Manchester City

mrbojangles

I'm betting Mancini was/is gone whether City beat Wigan or not. Despite his successes at City, he hasn't done enough. The team was horribly inconsistent this entire season, and went to bed early once they were no longer in contention for the title. That is not supposed to happen if you have a topflight manager. You can't turn it on and off when you feel like it. Its difficult enough when a club has a bunch of very well paid (some spoiled and some big headed) players, but if you have a manager who can't manage the personalities...you're doomed. For me, that was Mancini's downfall. He didn't handle his personnel well and it showed. Too much evidence of lack of respect from the players and too often not ready to give 100%.

There's no way to fix that problem. Manager out, and new manager in.

Even if what you say is true, and I dont agree with all you say, what is unforgiveable is the spineless way the club has gone about dispensing of Mancinis services.

I honestly thought our owners were better than that.

They bought into City because the price was comparatively cheap,they have poured more money in and expect bumper returns on their investment-its a toy and ego trip for them-they have no proper understanding of the actual game itself,stability/patience and a little luck is the key thumbsup.gif

I'm betting Mancini was/is gone whether City beat Wigan or not. Despite his successes at City, he hasn't done enough. The team was horribly inconsistent this entire season, and went to bed early once they were no longer in contention for the title. That is not supposed to happen if you have a topflight manager. You can't turn it on and off when you feel like it. Its difficult enough when a club has a bunch of very well paid (some spoiled and some big headed) players, but if you have a manager who can't manage the personalities...you're doomed. For me, that was Mancini's downfall. He didn't handle his personnel well and it showed. Too much evidence of lack of respect from the players and too often not ready to give 100%.

Even if what you say is true, and I dont agree with all you say, what is unforgiveable is the spineless way the club has gone about dispensing of Mancinis services.

uber-rich blokes in behaving like shameless dickheads shocker. you're really that surprised jack? they binned hughes unceremoniously enough.

I am shocked, actually, because their behaviour so far has been spot on. They didnt appoint Hughes, so it wasnt so surprising they got rid.

I would rather have the abruptness of Abramovich than the snidey snake in the grass, knife in the back nonsense.

The board have gone down in my estimation, as for Tixi Bergeristan.................... @@@@ ## @@@@

You know Jack, all kidding aside, if it's not Pelagrini as most seem to think, I really would not be surprised to see Rafa Benitez jump into the frame....and why not? He's a free agent, knows the EPL well, has managed big clubs in Europe and I even think Chelsea fans are starting to warm to him.

I dont want Benitez. I think he is a good manager, but he belongs to Liverpool. His heart is there.

Tend to agree with you there. Benitez would be better plying his trade abroad now.

Chelsea interim boss Rafael Benitez's hunt for his next job has already started and he admits staying in England is the priority. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22506736

"Manuel Pellegrini is going to be the new manager of Manchester City. And right there is the reason why Manchester United’s appointment of David Moyes was so important for English football"

"Pellegrini spent £200m at Real and won nothing... Surely we have better managers here"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2323509/Manuel-Pellegrini-replacing-Roberto-Mancini--British-manager-MARTIN-SAMUEL.html

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 2

Just been confirmed. Brian Kidd takes over for the last 2 games!!

City cant even get a sacking right!!

Now they are not only disrespecting Mancini, but taking the p!ss out of all the loyal fans by making no announcements or explanations!! T@ssers

• Like 2

I have been reading the forums regarding whats happening.

Apparantly a journo close to the club has said that a lot have things have been happening behind the scenes, and things wont be revealed until after Mancini has gone.

But he goes onto say that once everything is revealed that even the most ardent of Mancini fans will understand why he has been sacked!

I still believe there is a way you should sack someone, control it, and keep the fans informed.

Everything now is just rumour and counter rumour. Its embarrassing!!

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'm embarrassed about it jack. Yes, I agree it's not the right way to sack someone but this isn't the first time a Manager will be sacked in this way and it won't be the last. The problem is the insiders who leak this stuff. Even SAF said last night that the news of his retirement wasn't meant to have been done this soon but because of a leak he had no choice.

To me, it's not an embarrassment it's just life being involved in the worlds biggest sport. I think I'd like to wait and see what happens and wait for a club statement first. Then I'll I'll make my own judgement on how well or not they handled it.

I'm not sure I'm embarrassed about it jack. Yes, I agree it's not the right way to sack someone but this isn't the first time a Manager will be sacked in this way and it won't be the last. The problem is the insiders who leak this stuff. Even SAF said last night that the news of his retirement wasn't meant to have been done this soon but because of a leak he had no choice.

To me, it's not an embarrassment it's just life being involved in the worlds biggest sport. I think I'd like to wait and see what happens and wait for a club statement first. Then I'll I'll make my own judgement on how well or not they handled it.

Well, we will agree to disagreesmile.png

Right now I am embarrassed.

I have been reading the forums regarding whats happening.

Apparantly a journo close to the club has said that a lot have things have been happening behind the scenes, and things wont be revealed until after Mancini has gone.

But he goes onto say that once everything is revealed that even the most ardent of Mancini fans will understand why he has been sacked!

I still believe there is a way you should sack someone, control it, and keep the fans informed.

Everything now is just rumour and counter rumour. Its embarrassing!!

Mancini: Dead Man Walking?

