Manchester City

mrbojangles

wai2.gif

I think it's probably fair to say that the only people wishing to discuss FFP on the City thread are people with an axe to grind.

UEFA have penalised City for what they see as a breach.

City are complying with FFP going forward.

The whole FFP thing is a very grey area anyway.

I stuck my nose in from Chelsea because similar axes frequently get wielded against us.

( Chelsea complying with no penalties btw.)

"I think it's probably fair to say that the only people wishing to discuss FFP on the City thread are people with an axe to grind."

No axe to grind but it just seems strange that something that DOES affect City and ONLY City, at this time, should not be discussed on the City forum. You say FFP is a 'grey area'? Were not City fined, wage capped and ordered to reduce their squad size for UEFA games? What is a grey area about that?

But no problem, if this is a forum where only good news can be discussed O.K. you can get on with it. Maybe you should get General Prayuth to make a decree that only "happy,happy" talk can be used on this thread.

Who is Your team?

smile.png

"Who is Your team?"

No problems for Derby with FFP, but if QPR do not get fined the tens of millions that they are due I suppose that will change now:-

Derby County fan buys into club after making £500m in Candy Crush investment
  • Mel Morris from Derby wanted to 'invest in and support the club's promotion ambitions'
  • Businessman made about half a billion pounds by investing in mobile app Candy Crush

So we shall see, if FFP is enforced no problem, if not, spend, spend, spend.

wai2.gif

I think it's probably fair to say that the only people wishing to discuss FFP on the City thread are people with an axe to grind.

UEFA have penalised City for what they see as a breach.

City are complying with FFP going forward.

The whole FFP thing is a very grey area anyway.

I stuck my nose in from Chelsea because similar axes frequently get wielded against us.

( Chelsea complying with no penalties btw.)

"I think it's probably fair to say that the only people wishing to discuss FFP on the City thread are people with an axe to grind."

No axe to grind but it just seems strange that something that DOES affect City and ONLY City, at this time, should not be discussed on the City forum. You say FFP is a 'grey area'? Were not City fined, wage capped and ordered to reduce their squad size for UEFA games? What is a grey area about that?

But no problem, if this is a forum where only good news can be discussed O.K. you can get on with it. Maybe you should get General Prayuth to make a decree that only "happy,happy" talk can be used on this thread.

Who is Your team?

smile.png

"Who is Your team?"

No problems for Derby with FFP, but if QPR do not get fined the tens of millions that they are due I suppose that will change now:-

• Mel Morris from Derby wanted to 'invest in and support the club's promotion ambitions'
  • Businessman made about half a billion pounds by investing in mobile app Candy Crush

You have a grievance then, with QPR getting into the Prem at your expense?

Not City's problem.

Who is Your team?

smile.png

"Who is Your team?"

Not City's problem.

"

Not City's problem."

Yes, now well off-topic and time to stop, but I have to say that I have no grievance with QPR about them being in the Premier league, they won and we lost, end of. Best to leave it now as this is the City thread.

• Like 1

Look boys the Manchester Dhabi fans don't like it when you point out how their success is bought and paid for, so let's stop baiting them eh.

We all know where it comes from.

biggrin.png

Chicog I guarantee for you that there's no City fan who doesn't appreciate that our recent success is derived fro Sheik Mansours generosity. Happy now? Can we FInally Move on?

Sagna on the bench for France.....Nice of Deschamps to help him acclimatise to life at Man City:D

Sagna started for France tonight Wilai. Just saying tongue.png

I know...Deschamps was giving the stiffs a run outsmile.png

Having said that, I think he is better than Debuchy and might have done enough to cement his place from what I saw...(was mainly watching the Swiss game and my boy Shaquiri....21 points for my fantasy team)thumbsup.gifwhistling.gif

PS...my comment was for the previous game mate (check posting date)...just sayingwink.png

Edited by wilai

Who’s leading the summer recruitment so far?

Got to be Chelsea with the very useful signing of Fabregas, and they can only be stronger from getting rid of the clown Luiz.

Liverpool’s loss of Suarez is going to hurt them real bad unless he can successfully appeal his ban.

Big spender so far is not surprisingly Man U.

Have I missed any major IN or OUT below?

