Manchester City

mrbojangles

Sadly I am not allowed to discuss the reasons why Man City spending is noxious, apparently it doesn't belong in the Man City thread.

;)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why don't you look in the music forum Chicog. I'm sure you'll find plenty of other broken records in there. Don't know why you are so against starting a separate topic on the whole subject you wish to discuss, as it isn't just about City. Are you scared that you'd be talking to yourself maybe?

• Like 1

Why don't you look in the music forum Chicog. I'm sure you'll find plenty of other broken records in there. Don't know why you are so against starting a separate topic on the whole subject you wish to discuss, as it isn't just about City. Are you scared that you'd be talking to yourself maybe?

Because it belongs in here. Still, the master has spoken, so I'll leave it. Unless you can think of another team that's owned by a sheikh who also uses an airline that they own to funnel in extra cash and get around FFP?

Please feel free to name them.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Chicog

Because it belongs in here. Still, the master has spoken, so I'll leave it. Unless you can think of another team that's owned by a sheikh who also uses an airline that they own to funnel in extra cash and get around FFP?

thumbsup.gif

Chicog, you know very well where you would like to take the discussion, as you have brought them up before. The City thread is not the right place to talk about how the middle east treat their people and how they spend their wealth etc and quite frankly, the politics don't belong in the footy forum at all.

However, if you only want to discuss the bit I have highlighted in your post above, feel free. But if you start to try and derail the topic, to take it on a political path about human rights, dictatorships etc etc I'll remove the posts.

thumbsup.gif

Chicog, you know very well where you would like to take the discussion, as you have brought them up before. The City thread is not the right place to talk about how the middle east treat their people and how they spend their wealth etc and quite frankly, the politics don't belong in the footy forum at all.

However, if you only want to discuss the bit I have highlighted in your post above, feel free. But if you start to try and derail the topic, to take it on a political path about human rights, dictatorships etc etc I'll remove the posts.

You are the one that said "it isn't just about City".

Well I'm afraid it is.

You could have simply answered "There isn't one" and I'm happy to drop it under your conditions.

Not rocket science, is it?

Just for info, Manchester Dhabi have effectively signed a 31-year-old defender on a three year contract that will end up costing them 20m +.

Overpaying?

I think so.

Good luck to him though, who'd say no to that at the end of their career?

Edited by Chicog

Just for info, Manchester Dhabi have effectively signed a 31-year-old defender on a three year contract that will end up costing them 20m +.

Overpaying?

I think so.

Good luck to him though, who'd say no to that at the end of their career?

clap2.gif

Better go Economy then chicog instead of at the pointy end when you fly Qatar Airlines. smile.png

You won't change capitalist market economy through football, or on a football forum. smile.png

Fact is, my Khmer Rovers team will do nothing without a serious injection of cash, wonga, folding, Chinese RMB or whatever they use in the Middle East. smile.png

Enjoy the World Cup Football.

wink.png

In fairness, I didn't bring up the subject of money this time. But every time you overpay for players, the same criticism applies.

So in future, if the subject comes up, I will just say "Well we all know why".

biggrin.png

In fairness, I didn't bring up the subject of money this time. But every time you overpay for players, the same criticism applies.

So in future, if the subject comes up, I will just say "Well we all know why".

biggrin.png

True.

It was a UNITED fan with an axe.

smile.png

I wonder how much van Gaal has got to work with this window.

Sagna on the bench for France.....Nice of Deschamps to help him acclimatise to life at Man Citybiggrin.png

On a more serious note.You can see why the French don't need Nasri, Valbuena is a great little player!

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

Sagna on the bench for France.....Nice of Deschamps to help him acclimatise to life at Man Citybiggrin.png

I think he'll get a lot of game time to be honest Wilai. It's the area we were short in depth and quality and I can't see Pellegrini signing a bench warmer for that spot. Even if we did get him on a free and Arsenal are seething cos they got zilch, nada, zip for him laugh.png

I think he'll get a lot of game time to be honest Wilai. It's the area we were short in depth and quality and I can't see Pellegrini signing a bench warmer for that spot. Even if we did get him on a free and Arsenal are seething cos they got zilch, nada, zip for him laugh.png

Was joking BJ...but not sure I agree with you about "short in quality"...... For me , Zabaleta is one of the best RB's in the world and at 29, still got a few years left. Also got Micah (when he is fit!)

Was joking BJ...but not sure I agree with you about "short in quality"...... For me , Zabaleta is one of the best RB's in the world and at 29, still got a few years left. Also got Micah (when he is fit!)

Yeah I know you were tongue in cheek Wilai biggrin.png

You are right of course about Zabaletta but as we saw last year when Zabba and Kompany were injured, we were left wanting. From what I've seen, Sagna is quite versatile so to me, it gives us some much needed depth for a couple of positions he can play in.

And rumour has it that Liverpool are after Micah

For fear of sounding like a troll, are you lot on the City thread watching the chave transfer activity....the FA will be having to give them a "paid for" receipt for the premier league next season before a ball has been kicked.

For fear of sounding like a troll, are you lot on the City thread watching the chave transfer activity....the FA will be having to give them a "paid for" receipt for the premier league next season before a ball has been kicked.

Bear in mind carmine, some very big names already gone or ready to go out the window.

Sorry to be a bore; FFP compliance being adhered to.

Yes. I know you think it's all a fiddle.

Bear in mind carmine, some very big names already gone or ready to go out the window.

Sorry to be a bore; FFP compliance being adhered to.

Yes. I know you think it's all a fiddle.

to be fair Chelsea have just recouped around 80m. But FFP is an absolute loads of cods, you are right.

Yep. Guardiola's not thinking about bean counters when he's facing Ancelotti at the Bernebau.

Levy will be though.

Oy vey.

facepalm.gif

Try commenting on football rather than trolling and if i might say so its become dull and boring

Yep. Guardiola's not thinking about bean counters when he's facing Ancelotti at the Bernebau.

Levy will be though.

Oy vey.

facepalm.gif

Try commenting on football rather than trolling and if i might say so its become dull and boring

Fair play.

Just doing what everybody else does.

Don't dish it if you can't take it seems to be the motto.

facepalm.gif