Manchester City

mrbojangles

Mourinho got it all right but I don't think Chelsea's victory means City can't beat them down the road. Add in Aguero who is exactly the type of player who could have made a difference yesterday. Add in Fernandinho. Kompany and Nastasic weren't comfortable with one another after a period of not playing together.

That said, Chelsea is scary. Willian is a great addition and Hazard looks like the player he was supposed to be last year. OTOH I still think Chelsea's defense is suspect at times. It didn't show yesterday however.

I'd like to see Jovetic get more time. I think the jury remains out on him and it would be nice to see what he can do with some consistent time on the pitch. So far, in limited time, I've not been overly impressed with him, but he needs more time. Dzeko ? I don't ever think he's going to be a marquee player in the EPL. He's not good enough to hold down a spot with a club with City's ambitions.

• Like 1

Mike Dean is so incompetent sometimes. Nastasic should have been taking an early bath.

You really do talk a load of cr@p.

Was it clear goal scoring opportunity? On the half way line, with another defender tracking back???

Straight red all day long . It was a blatant foul & stopped a player from having an attempt on goal .Who's to say Oscar wouldn't have shot from where he was pulled down from(one on one with the keeper) ? He also could have ran on (I doubt Terry or anyone else would've caught him) & been one on one with the keeper but obviously closer to goal .It was a goal scoring opportunity & a straight red.

If Terry had caught him, I don't think he would have been too popular with his team mates.

thumbsup.gif

Mike Dean is so incompetent sometimes. Nastasic should have been taking an early bath.

You really do talk a load of cr@p.

Was it clear goal scoring opportunity? On the half way line, with another defender tracking back???

Straight red all day long . It was a blatant foul & stopped a player from having an attempt on goal .Who's to say Oscar wouldn't have shot from where he was pulled down from(one on one with the keeper) ? He also could have ran on (I doubt Terry or anyone else would've caught him) & been one on one with the keeper but obviously closer to goal .It was a goal scoring opportunity & a straight red.

If Terry had caught him, I don't think he would have been too popular with his team mates.

thumbsup.gif

Deffo not ,I could've got it completely wrong & said Usain Bolt .

Edited by mad mary

Jellydog, you think Chelsea's defense is a bit suspect? Since we changed the way we play after the Sunderland loss, we have only conceded 2 goals in 10 games. Add in the fact we have played City, Liverpool, Arsenal and United in that time, that is a good showing.

Yesterday's result has set up a great encounter for the FA cup match. City will want revenge and I bet it is a feisty game!

• Like 1

Jellydog, you think Chelsea's defense is a bit suspect? Since we changed the way we play after the Sunderland loss, we have only conceded 2 goals in 10 games. Add in the fact we have played City, Liverpool, Arsenal and United in that time, that is a good showing.

Yesterday's result has set up a great encounter for the FA cup match. City will want revenge and I bet it is a feisty game!

Trying to find a chink in the armor mjj. I still think Chelsea has a number of problems personnel wise in the backline and with their strikers. But, credit to Mou for skating around 'em. I hate him, but he is a wizard at times. facepalm.gif

Negrado still has that shoulder injury jack. I don't think Pellegrini had much choice but to risk him but it didn't pay off.

Concur with the rest of your post. Injuries aside, Pellegrini got the tactics wrong and I would also have played Milner and Rodwell.

For me, Dzecko has to go this summer.

Do you think he will stay in the PL Mr.B or go abroad?

Maybe Arsenal or Spurs?

Negrado still has that shoulder injury jack. I don't think Pellegrini had much choice but to risk him but it didn't pay off.

Concur with the rest of your post. Injuries aside, Pellegrini got the tactics wrong and I would also have played Milner and Rodwell.

Maybe Arsenal or Spurs?

I don't think we'd put a block on him moving to another prem club Ups, it's not as if he going to vastly improve a competitor biggrin.png

Maybe Arsenal or Spurs?

The tiny totts can have him, he's no better than Bendtner in my book.

Maybe Arsenal or Spurs?

"Costa, Dzeko, Mandzukic, Martinez and Piszczek on Wenger's list as as Arsenal boss aims for THREE world class players to start another period of dominance".

Maybe Dzeko really isn't good enough for Arsenal, but I'm sure Spurs fans would love to have him.

