Manchester City

mrbojangles

He's not exactly George Best though is he.

Ivanovic let Suarez off. Doubt if Joe Hart will forget George Boyd.

Hart came out after the game and said that Boyd DIDNT spit on him.

Maybe he didnt realise it, as it looked like a gob to me. Or maybe the video can lie. In slow motion its possible that he was speaking and some spittle came out at the same time? It did look as though he was in the throes of speaking.

A mini rant from a Yank without many years of experience watching the EPL on the telly:

Are the commentators ostensibly supposed to be impartial ? The inarticulate gobshite doing the color commentary for the City vs. Fulham match was clearly rooting for Fulham. Clearly one of the "all England players, no ferreners please" types. I understand the notion that those who hail from the UK would like to see more born and bred lads on the pitch. But to wear that bias on your sleeve while the broadcast is being aired globally seems unprofessional and embarrassingly provincial. Don't they have enough commentators without the obvious prejudices and who can actually speak the <deleted> language ?

Though I hate the expression, "just sayin".smile.png

• Like 2

A mini rant from a Yank without many years of experience watching the EPL on the telly:

Are the commentators ostensibly supposed to be impartial ? The inarticulate gobshite doing the color commentary for the City vs. Fulham match was clearly rooting for Fulham. Clearly one of the "all England players, no ferreners please" types. I understand the notion that those who hail from the UK would like to see more born and bred lads on the pitch. But to wear that bias on your sleeve while the broadcast is being aired globally seems unprofessional and embarrassingly provincial. Don't they have enough commentators without the obvious prejudices and who can actually speak the <deleted> language ?

Though I hate the expression, "just sayin".smile.png

It was BT Sport Commentators what do you expect !

Sky more Neutral Commentators. biggrin.png

BT smile.png

Not sure I've grasped your point properly jelly.

Fulham have plenty of non UK players?

Not a hard point to grasp I wouldn't think, though if you had listened to the gobshite in question I grant it would be easier. You don't have to have much of an imagination to know what I'm talking about.

And, I'll add his comments about City not getting out of second gear in the first period and allusions to their being less than on top of their game. It's not so simple to shift into third and fourth when you've got a parked bus in front of you. Takes a while to break those &lt;deleted&gt; down.

The bad news is that I'll miss it (and the Arsenal game) because I'm on a plane.

The good news is that I'm on a plane to Thailand.

w00t.gif

always assumed you were already over here man?

See post above Stevie.

Big fan of Putin is chicog.

cheesy.gif

On needles and pins for tonight's match. I would have preferred RVP on the pitch with Mata and Rooney at sea.

Thank Jesus that Kompany is back for this one.

How did Navas manage that? wink.png

Speedy ? I ain't got a good one for that'n Ups.wink.png

The bad news is that I'll miss it (and the Arsenal game) because I'm on a plane.

w00t.gif

Emirates or Etihad?

w00t.gif

Or Aeroflot, and a Chevrolet minivan from BKK.thumbsup.gif

Qatar at the pointy end.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

w00t.gif

Emirates or Etihad?

w00t.gif

Qatar at the pointy end.

thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

You won't be influencing the pilot though chic... hopefully.

smile.png

w00t.gif

Emirates or Etihad?

w00t.gif

Qatar at the pointy end.

thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

You won't be influencing the pilot though chic... hopefully.

smile.png

Only if he she takes the curlers out first. biggrin.png

• Like 1

w00t.gif

Not often enough Stevie!

ah fair dos. you're often active in the chiang mai forum though? that where you live or stay when over? or just from a past life?

w00t.gif

Not often enough Stevie!

ah fair dos. you're often active in the chiang mai forum though? that where you live or stay when over? or just from a past life?

She's an old Loi Krohore?