Updated: 11:55am UK, Monday 13 May 2013

By Jacquie Beltrao, Sky News Sports Presenter

If Manchester City's Abu Dhabi-based owners are out of patience with manager Roberto Mancini, and if, as all reports say, he's definitely for the chop any time soon, then they should have the courtesy of telling him.

Leaving him to face journalists who all know his fate, even if he doesn't, seems a little cruel, not to mention humiliating. It's like death by a thousand cuts.

City could have put a stop to all the whispering with one statement but their silence has been deafening. There have been no assurances about Mancini's future. There has been no comment at all.

Ok, Mancini failed to achieve the two targets set for him this season: defend the Premier League title and show progress in Europe.

In fact, City's toothless defence of their first league trophy in 44 years was an embarrassment. But most City fans contacting Sky News seem to believe they should stick with the Italian, that chopping and changing managers again is no guarantee of anything.

One fan pretty much summed up their thoughts on Twitter, saying: "Last year SAF (Sir Alex Ferguson) didn't win the title or the FA Cup and it was an early Champions League exit. Did Man U sack him? No they built a statue of him."

But the fact that they have been tracking Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini since January and that City's sporting director had lunch with his agent last week makes it seem that a deal with the Chilean, who is very well thought of in Spanish football, can't be far off.

When Mancini goes there won't be many tears shed in the dressing room or indeed by his bank manager. After all, with four years still outstanding on a £37m five-year contract he would leave City a very rich man indeed.

Edited by uptheos

Can any of you guys/gals help me with the following Question please.

What is the connection among the following: (a) Baker Street, (cool.png Wembley, © MU 1976 and (d) MC 2013?

Thought it would give everyone a break from manager problems etc

BT

Your owners are Arab playboys with the attention span of a gnat with ADHD.

Just been confirmed. Brian Kidd takes over for the last 2 games!!

City cant even get a sacking right!!

Now they are not only disrespecting Mancini, but taking the p!ss out of all the loyal fans by making no announcements or explanations!! T@ssers

apologies it was this one,,,,, where has it been confirmed?

"Manuel Pellegrini is going to be the new manager of Manchester City. And right there is the reason why Manchester United’s appointment of David Moyes was so important for English football"

"Pellegrini spent £200m at Real and won nothing... Surely we have better managers here"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2323509/Manuel-Pellegrini-replacing-Roberto-Mancini--British-manager-MARTIN-SAMUEL.html

hugely disingenuous from samuel and the hatemail there.

he didn't sign those four players, the club and its galacticos policy did. and he got 96 points which is a ridiculous amount to get and not win the title.

No fan of Mankini, will be interesting what more comes out of this. Think it's been handled very badly by the owners, but Mankini has also ought a lot if stuff on himself with his constant moaning.

Don't think he's a great loss to the game in UK, he'll be off to pick up a large pay packet from the next mug that has a bit of cash to spend. So again Fergie sees another one off.

So mancini walkspost-4641-1156693976.gif with,,,,, £15 - 20 mil partytime2.gif ,,,,, and the new boss is gonna be pele la gringo? neus.gif football!!!!!!!!same old same old,guitar.gif Man city officially are now in the mold of the tastless chavs, if it dont work, dont show patience or thought or trust,, just throw money at it,beatdeadhorse.gif Wonder if the challenge on the ffp had anything to do with it? , doubt it but just a thought.

Mr Benitez, your new mission, should you choose to accept it..............redrus

Stranger things have happened, but Mourihio goes to City and Benitez signs an 8 year deal at Chavski. Mankini signs for Loreal, to replace David Ginola.

Still think Pellegrini is a done deal though.

Mr Benitez, your new mission, should you choose to accept it..............redrus

Stranger things have happened, but Mourihio goes to City and Benitez signs an 8 year deal at Chavski. Mankini signs for Loreal, to replace David Ginola.

Still think Pellegrini is a done deal though.

yeah done deal 4 sure,I reckon someones been leaking to the press 4 a while, 4 me the cities owners are now closer to being a world joke than a world brand,cheesy.gif Be it 2 moro,or day, after 4 sure we'll have the mancy chav's justifying what the owners have doneclap2.gif

• Like 2

The usual pathetic club statement about what a great job he had done,including the line that "the club will take an holistic approach to all aspects at the club" Someone might like to explain exactly what that means.

The owners who pull the strings here have no real interest in football its a power trip.End result a club with no heart ,no soul and employees, ie managers and staff, who will always be looking over their shoulders. Haven't learnt much from the quieter neighbours up the road, who while overseas owned, let those who know football get on with the job.

I am really curious about the word holistic, and what that means in terms of the club. I think there has been some major callings out within the club, and Mankini has not helped himself either, by moaning about transfer policy continually. He's also, so we are led to believe fallen out with Hart, Kompany and a few others. Anyway, the club have shown their rue colors, at this rate Chavski will ave some real competition.

The usual pathetic club statement about what a great job he had done,including the line that "the club will take an holistic approach to all aspects at the club" Someone might like to explain exactly what that means.

The owners who pull the strings here have no real interest in football its a power trip.End result a club with no heart ,no soul and employees, ie managers and staff, who will always be looking over their shoulders. Haven't learnt much from the quieter neighbours up the road, who while overseas owned, let those who know football get on with the job.

But most of all money and loads of it!! whistling.gif

holistic-development.jpg

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1