Diouf was not interfering with play by coming back from his offside position then i'm a ManU fan!

The Dickov header was inconclusive whether it closed the line or not but Mike Riley gave City nothing all day and that incident coming 2 minutes after the first goal was a key incident. We were also denied a definite penalty for the 2nd week running when Vassell was wrestled down.

But Bolton look a far superior side, a more settled side and a side with far more guile and fighting spirit than us, so fair result.

Another 6 pointer next up against WHU...i could do without all this stress!

I did,nt see the game but listened to it on the radio.It would seem ,by the match reports,that there was a good deal of volleyball going on from both teams.

One of those games where it could have gone either way,dont you agree?

Anyway,,,you take 13 place and we have to settle at 17. :o

Cheers

I did,nt see the game but listened to it on the radio.It would seem ,by the match reports,that there was a good deal of volleyball going on from both teams.

One of those games where it could have gone either way,dont you agree?

Anyway,,,you take 13 place and we have to settle at 17. :D

Cheers

Sheff U0-City1-although im always happy with a win i still think we are in deep shit and if we dont find some consistancy and find it quickly we are staring at Championship football next season!!!I feel the West Haam game is huge in the overall context of the season and we need to come away with a minimum of a point(3 would be nice :o )

Archived