Maybe Arsenal or Spurs?

"Costa, Dzeko, Mandzukic, Martinez and Piszczek on Wenger's list as as Arsenal boss aims for THREE world class players to start another period of dominance".

Maybe Dzeko really isn't good enough for Arsenal, but I'm sure Spurs fans would love to have him.

Well you know how seriously you can take that journalist when he calls Dzeko "world class".

cheesy.gif

• Like 2

article-2452977-18A97E0F00000578-403_634

Manchester City's plans to extend the Etihad Stadium's capacity by more than 14,000 seats are set to get the green light. City had plotted to add 6,250 seats at either end of the stadium and a further 2,000 around the ground, elevating the capacity from 47,620 to 62,170, according to the Manchester Evening news. The plans were already submitted to the city's council planning commission and a report released on Thursday recommended that they are approved. If the building work goes ahead, Manchester will have the two biggest club stadiums in the country.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/index.html

Not happy lads….there is only City and Chelsea in this title race now. We don't want Chelsea winning it and the second best thing to us winning the league is City winning league. Such is the pleasure I get from seeing my red manc brothers anguish. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Well that was bladdy rubbish. 68% possesion and didn't ever look like scoring. Extremely laboured performance.

Like watching grass grow. The importance of Aguero more evident than ever.

Importance or reliance? You'd think with all the attacking talent in your squad it should be importance, but it sounds like reliance.

Not happy lads….there is only City and Chelsea in this title race now. We don't want Chelsea winning it and the second best thing to us winning the league is City winning league. Such is the pleasure I get from seeing my red manc brothers anguish. thumbsup.gif

We've got to step it up to do that BB. Today was aweful.

• Like 1

Well that was bladdy rubbish. 68% possesion and didn't ever look like scoring. Extremely laboured performance.

Importance or reliance? You'd think with all the attacking talent in your squad it should be importance, but it sounds like reliance.

I don't know whether it could be called importance or reliance BB. I'd say Aguero's value is much more than the goals he scores. His explosiveness and trickery draws a lot of defenders to him leaving space for Negredo and others. He also plays much better with Silva than our other strikers.

I don't think Yaya has been at the top of his game recently. I suspect he's contending with that bad back of his which limits his effectiveness. He doesn't seem as quick. Or maybe he's just taking up some slack with Fernandinho out. Or both.

• Like 1

I don't know whether it could be called importance or reliance BB. I'd say Aguero's value is much more than the goals he scores. His explosiveness and trickery draws a lot of defenders to him leaving space for Negredo and others. He also plays much better with Silva than our other strikers.

I don't think Yaya has been at the top of his game recently. I suspect he's contending with that bad back of his which limits his effectiveness. He doesn't seem as quick. Or maybe he's just taking up some slack with Fernandinho out. Or both.

I threw Yaya back in my FF team yesterday, I was expecting an assist and maybe a goal.

Aguero's value is not dissimilar to Suarez, I'd have still given him man of the match yesterday for the same reasons you mention.

Edited by BangrakBob

I am not making excuses, as I t5hought we were pretty poor.

However Negredo has not played well the last 2 games. I have to believe that he is carrying an injury.

I dont think Dzeko is as good as people think he is. I think myself and fellow Blues on here already realise it. He surely has to go in the summer.

Jovetic has only just come back after injury, so its going to take time with him.

I have said it before and I will say it again. We miss Fernandhino, massively. Yaya has a lot more time moving forward with Fernandhino covering for him. When he is on his own, I believe Yayas deficiencies show. He IS slow. He doesnt have an engine like Fernandhino. And he simply cannot and doesnt track back and pick players up like a top quality midfielder should do.... its games like this that Yaya should be grabbing by the <deleted>, but he just doesnt do it

Yesterday, our final ball was simply not good enough. And our shots off target immediately get inflated as soon as Kolarov steps on the pitch!

But even having said all of that... surely our squad is good enough to cope with Norwich?

Very disappointed.

• Like 1

Trust me Norwich are very poor, and I am a fan, you were unlucky to get them on a rare good day where the defense actually defended for a change. I lost a fair bit laying the draw, I was sure Man City would score sooner or later

You know, funnily enough, for the first time this season, I really didnt think we were going to score.

And if you look back at how many saves Ruddy had to actually make?? Embarrassing really.