Manchester City

mrbojangles

Quality side Man City; at times in the 1st half, I thought it could get embarrassing but the lads, especially Noble, kept battling away. biggrin.png

Don't know about you Keddy but I thought the game lacked a bit of passion on both sides. Don't get me wrong, happy to get 3 points but the game felt a bit flat. A bit like the beer I was drinking.

Quality side Man City; at times in the 1st half, I thought it could get embarrassing but the lads, especially Noble, kept battling away. biggrin.png

Don't know about you Keddy but I thought the game lacked a bit of passion on both sides. Don't get me wrong, happy to get 3 points but the game felt a bit flat. A bit like the beer I was drinking.

I thought it was like this in the first half. it was like a training exercise, attack v defence WHU started very cautiously but when we went behind I thought the game opened up a bit and became better too watch but the third goal killed off the game and it petered out. I was happy we kept going despite the gulf in class.

I'm eager to see the game tonight but apparently the pitch is in a horrible state. Both managers agree on that. The temperature is likely to be a tad above freezing. Let's hope for a win regardless of the margin, and get out of there without any serious injuries.

I'm eager to see the game tonight but apparently the pitch is in a horrible state. Both managers agree on that. The temperature is likely to be a tad above freezing. Let's hope for a win regardless of the margin, and get out of there without any serious injuries.

Yeah their home ground is being done up for the world cup and this one is mainly sand with the odd spot of grass. Uefa shouldn't let teams in if they can't host a competition like this. In England, if a team from the conference wants to come up into the 2nd Division, even they have to have a ground that is to a certain standard

Yeah their home ground is being done up for the world cup and this one is mainly sand with the odd spot of grass. Uefa shouldn't let teams in if they can't host a competition like this. In England, if a team from the conference wants to come up into the 2nd Division, even they have to have a ground that is to a certain standard

Sorry, but I really do not see what Pellegrini sees in Garcia as a CB!!!

He really is a liability. Countless times he has lost his man and we are only a few minutes into the second half!!

A bullet dodged. Maddeningly poor defense and thank God Hart got a leg to Honda's shot at the death. I could rant about the defensive effort but I won't, other than to say that Garcia just can't play at CB. The poor guy tries but he just doesn't have it in him.

Nice work from Aguero, Silva and Negredo.

Edited by jellydog

Well, I'll add a mini rant. Is Fernandinho playing as a #5 ? He can make a decent pass, I'll give him that, but he seems unable to make a decent tackle. He seems positively dainty out there. I lost count of how many times a CSKA attacker whizzed by him like he wasn't there. That boy has to learn how to get dirty. When Kompany returns Pellegrini should task him with teaching Fernandinho how to make a timely intervention.facepalm.gif

I fully concur about Garcia and we have all being saying it since game 3 of the prem but that aside I'm gonna take the positives here lads. We played on a sand pit where they painted the sand green to make it look better. You just cannot play tippy toe football on that. I'm watching United at the moment at OT and it looks like a billiard table in comparison to what we have just had to play on.

Anyway, we took the game to them and we played high up the park. Probably because we know we have defensive issues it's best to attack but the danger with that is you leave yourself open on the counter, or as they did more on the "punt" up front.

Yeah we were lucky a couple of times and so were they but overall we deserved the win.

The good news is that we are off to the UK next week and we have just secured tickets for the wife, daughter and myself for the return match on the 5th Nov. As it's bonfire night, I hope it's a cracker!!

Well, I'll add a mini rant. Is Fernandinho playing as a #5 ? He can make a decent pass, I'll give him that, but he seems unable to make a decent tackle. He seems positively dainty out there. I lost count of how many times a CSKA attacker whizzed by him like he wasn't there. That boy has to learn how to get dirty. When Kompany returns Pellegrini should task him with teaching Fernandinho how to make a timely intervention.facepalm.gif

We agree on Garcia, but I have to disagree with Fernandinho.

