Manchester City

mrbojangles

I read today something about City being interested in Brendan "Foot In Mouth" Rodgers.

What would you say to having him replace Mancini? He may be intererested in a move to a bigger club where he is guaranteed some kind of European footy for the foreseeable seasons?

NO way. As much as Mancini makes me nuts at times, I'd stick with him over Rodgers. I don't put much stock in that rumor anyway.

I concur.

I read today something about City being interested in Brendan "Foot In Mouth" Rodgers.

What would you say to having him replace Mancini? He may be intererested in a move to a bigger club where he is guaranteed some kind of European footy for the foreseeable seasons?

NO way. As much as Mancini makes me nuts at times, I'd stick with him over Rodgers. I don't put much stock in that rumor anyway.

I concur.

X3

The newspapers were at their brilliant best this sunday.

Rodgers is coming, in another its Ancellotti, in another Moyes, in another Benitez and in another Mancini is staying. So 5 different options in 5 different papers.

Newpapers nowadays are completely nonsensical.

Reports suggest Sheik Mansour is about to spend £65M on a new MSL soccer team to be based in New York. Could be he's setting up a feeder team for Man C..........................or just maybe he's found a way round the UEFA FFP rules that are about to come into force.

Maybe his New York club will buy the foreign players then loan them to Man C. No transfer fees for Man C plus New York could even continue to pay the players wages further reducing Man C's costs. As an added bonus out of favour players at Man C would be sent to New York, but this time the Americans would take care of all financeswhistling.gif .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2316808/Sheik-Mansour-close-establishing-new-MLS-franchise-100m.html

Reports suggest Sheik Mansour is about to spend £65M on a new MSL soccer team to be based in New York. Could be he's setting up a feeder team for Man C..........................or just maybe he's found a way round the UEFA FFP rules that are about to come into force.

Maybe his New York club will buy the foreign players then loan them to Man C. No transfer fees for Man C plus New York could even continue to pay the players wages further reducing Man C's costs. As an added bonus out of favour players at Man C would be sent to New York, but this time the Americans would take care of all financeswhistling.gif .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2316808/Sheik-Mansour-close-establishing-new-MLS-franchise-100m.html

Clever, I like it. biggrin.png

'Roberto Mancini has raised fresh doubt over his position as Manchester City manager by claiming he has been given no assurances by the club’s hierarchy that he will remain beyond the end of this season'.

'The Italian insisted he had no concerns over his future, despite speculation linking the club with Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini and other high profile managers. Mancini said he had no idea why City’s sporting director, Txiki Begiristain, met Pellegrini’s representative in Madrid this week'. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10036596/Roberto-Mancini-in-the-dark-over-Manchester-City-future.html

IF he goes, I wonder who will replace him?

Rafa? He's managed bigger clubs and currently doing well at Chelsea, despite a turbulent time.

Edited by uptheos

'Roberto Mancini has raised fresh doubt over his position as Manchester City manager by claiming he has been given no assurances by the club’s hierarchy that he will remain beyond the end of this season'.

'The Italian insisted he had no concerns over his future, despite speculation linking the club with Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini and other high profile managers. Mancini said he had no idea why City’s sporting director, Txiki Begiristain, met Pellegrini’s representative in Madrid this week'. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10036596/Roberto-Mancini-in-the-dark-over-Manchester-City-future.html

Rafa? He's managed bigger clubs and currently doing well at Chelsea, despite a turbulent time.

I'm not sure what to make of these rumors. I'd think there must be something going on if Pellegrini has been contacted. A decent manager is Pellegrini and he has done a very good job with Malaga. Is Begiristain looking for a manager more to his liking ? It wouldn't come as a great surprise if he was aiming in that direction. Mancini, despite some of his deficits, has done a pretty good job at City. I wouldn't be disappointed if City hired Pellegrini, but then a known commodity like Mancini has its benefits as well. Tough call.

I'm not sure what to make of these rumors. I'd think there must be something going on if Pellegrini has been contacted. A decent manager is Pellegrini and he has done a very good job with Malaga. Is Begiristain looking for a manager more to his liking ? It wouldn't come as a great surprise if he was aiming in that direction. Mancini, despite some of his deficits, has done a pretty good job at City. I wouldn't be disappointed if City hired Pellegrini, but then a known commodity like Mancini has its benefits as well. Tough call.

They are rumours which are exaggerated by the papers.

And the headline is NOTHING like the reality according to Mancini. He states he feels that he doesnt need assurances as the Boss has already told him he will see out his contract. For once I think Mancini has given an excellent answer. Every other day, there is some ridiculous story linking another name to the job. To be honest I am bored with it all right now. Personally I think the 'standard' of journalism in UK is the lowest it has ever been.

