Manchester City

mrbojangles

What a game. Two red cards and three sendings off.

And that's two players we don't have to face next week which helps.

Does it? Luiz in for Ramires and Shirley for Willian. Same, same but different.

• Like 1

Luiz is a red card waiting to happen.

As somebody has posted previously: difficult to be positive when chicog is about.coffee1.gif

C'mon Villa

Noted.

It ain't personal. I'm a City fan so of course I want Chelsea to drop points.

I'm thinking of starting a thread: "P45's House in The Boonies."

Be my guest but make sure it's in the correct forum and not in the footy one.

Made out of teak and rosewood by Thai carpenters with pride.

And your point being?

As somebody has posted previously: difficult to be positive when chicog is about.coffee1.gif

What are you talking about? I *am* being positive (about Arsenal).

IMO Kompany was fouled first, but as the ref didn't see it that way then he had to go.

I think there's more ground for giving a red card when an incident like this takes place outside the box (denying a goal scoring opportunity). If it takes place in the box, then surely a penalty and yellow would be sufficient, as the goal scoring opportunity is restored and some. Let's be fair most penalties should be converted.

But once again I say Kompany was fouled first, so it should have been a Man City free kick.

In situations like that, they should simply award a penalty goal and a yellow card. I mean look what happened with Suarez in the World Cup, and now the whole of Africa thinks he's a cheat as well.

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog

In situations like that, they should simply award a penalty goal and a yellow card. I mean look what happened with Suarez in the World Cup, and now the whole of Africa thinks he's a cheat as well.

biggrin.png

Will lose a lot of sleep over that one....as will hecoffee1.gif

biggrin.png

Will lose a lot of sleep over that one....as will hecoffee1.gif

Notwithstanding your defence of your star player, I was pointing out that the fantastic save he made on the line resulted only in a penalty, which was missed. As a result, Uruguay were able to crawl to a penalty shoot out and win the game.

I think a fairer sanction would have been a penalty goal and a yellow card.

It would stamp out these "professional fouls", especially outside the box.

• Like 1

Oh my Buddha. Even the United players kids are leaving in droves. So much for United's youth system eh!!

Sons of United pair are training with City's academy

The sons of United duo Robin van Persie and Phil Neville are with CITY'S academy.

Shaqueel van Persie, seven and Harvey Neville, 11, are both training with the Blues youth set-up rather than following in their fathers' own footsteps with the Reds.

It is unclear why striker van Persie, who cost United £24m and Neville, who spent 10 years there as a player after coming through the youth ranks and has returned as a coach, have decided to point their children in the direction of the Reds' cross-town rivals.

Both boys are said to be talented and two years ago van Persie's former club Arsenal were said to be interested in snapping up Shaqueel.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sons-manchester-united-pair-robin-6837772

I think you missed the point Mustang

Maybe the point was not worth finding whistling.gif

BT biggrin.png

I thought it was so obvious, it didn't need to be looked for. smile.png

You lot go on and on and on and on and on about your youth system being the best thing since sliced bread and Citys being garbage, yet your own players send their kids to our academy. Kinda strange don't ya think BT whistling.gif

• Like 1

it's obvious isn't it? They know the Arab playboy pays twice as much as other clubs, so they want their kids to get the most money best start in their footballing careers.

More like a collection of swan dives and cannonballs off a sinking scow.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

it's obvious isn't it? They know the Arab playboy pays twice as much as other clubs, so they want their kids to get the most money best start in their footballing careers.

no, it's the proven youth system and approach that gives talented young players a chance in the city first team. if you're good enough you're old enough. why their side is replete with young wonderkids who have battled their way up through the levels to get their first team break.

any young player should take a look at scott sinclair or jack rodwell and run a mile from city. (this applies to chelsea as well by the way before city fans get all persecution complex).

• Like 1

no, it's the proven youth system and approach that gives talented young players a chance in the city first team. if you're good enough you're old enough. why their side is replete with young wonderkids who have battled their way up through the levels to get their first team break.

any young player should take a look at scott sinclair or jack rodwell and run a mile from city. (this applies to chelsea as well by the way before city fans get all persecution complex).

Fair point.

Rare for Chelsea home-grown to make first team.

Plenty out on loan, and may return?

Dunno.

Just because the youth don't make it into the first team, doesn't make it a bad academy. At teams like City and Chelsea I would guess the academy is better than Grimsby Town, but a player would have more chance being a first teamer for Grimsby.

Fair point.

Rare for Chelsea home-grown to make first team.

Plenty out on loan, and may return?

Dunno.

Isn't the last Chelsea youth player to have any kind of career there John Terry?