He is a defensive midfielder. So if you compare his stats on Tackles Won and Interceptions Made, with our own Yaya and Paulinho (who a lot of people were saying we should have signed instead of Fernandhino)

Tackles won in Premiership this year......20, compared to 15 from Yaya and 18 from Paulinho (who has played one game more)

Interceptions made......... 15, compared to 8 from Yaya and 12 from Paulinho.

Total Clearances ....... 11, compared to 8 from Yaya and 5 from Paulinho.

I think that he is a bit of an unsung hero and is quietly having an effective year.

Dont remember either Carrick or Fellaini getting too much of the ball when we played the Ragswhistling.gif

I hope you fellas are right about Fernandinho and I'm way off base. I just couldn't pick out a City player doing much to stem the one countering wave after another. In a game like that Kolarov is not much help either. He gets caught up the pitch and saunters back like there's nothing to be concerned about. City could have very easily gifted that match last night and we would be groaning and wringing our hands today.

Like I say, I hope y'all are dead on about Fernandinho and I hope Kompany's eventual return will make a lot of things right.smile.png

Lot's of faults last night defensively with a few players jelly but I think Pellegrini's tactics knowing that we were weak at the back were to press high and risk the counter. We were away from home but played positive football, even on a pitch as dire as that one. To me, it was simply a matter of "could have done better" but job done.

I'm more interested in them doing a great job in the return match (when I just so happen to be in attendance)

I also hear that Komapny will be back for the Chelsea game.

Lot's of faults last night defensively with a few players jelly but I think Pellegrini's tactics knowing that we were weak at the back were to press high and risk the counter. We were away from home but played positive football, even on a pitch as dire as that one. To me, it was simply a matter of "could have done better" but job done.

I'm more interested in them doing a great job in the return match (when I just so happen to be in attendance)

I also hear that Komapny will be back for the Chelsea game.

I hear ya MrB. My issue is that a game like that makes me crazy. Between beating a hole in the sofa and yelling at the TV I'm almost as miserable with a victory as I would be with a defeat !facepalm.gif

I forgot to add Zabaleta as doing a good job last night. He covered a number of asses other than his own, and I saw few mistakes from him until the very end when he must have been near done.

I envy you the City match at home. Have a great time !clap2.gif

I envy you the City match at home. Have a great time !clap2.gif

I must admit it's the only thing I miss about living in Saudi. Well, that and Boddington's. Oh and Bacon Butties biggrin.png

Go and watch it in a bar in Abu Dhabi. That's virtually a home match anyway.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Well its confirmed that Kompany is out, which is a huge blow.

If we play Garcia there we will be well and truly turned over. And if that happens, I put the blame well and truly at Pellegrinis door.

I dont care if they play Lescott with Nastasic and have 2 left footers. I dont care if they play Richards at CB. I dont care if they play Rodwell there, if fit. Hell, even put Yaya there!! But if Garcia plays there, Chelsea will score minimally 3 goals.

I am seriously dreading the game. I just hope Garcia does not play... Please!!

• Like 1

If we play Garcia there we will be well and truly turned over. And if that happens, I put the blame well and truly at Pellegrinis door.

I dont care if they play Lescott with Nastasic and have 2 left footers. I dont care if they play Richards at CB. I dont care if they play Rodwell there, if fit. Hell, even put Yaya there!! But if Garcia plays there, Chelsea will score minimally 3 goals.

If you lose the gap between us if we win will be a massive 2 points, and after our very average start i would be happy being only 2 points behind you, only down side is chelsea will pull away.

If you lose the gap between us if we win will be a massive 2 points, and after our very average start i would be happy being only 2 points behind you, only down side is chelsea will pull away.

