Manchester City

mrbojangles

A wonderful season capped off by the title. Not always the easiest thing to do when pretty much everyone has you as the odds on favorite.

What I was most impressed with were the comments by multiple players about building a club that can be capable of winning more trophies and titles in the future. Kompany and Zabaleta in particular. They are both great leaders, articulate, and I'm sure inspire respect and commitment in the locker room. Add in Pellegrini, who seems the perfect fit for this group of players... and voila !clap2.gif

It was good to see Jack Rodwell on the field at the end.

Wondered what he had been doing recently........................... Now I know he has been eating all the pies!!!!!!

The performance was not what I was expecting after years of being a City fan..... no blips or heart stopping momentsohmy.png

But glad to win one of the most open premierships in yearssmile.png

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini tells Match of the Day's Gary Lineker he is "very proud" to win the "strongest league in the world"

Number of Points separating Top 6.

EPL. 17

French League. 29

Spanish League. 30

German League. 35

Well done.

A wonderful season capped off by the title. Not always the easiest thing to do when pretty much everyone has you as the odds on favorite.

What I was most impressed with were the comments by multiple players about building a club that can be capable of winning more trophies and titles in the future. Kompany and Zabaleta in particular. They are both great leaders, articulate, and I'm sure inspire respect and commitment in the locker room. Add in Pellegrini, who seems the perfect fit for this group of players... and voila !clap2.gif

Not a couple of weeks ago.wink.png

Not a couple of weeks ago.wink.png

Doubting cynics ! I knew we'd win it all along.whistling.gif

• Like 1

*Congrats to likkle cidy much rather your lot than those mickeys.

*Have you sorted out the FFP yet? you know those sanctions an all that for losing more money than your allowed to!

Anyway well done ...at least a few bitters will be bagging it around for a few weeks.

thumbsup.gif

Someone didn't want to watch the celebrationsbiggrin.png

Top lad Giggsy, true red, through and through... ;)

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Rumors floating about In Argentina that Demichelis could be called to the 30 man provisional WC squad.

Blimey. I don't want to knock Demichelis too much here cos he ended up doing a decent job for us towards the end of the season but I do think Argentina must be short of players to have to pick him.

Rumors floating about In Argentina that Demichelis could be called to the 30 man provisional WC squad.

Blimey. I don't want to knock Demichelis too much here cos he ended up doing a decent job for us towards the end of the season but I do think Argentina must be short of players to have to pick him.

A rumor only MrB. Defense is not Argentina's forte.thumbsup.gif Outside of Mascherano, Zabba and Garay everybody else is iffy.

A rumor only MrB. Defense is not Argentina's forte.thumbsup.gif Outside of Mascherano, Zabba and Garay everybody else is iffy.

Not sure where you have been for the last four years JD, Maradona is not manager anymore and their defensive record over the qualifiers is actually decent. (less than a goal per game conceded). Only Uruguay and Paraguay managed to put more than 1 past them....and they beat the Paraguayans 5-2.

Good bet for the WC to be honest with a solid defence and an attack that could be anything!

I follow the Argentina NT closely and have for years. Yes, their defense did pretty well during the qualifiers but still suspect in my view. Sabella has done a great job of having them play as a unit. He is a very good manager. The keeper situation at present is a big question as Romero, who played well throughout the qualifiers, has been second best at Monaco and his form has suffered. I could go on....I support the Argentina NT.

Yes, I am aware that Diego is no longer there.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Where does "suspect" come from? SA qualifiers are about as tough as they come....I sometimes wish Euro qualifiers were run in the same fashion, rather than one or two seeded teams having a pretty much free run in each group! Fact is the defence was sound and dealt with everything thrown at it...apart from maybe Suarez/Cavani in Montevideo.

Make your mind up. " Sabella has done a great job of having them play as a unit" is totally at odds with your previous comment! The fact that the gk isn't #1 for a French moneybags team reflects neither on his ability, nor on the defensive unit in front of him.

Where does "suspect" come from? SA qualifiers are about as tough as they come....I sometimes wish Euro qualifiers were run in the same fashion, rather than one or two seeded teams having a pretty much free run in each group! Fact is the defence was sound and dealt with everything thrown at it...apart from maybe Suarez/Cavani in Montevideo.

Make your mind up. " Sabella has done a great job of having them play as a unit" is totally at odds with your previous comment! The fact that the gk isn't #1 for a French moneybags team reflects neither on his ability, nor on the defensive unit in front of him.

You obviously follow them much closer than I do. Have at it.

• Like 1

Already on at sevens....doubled up with Higuain (better odds) and Aguero (bound to get hurt) as top scorer......not in Thailand though obviously Chicogthumbsup.gif

It occurred to me this morning that the reason I'm more negative than some about Argentina's chances is because I support them. Similar to the many negative comments about England made on this forum.

Demichelis made the squad of 30 and I'll bet he'll stick and go to Brazil. I don't think Sabella would call a veteran to come down to Argentina if he was only there as training cannon fodder. We'll see.thumbsup.gif

Already on at sevens....doubled up with Higuain (better odds) and Aguero (bound to get hurt) as top scorer......not in Thailand though obviously Chicogthumbsup.gif

It occurred to me this morning that the reason I'm more negative than some about Argentina's chances is because I support them. Similar to the many negative comments about England made on this forum.

Demichelis made the squad of 30 and I'll bet he'll stick and go to Brazil. I don't think Sabella would call a veteran to come down to Argentina if he was only there as training cannon fodder. We'll see.thumbsup.gif

I think with Demichelis it took him time to adapt to the Premiership.

You cannot underestimate experience. He has been there and done that. Priceless in a football squad, especially one with a chance of winning, as you need calm and clear heads.

Look at the difference with City. This year, at the end, handled the pressure and the last couple of games were professional and workmanlike. Because they had been in an identical situation 2 years previous.

Demichelis has grown on me. I think the World Cup, certainly being played at a slower pace than the premiership, will suit him and his experience will be invaluable.

I think with Demichelis it took him time to adapt to the Premiership.

You cannot underestimate experience. He has been there and done that. Priceless in a football squad, especially one with a chance of winning, as you need calm and clear heads.

Look at the difference with City. This year, at the end, handled the pressure and the last couple of games were professional and workmanlike. Because they had been in an identical situation 2 years previous.

Demichelis has grown on me. I think the World Cup, certainly being played at a slower pace than the premiership, will suit him and his experience will be invaluable.

You could be right jack and I think all of us City fans were of the same opinion about Demechelis at the start of the season. But as I said above, as the season was coming to an end he started to do a good job and got man of the match etc.

However, even with the heat and the slower pace that the game may be played, I feel he may be found wanting when up against the worlds best. Due to his experience he's not a bad option to have on the bench I suppose.