I think there is almost no chance that City would employ Pellegrini

• Like 1

And the headline is NOTHING like the reality according to Mancini. He states he feels that he doesnt need assurances as the Boss has already told him he will see out his contract. For once I think Mancini has given an excellent answer.

An excellent answer in my book would be to say nothing. Stating that he feels he doesn't need assurances as the Boss has already told him he will see out his contract, is a bit of a joke. In football management, usually when the owner tells you something like that, it means you're history.

And the headline is NOTHING like the reality according to Mancini. He states he feels that he doesnt need assurances as the Boss has already told him he will see out his contract. For once I think Mancini has given an excellent answer.

An excellent answer in my book would be to say nothing. Stating that he feels he doesn't need assurances as the Boss has already told him he will see out his contract, is a bit of a joke. In football management, usually when the owner tells you something like that, it means you're history.

Iv'e heard that Jack will follow Mancini to where ever he goes next, nothing like a bit of man love 4.gif

He is Italian matebiggrin.png

The point he is putting forward is that the owner is an honourable guy, and he takes his word. This is a long term project and he is part of it. I think our owners are a little bit different to your run of the mill numpty chairmen/owners

Iv'e heard that Jack will follow Mancini to where ever he goes next, nothing like a bit of man love 4.gif

No, I just appreciate what he has done for me as a supporter of MCFC. As do most City fansthumbsup.gif

We were looking increasingly dangerous near the end of the first period, but suffered the loss of Yaya. Improved with Tevez, but too late.

If Dzeko was being showcased, that didn't work out too well.whistling.gif

We were looking increasingly dangerous near the end of the first period, but suffered the loss of Yaya. Improved with Tevez, but too late.

If Dzeko was being showcased, that didn't work out too well.whistling.gif

I was honestly hoping that the players would be playing for their place for next weeks FA Cup final. How wrong I was and they all looked pretty uninterested. Hopefully Yaya was pulled off as a precautionary measure.

A lot of smoke wafting about regarding Pellegrini today. Remains to be seen what will happen, but with that much smoke I'm thinking there must be some fire.coffee1.gif

It normally does not concern me, when I see stories in the newspapers.

Meeting with Pellegrinis agent doesnt bother me either, as his agent is the same agent of Aguero and our target Isco.

But when I see bookmakers offering odds of 1/6, thats when i worry!!

Apparantly there have been big bets placed from South America on Pellegrini being next manager.

I really hope it is smoke without fire. If sadly, it turns out to be true, then I will be gutted. I think Pellegrini would be a huge step backwards (Klopp or Mourinho, I could understand).

And if it is true then Tixi Bergeristan is a snake in the grass and will lose my respect forever.

when the guardian start pumping http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/11/roberto-mancini-manuel-pellegrini-manchester-city the likes out, then I reckon there's got 2 be something in it,,,, I suppose managers signing a 'new deal' these days, aint primarily about keeping them at clubs its a bit more like the old days bung ie 'We cant bung you a back hander ',but when you do go,,, sign here and you'll leave with a nice few quid and seems he probably will.

A lot of smoke wafting about regarding Pellegrini today. Remains to be seen what will happen, but with that much smoke I'm thinking there must be some fire.coffee1.gif

Meeting with Pellegrinis agent doesnt bother me either, as his agent is the same agent of Aguero and our target Isco.

Apparantly there have been big bets placed from South America on Pellegrini being next manager.

I really hope it is smoke without fire. If sadly, it turns out to be true, then I will be gutted. I think Pellegrini would be a huge step backwards (Klopp or Mourinho, I could understand).

And if it is true then Tixi Bergeristan is a snake in the grass and will lose my respect forever.

He won the Intertoto Cup with Villareal, should be good enough. wink.png

He won the Intertoto Cup with Villareal, should be good enough. wink.png

He won nothing at Villareal (InterToto cup doesnt count)

Went to Real Madrid, where he spent a shed load of money, was criticised for the style of play.... and won nothing

Went to Malaga, where he has won nothing.

No Thanks

I said Intertoto tongue in cheek.

I don't understand him being favourite, but who knows he might be shagging someone's daughter.

A walk in the park this afternoon against Wigan? (yeah, you know it is really) biggrin.png

should feel right at home down here all you northerners !

pissing with rain, dull and windy as a Thai bird out on the lash after 2nd helpings of sticky rice and som tam plah/ poo. tongue.png

^ match made in heaven then ! biggrin.png