To be honest mate, United dont worry me this year. They dont have the squad nor the manager to make top 3. I was hoping to get a win or at least a draw today, but if Garcia plays, we will need to score 3 or more to even get a draw.sad.png

Totally agree jack. I honestly don't know what Pellegrini and the coaching staff are seeing in him in training. The mind boggles. I also don't know what is taking Demichelis so long to get fit. I know he played 45 minutes last week with the under 21's, so he should be there or thereabouts.

Totally agree jack. I honestly don't know what Pellegrini and the coaching staff are seeing in him in training. The mind boggles. I also don't know what is taking Demichelis so long to get fit. I know he played 45 minutes last week with the under 21's, so he should be there or thereabouts.

Thats what really disappoints me, that for the life of me I just do not see him as a CB. Too slow, gets turned too easily and gets caught out of position almost every time.

Amazingly this is what Stuart Brennan the City reporter for M.E,N wrote in his ratings for Garcia, after the Moscow game......

GARCIA Steady and dominant again at the back – he is starting to make his critics eat their words. 7

cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I really have no clue what he is going on aboutblink.png . Steady and dominant??????????

Thats what really disappoints me, that for the life of me I just do not see him as a CB. Too slow, gets turned too easily and gets caught out of position almost every time.

Amazingly this is what Stuart Brennan the City reporter for M.E,N wrote in his ratings for Garcia, after the Moscow game......

GARCIA Steady and dominant again at the back – he is starting to make his critics eat their words. 7

cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I really have no clue what he is going on aboutblink.png . Steady and dominant??????????

SkySports rated him at 6, the worst score for the whole team. Interestingly, the viewers rated him at 5.3, so we're not alone jack thumbsup.gif

On board with that Jack. Anybody but Garcia ! It would be Lescott or Richards for me, or Demichelis if he is fit, though having him on the pitch first time out against Chelsea would be quite a test. But yes, a first time out Demi over Garcia. Hell, even Rodwell...maybe.

All this said, I hope Kompany doesn't return until he is 100% healthy. I'd rather drop points here and there for a month if it meant Kompany would be fit as a fiddle when he returns. You would also think that City is lining up CB reinforcements for the next transfer window. I sure hope so.

On board with that Jack. Anybody but Garcia ! It would be Lescott or Richards for me, or Demichelis if he is fit, though having him on the pitch first time out against Chelsea would be quite a test. But yes, a first time out Demi over Garcia. Hell, even Rodwell...maybe.

All this said, I hope Kompany doesn't return until he is 100% healthy. I'd rather drop points here and there for a month if it meant Kompany would be fit as a fiddle when he returns. You would also think that City is lining up CB reinforcements for the next transfer window. I sure hope so.

Strewth! If you'd rather have Lescott than Garcia,he must be toilet. Even if he plays,I'm not going overboard on our chances,lads. Even though we haven't lost at home, we haven't played any team of note and we've struggled to break teams like Cardiff,Hull and Fulham down. This game is easily our biggest test of the season and,with Aguerro alight,I can see you scoring at least once. It will be interesting to see who gets on the front foot first as both teams like to,and expect, to control the play.

Strewth! If you'd rather have Lescott than Garcia,he must be toilet. Even if he plays,I'm not going overboard on our chances,lads. Even though we haven't lost at home, we haven't played any team of note and we've struggled to break teams like Cardiff,Hull and Fulham down. This game is easily our biggest test of the season and,with Aguerro alight,I can see you scoring at least once. It will be interesting to see who gets on the front foot first as both teams like to,and expect, to control the play.

Yes oldgit Garcia is that bad. Atrocious is the word that comes to mind. Mind you, Lescott is often near shambles as well, but still a better option.

I wouldn't be upset with a draw on the road given City's weakness at CB. Still hoping for a performance like that against United, but there is no Kompany.

I had you lot down for a win as i thought Kompany would be back, but switched when I heard he was out. whistling.gif

I read a rumor today that Rodwell could be in the CB picture. If Pellegrini starts Garcia he should have a mandatory CAT scan.facepalm.gif