Manchester City

mrbojangles

I suppose if we had a sponsor paying £100m to advertise on ours it would be significantly easier for thick northerners to navogate. biggrin.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

But then us thick northerners wouldnt understand the word 'navogate', unless you meant navigate?

Jack...I was on the phone...calm down now laddie. tongue.png

Edit: There, I've fixed it for the spelling Nazi Citeh fan.

Edited by smokie36

I suppose if we had a sponsor paying £100m to advertise on ours it would be significantly easier for thick northerners to navogate. biggrin.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

But then us thick northerners wouldnt understand the word 'navogate', unless you meant navigate?

No problem, obviously the ability to multitask isnt your thing.... carry ongiggle.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

No problem, obviously the ability to multitask isnt your thing.... carry ongiggle.gif

I was POSTING from my phone. Jeez....I already had to explain this to your neanderthal companion...get him to explain it to you. laugh.png

Edited by smokie36

Really happy with that result. It's showing that we have the stamina. Down to 10 men after 24 minutes and yet still had the majority of possession, most shots on and off target. Their goal was totally against the run of play buit we knuckled down and didn't close up shop after pulling back level. I am also really happy with Dzecko and his overall attitude. Well done City.

"More Jam Than Hartley's"

realview.jpg?urbanimage_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.urbandictionary.com%2Fproducts.image.php%3Fdefid%3D4072123&urbanword_txt=More+Jam+Than+Hartley

Edited by MrRed

Really happy with that result. It's showing that we have the stamina. Down to 10 men after 24 minutes and yet still had the majority of possession, most shots on and off target. Their goal was totally against the run of play buit we knuckled down and didn't close up shop after pulling back level. I am also really happy with Dzecko and his overall attitude. Well done City.

"More Jam Than Hartley's"

Even after going down to ten men and being away from home, we had more possession and shots, so hardly jammy and more like worthy winners, Red

Big game tonight BJ,i hope you beat them just had a few bob on you. thumbsup.gif

Cheers Red. Not an easy one at their patch but we really need the 3 points AND for Real Madrid to beat up Dortmund for us. smile.png

I guess it depends on which Dortmund turns up!! Excellent though they were against City, they were terrible at the weekend. I guess with having such a young team, inconsistency will always be there.

I just think that Madrid will score at least 3 against them tonight. Hope so!!

Jack i think your lot should concentrate on beating Ajax first which i think you will do.

at evens i thought it is a very good price ....two long ones i hope fingers crossed.

I am sure City are not thinking about Dortmund V Real, but am sure their fans like me are!!

I think City will win, but I think Real at -1/4 ball is the better bet at evens. I like the Over on the City game too.

Big game tonight BJ,i hope you beat them just had a few bob on you. thumbsup.gif

Red you should know better than betting on the enemy i only do it to make them lose, as i have no luck gambling.thumbsup.gif

Or was that your plan? tongue.png

And some city saying they should be going to places like this and win, how disrespectful to Ajax who have stars on there badge for a reason!!

Citys 3 assults on the biggest domestic competition.

68 out 1st rd.

11 out 1st rd

12 out 1st rd?

Red you should know better than betting on the enemy i only do it to make them lose, as i have no luck gambling.thumbsup.gif

Or was that your plan? tongue.png

Masterplan mate but no fear i will rebound as usual wink.png

And some city saying they should be going to places like this and win, how disrespectful to Ajax who have stars on there badge for a reason!!

68 out 1st rd.

11 out 1st rd

12 out 1st rd?

was always going to be a tough group to get out of this one. three big clubs in a group plus city like.

• Like 1

Could this be the start of Mancini's termination? biggrin.png

I hope not, and I dont think so. I am still a big fan of Mancini. Just a bit puzzled by what he supposedly said after the game....... saying it was his fault as he had not prepared enough for the game!!blink.png

Dont know whether its what he actually said, or its the language barrier, or he is just trying to take the pressure of the players? Just seemed a strange statement to make.

The problem obviously is a defensive one. I said this not so long ago, that ALL Citys coaches were either attackers or attacking midfielders in their footballing career. NO DEFENDERS

They recently employed some Italian guy as their new defensive coach, WHO SPEAKS NO ENGLISH!!!bah.gif

That is the problem. They need to employ someone who the players can communicate with, who is an expert in defensive matters. That for me, is the first thing that Mancini needs to sort out

Edited by JacknDanny

68 out 1st rd.

11 out 1st rd

12 out 1st rd?

was always going to be a tough group to get out of this one. three big clubs in a group plus city like.

Its ridiculous Stevie.

It looks like City will not qualify, and Arsenal possibly will. If City win the League again, and Arsenal finish 4th. then next years CL, Arsenal will still be seeded higher than City, despite the fact that they havent won a trophy for years!!! The way they seed the teams is a joke. Dortmund won their league 2 yrs running, and they are still seeded below Bayern!! Nonsensebah.gif

Could this be the start of Mancini's termination? biggrin.png

I hope not, and I dont think so. I am still a big fan of Mancini. Just a bit puzzled by what he supposedly said after the game....... saying it was his fault as he had not prepared enough for the game!!blink.png

Dont know whether its what he actually said, or its the language barrier, or he is just trying to take the pressure of the players? Just seemed a strange statement to make.

The problem obviously is a defensive one. I said this not so long ago, that ALL Citys coaches were either attackers or attacking midfielders in their footballing career. NO DEFENDERS

They recently employed some Italian guy as their new defensive coach, WHO SPEAKS NO ENGLISH!!!bah.gif

That is the problem. They need to employ someone who the players can communicate with, who is an expert in defensive matters. That for me, is the first thing that Mancini needs to sort out

Without meaning to you are making Mancini out to be a total incompetant.

My view is he's a decent manager and nothing more. His days are numbered if the owners ambitions are to be european champions.

Its ridiculous Stevie.

It looks like City will not qualify, and Arsenal possibly will. If City win the League again, and Arsenal finish 4th. then next years CL, Arsenal will still be seeded higher than City, despite the fact that they havent won a trophy for years!!! The way they seed the teams is a joke. Dortmund won their league 2 yrs running, and they are still seeded below Bayern!! Nonsensebah.gif

well i don't think the champions league should be 'seeded' at all jack, but there you go. the only reason it is is money, pure and simple. it's got nothing to do with competition or prestige or history. it's cash generated by ad revenues generated by viewing figures.

the whole draw should be random. so if you ended up with city, united, chelsea and arsenal in one group and montpellier, ajax, galatasaray and fc copenhagen in another, tough titty.

Micah was saying that Mancini asked them to switch from playing a straight back four to switching between 3 and 5 in defence. "Something we haven't worked alot on" he said. I know you like Mancini jack but to send a team out using a new system that they aren't used to or comfortable with means the blame lies clearly at his feet.

Its ridiculous Stevie.

well i don't think the champions league should be 'seeded' at all jack, but there you go. the only reason it is is money, pure and simple. it's got nothing to do with competition or prestige or history. it's cash generated by ad revenues generated by viewing figures.

the whole draw should be random. so if you ended up with city, united, chelsea and arsenal in one group and montpellier, ajax, galatasaray and fc copenhagen in another, tough titty.

The biggest sham is those that get knocked out go into the Europa cup,madness!

lads do you think city will get in the europa lge or want to?as it will be tough having to slog out in it,while utd chelsea have it easier in champions lge,if both get through.