Manchester City

mrbojangles

You really have the squad this time and the manager?....so no excuses eh unlike us of course! wink.png

I'm quite an honest bloke Red. Last year and even you have to admit, we had the group of death. This year we are in a group that even with the injuries we are carrying, we have the players who should get us through. So yeah, no excuses.

Looks like Plzen are trying to cash in on the Champions League. Initially they gave us 600 tickets priced at 47quid. They sold out quick so they have given us some more at 86quid and in the home section. Apparently they tried it on with Schalke a couple of years ago but the Germans boycotted em. Hope we do the same.

Full story:- http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-city-fans-charged-86-5911203

Nice article.

Even though we have been saying the same thing over the past little while, I have seen a couple of similar articles over the past few of days. Maybe the Press are beginning to see the light.thumbsup.gif

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1772251-time-to-reconsider-the-myths-surrounding-manchester-city

Good article jack and the short term and long term visions are clearly spelt out. Unfortunately, there are too many words to read for some on here. tongue.png

Nice article.

Even though we have been saying the same thing over the past little while, I have seen a couple of similar articles over the past few of days. Maybe the Press are beginning to see the light.thumbsup.gif

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1772251-time-to-reconsider-the-myths-surrounding-manchester-city

Good article jack and the short term and long term visions are clearly spelt out. Unfortunately, there are too many words to read for some on here. tongue.png

Yep, certainly looks like there project is different to everybody else's smile.png

As you say in the report it is clear!

The price of 299 poonds is not for a season ticket for a particular seat...ie gauranteed.

"Although these tickets are limited at the moment, there is a clear strategy in place to keep prices down and attendances up, something that should be applauded in an era of growing costs for football fans. "

Good spin as per usual,can you actually post a price of the season ticket price list at the moment??

""They do have a premium season ticket, priced at £780, while their most expensive match-day ticket costs £58, lower than only five other Premier League clubs."

Edited by MrRed

Red, everyone has upper and lower tier prices, it's about how many. But if you still think that article was a "spin". Read this one from the Guardian which backs it up. http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jun/19/premier-league-ticket-prices-club-charge-the-most

City have the cheapest season tickets available of any club. FACT

Yes we also sell more expensive seats but our most expensive is £780. Yours is £950 but topping the list is Arsenal at a whopping £1995.

We didn't write the article Red but it says "Despite an 8% rise of their cheapest available season ticket, Manchester City can boast the best monetary value for football, with a season at the Etihad available for £299. "

Red, everyone has upper and lower tier prices, it's about how many. But if you still think that article was a "spin". Read this one from the Guardian which backs it up. http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jun/19/premier-league-ticket-prices-club-charge-the-most

Yes we also sell more expensive seats but our most expensive is £780. Yours is £950 but topping the list is Arsenal at a whopping £1995.

We didn't write the article Red but it says "Despite an 8% rise of their cheapest available season ticket, Manchester City can boast the best monetary value for football, with a season at the Etihad available for £299. "

The article is unclear,do you have a list of season ticket prices you could post here for this season that were available?

And so you are clear on my understanding of all this biggrin.png monetary value for football is very opinionated isn't it! i mean look at all the wonderful football United have played over the last 25 years and all the trophy's that the club has won....hence for the article to say "city can boast the best monetary value for football" is very disputable don't you think!wink.png

I mean who would want to drive a Ford when you have a Ferrari in the driveway,in my opinion you should be a lot cheaper than what you are due to your very minimal success over the past 50 years.

I would rather pay more to watch good football anyway as the TV companies well know United are the box office smash around the world based on success.

I agree City are still in catch up mode but they have a long way to go to be a top draw club like United so in reality you should be cheaper! thumbsup.gif

The article is unclear,do you have a list of season ticket prices you could post here for this season that were available?

And so you are clear on my understanding of all this biggrin.png monetary value for football is very opinionated isn't it! i mean look at all the wonderful football United have played over the last 25 years and all the trophy's that the club has won....hence for the article to say "city can boast the best monetary value for football" is very disputable don't you think!wink.png

I mean who would want to drive a Ford when you have a Ferrari in the driveway,in my opinion you should be a lot cheaper than what you are due to your very minimal success over the past 50 years.

I would rather pay more to watch good football anyway as the TV companies well know United are the box office smash around the world based on success.

I agree City are still in catch up mode but they have a long way to go to be a top draw club like United so in reality you should be cheaper! thumbsup.gif

Spin doctor.whistling.gif

And so you are clear on my understanding of all this biggrin.png monetary value for football is very opinionated isn't it! i mean look at all the wonderful football United have played over the last 25 years and all the trophy's that the club has won

OK. For you Red, I'll put it in simple terms. You have been going to the same restaurant for 25 years but they have just changed management and give you food poisoning every week. Would you still go? The last 25 years have absolutely no bearing on what you are eating or watching today.

And so you are clear on my understanding of all this biggrin.png monetary value for football is very opinionated isn't it! i mean look at all the wonderful football United have played over the last 25 years and all the trophy's that the club has won

OK. For you Red, I'll put it in simple terms. You have been going to the same restaurant for 25 years but they have just changed management and give you food poisoning every week. Would you still go? The last 25 years have absolutely no bearing on what you are eating or watching today.

Really?

Really?

I see the analogy was too difficult for you to grasp biggrin.png

Really?

I see the analogy was too difficult for you to grasp biggrin.png

Actually i would give the restaurant time to put there own ideas forward and bed the new staff in,menus etc etc!

Much better though than to go to a restaurant that changes its owners and management every other year eh? 3 Michelin stars clap2.gif i always wondered ...now i know! laugh.png

You have been eating at MacDonalds for years mate so the climb to the top table is way off.

Analogy my arse....isn't that when you are allergic to something?

The bad news from ESPN is that Silva and Clichy won't be available this weekend, and Richards not yet ready. The good news is that Kompany is coming along well and may be back ahead of schedule.

I heard that Kompany will be out as well,Stoke isn't it? whistling.gif

The bad news from ESPN is that Silva and Clichy won't be available this weekend, and Richards not yet ready. The good news is that Kompany is coming along well and may be back ahead of schedule.

Kompany definitely out, but maybe back before October, which was a concern.

I heard he might be ok to play against Plzen on Tuesday. Fingers crossed on that one.

I heard he might be ok to play against Plzen on Tuesday. Fingers crossed on that one.

My concern is that he'll come back too soon and risk re-injury. He's too tough for his own good sometimes.

I think the need is greater today against Stoke,Plzen should be a doodle reading between the lines he seems to have a similar problem to Rio and needs to be managed correctly,for me he is more important to you than Yaya.

I think the need is greater today against Stoke,Plzen should be a doodle reading between the lines he seems to have a similar problem to Rio and needs to be managed correctly,for me he is more important to you than Yaya.

I think the need is greater to have him fit for next week against you lot. So Plzen would most likely be an attempt to get some match fitness.

My concern is that he'll come back too soon and risk re-injury. He's too tough for his own good sometimes.

I think that's why they won't risk him today jelly