Manchester City

mrbojangles

ah fair dos. you're often active in the chiang mai forum though? that where you live or stay when over? or just from a past life?

Yeah been going there for years. I might actually retire there if it isn't a province of China by then,

tongue.png

• Like 1

ah fair dos. you're often active in the chiang mai forum though? that where you live or stay when over? or just from a past life?

Yeah been going there for years. I might actually retire there if it isn't a province of China by then,

tongue.png

people's republic of lanna mate. it's on its way.

Love to know the difference between the foul by Fernandhino and that last one by Rooney???

Anyway, City need to show a bit more urgency with their passing. Too careless and arrogant. I know we are the better side but we need to push on. United are there for the taking.. Seems like we are trying to win with the minimum of fuss instead of going for the jugular.

Love to know the difference between the foul by Fernandhino and that last one by Rooney???

Anyway, City need to show a bit more urgency with their passing. Too careless and arrogant. I know we are the better side but we need to push on. United are there for the taking.. Seems like we are trying to win with the minimum of fuss instead of going for the jugular.

yeah I know what you mean jack. We seem to be content with a one goal lead and have dropped back into 2nd

And Fellaini should have gone for that elbow. Welbeck on Zabba was bladdy iffy as well

yeah I know what you mean jack. We seem to be content with a one goal lead and have dropped back into 2nd

And Fellaini should have gone for that elbow. Welbeck on Zabba was bladdy iffy as well

I would give Welbeck the benefit of the doubt, but you are right, that was a deliberate elbow by Fellaini. Right in front of the ref too.

I'll try to catch the replay today. Those 2AM-3AM starts are tough on the old man. Opened up the internet this morning with bated breath and relieved to see that City was firing away, and United had fallen back to their default setting.clap2.gif

• Like 1

I'll try to catch the replay today. Those 2AM-3AM starts are tough on the old man. Opened up the internet this morning with bated breath and relieved to see that City was firing away, and United had fallen back to their default setting.clap2.gif

Well it was all rather easy really. City didn't have to get out of second gear and as per usual Moyes ceded the midfield in another hopeless tactical display. I didn't think United would get anything out of this but just how far they have regressed under Moyes is astonishing. The Bayern game could be a humiliation.

Well it was all rather easy really. City didn't have to get out of second gear and as per usual Moyes ceded the midfield in another hopeless tactical display. I didn't think United would get anything out of this but just how far they have regressed under Moyes is astonishing. The Bayern game could be a humiliation.

Would agree with that. The aggregate could be hugely embarrassing, and a possible nail in Moyes' coffin. Despite the fact there are some very good clubs left in the CL, IMO Bayern is in a different class. Big, tall, strong, intelligent, mobile and pacey, with arguably the best manager in the world.

Would agree with that. The aggregate could be hugely embarrassing, and a possible nail in Moyes' coffin. Despite the fact there are some very good clubs left in the CL, IMO Bayern is in a different class. Big, tall, strong, intelligent, mobile and pacey, with arguably the best manager in the world.

Guardiola's clearly very good with a great vision of the game but he does rather like inheriting the best team in the world, and just fine tuning a side that someone else has put together! Oh yes and not only inherit the best team but then be allowed to spend a bundle on them too.

I'd love to see how good he'd have been managing Cardiff this season. Then we'd know how good he really is.

• Like 2

Guardiola's clearly very good with a great vision of the game but he does rather like inheriting the best team in the world, and just fine tuning a side that someone else has put together! Oh yes and not only inherit the best team but then be allowed to spend a bundle on them too.

I'd love to see how good he'd have been managing Cardiff this season. Then we'd know how good he really is.

Points made Carmine about Bayern, but Barca finished third in La Liga just prior to Pep taking the reins and had been in a bit of decline following the zenith of Dinho and Deco's party days. All that was quickly history when Pep put his stamp on the team.

Nice one Zabba. From an interview printed in the Manchester Evening News.

“I said during the week that we have had very good results at Old Trafford recently – last night was another one,” he said. “It’s great that we always enjoy ourselves when we come to their stadium, especially as we know how difficult it is to win here. biggrin.png

Some belting headlines today. Here's a few:-

The Express: After Manchester City completed their second skewering of the battered soul of David Moyes, their horizons once again extended far beyond the battleground of cross-town rivalry. It felt so good up in the stands, where the cavorting visiting fans taunted the rapidly-emptying Stretford End by chanting: “Is there a fire drill.” laugh.png

The Star:
The derby took place in Manchester last night but only one horse was running. This was a race between a thorough-bred and a donkey set for the knackers yard and it wasn’t hard to work out which was which.

The Mail : City are on course to overtake Chelsea at the top if they win their outstanding fixtures and, sadly, Moyes’s six-year contract now looks one of the most overplayed hands in football history.

The Times: The speed with which City struck at Old Trafford last night called to mind a heavyweight boxing champion coming out punching and catching an unworthy opponent right on the glass jaw.

The Telegraph: The scoreline lies. It could have been four. It could have been more. Manchester United were that poor. Manchester City were that good, a class apart. The only proximity between City and United was in postcodes but the distance grows.

The Star: The derby took place in Manchester last night but only one horse was running. This was a race between a thorough-bred and a donkey set for the knackers yard and it wasn’t hard to work out which was which.

thumbsup.gif

Aunty Maureen

Some belting headlines today. Here's a few:-

The Express: After Manchester City completed their second skewering of the battered soul of David Moyes, their horizons once again extended far beyond the battleground of cross-town rivalry. It felt so good up in the stands, where the cavorting visiting fans taunted the rapidly-emptying Stretford End by chanting: “Is there a fire drill.” laugh.png

The Star: The derby took place in Manchester last night but only one horse was running. This was a race between a thorough-bred and a donkey set for the knackers yard and it wasn’t hard to work out which was which.

The Mail : City are on course to overtake Chelsea at the top if they win their outstanding fixtures and, sadly, Moyes’s six-year contract now looks one of the most overplayed hands in football history.

The Times: The speed with which City struck at Old Trafford last night called to mind a heavyweight boxing champion coming out punching and catching an unworthy opponent right on the glass jaw.

The Telegraph: The scoreline lies. It could have been four. It could have been more. Manchester United were that poor. Manchester City were that good, a class apart. The only proximity between City and United was in postcodes but the distance grows.

You must like this from The Mail, Mr. B

Moyes: "We aspire to be like City!"

The words no United manager should ever say, as he takes the blame for failures at Old Trafford.