ARSENAL

IN: -

OUT: Sagna

CHELSEA –

IN: Biggest British signing so far: Chelsea's reported £30m signing of Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

OUT: David Luiz [Chelsea - Paris St-Germain] £40m (reported)

LIVERPOOL -

IN: Rickie Lambert [southampton - Liverpool] £4m

OUT: -

MAN CITY –

IN: Fernando [Porto - Manchester City] In region of £12m; Bacary Sagna [Arsenal - Manchester City] Free

OUT: Joleon Lescott [Manchester City - West Brom] Free; Costel Pantilimon [Manchester City - Sunderland] Free

MAN U –

IN: Luke Shaw [southampton - Manchester United] £27m (rising to £31m depending on success); Ander Herrera [Athletic Bilbao - Manchester United] £29m

OUT: Alexander Buttner [Manchester United - Dynamo Moscow] £4.4m (initial)

Edited by Bredbury Blue

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I've always thunk players should be on lower wages and get bonuses for winning. Looks like doing this will also conform to FFP.

Manchester City star Samir Nasri to take a huge pay cut at the Etihad

Nasri will earn less basic but will pocket more with bonuses.

The former Arsenal star is on £160k-a-week at the Premier League champions but will take a drop to secure a new four-year deal.

City have been moving towards a lower salary scale - but will compensate the squad with huge bonuses for success.

And Nasri, 27, is confident City will continue to be successful.

Bonus schemes aren’t factored into UEFA’s Financial Fair Play system, either, as they aren’t guaranteed.

Meanwhile, Sergio Aguero has put his World Cup injury nightmare behind him to focus on winning more trophies when he gets back to Manchester City.

The Argentina striker has struggled with a thigh muscle injury in Brazil.

But he said: “ I will be back even stronger to win more trophies.”

Interesting. I've always thunk players should be on lower wages and get bonuses for winning. Looks like doing this will also conform to FFP.

The former Arsenal star is on £160k-a-week at the Premier League champions but will take a drop to secure a new four-year deal.

City have been moving towards a lower salary scale - but will compensate the squad with huge bonuses for success.

Bonus schemes aren’t factored into UEFA’s Financial Fair Play system, either, as they aren’t guaranteed.

Meanwhile, Sergio Aguero has put his World Cup injury nightmare behind him to focus on winning more trophies when he gets back to Manchester City.

LFC now using the same strategy regarding bonuses (LS excepted of course...tho' we don't need to worry about that anymore)smile.png

True.

Loophole round FFP.

Payment on results.

Sensible approach.

LFC now using the same strategy regarding bonuses (LS excepted of course...tho' we don't need to worry about that anymore)smile.png

Interesting. You could award such bonuses for "avoiding relegation" or "winning a local derby".

tongue.png

Not that FFP seems to matter that much, but did they think it through?

Nice little unexpected bonus from Everton.

Manchester City Set For £2m Bonus From Gareth Barry Deal

Manchester City will net a tidy sum if Gareth Barry signs for Everton – despite the midfielder having been released by Manuel Pellegrini.

Manchester City are set to pocket a £2 million bonus windfall as Gareth Barry’s permanent move to Everton edges closer, according to the Mail, despite the former Aston Villa midfielder having been released by the club.

Despite Barry nominally being available on a free transfer as he is no longer under contract at the City of Manchester stadium, his loan move to Everton last season is believed to have included a clause that guarantees payments for City if Barry moves to Goodison Park on a permanent basis.

The payments are believed to be based around the length of Barry’s potential contract at Everton, with a three-year deal at Goodison Park set to earn the club £2m – whilst just a one-year deal for Barry would net them a cool £1m.

Barry was a fine addition to the Everton midfield by Roberto Martinez last season and the Toffees are likely to feel that it is worth the fee payable to City, but it is likely to stick in the throat somewhat that they are shelling for a player available to anyone else on a free transfer.

• Like 1

Nice little unexpected bonus from Everton.

Manchester City Set For £2m Bonus From Gareth Barry Deal

Manchester City will net a tidy sum if Gareth Barry signs for Everton – despite the midfielder having been released by Manuel Pellegrini.

Manchester City are set to pocket a £2 million bonus windfall as Gareth Barry’s permanent move to Everton edges closer, according to the Mail, despite the former Aston Villa midfielder having been released by the club.

Despite Barry nominally being available on a free transfer as he is no longer under contract at the City of Manchester stadium, his loan move to Everton last season is believed to have included a clause that guarantees payments for City if Barry moves to Goodison Park on a permanent basis.

The payments are believed to be based around the length of Barry’s potential contract at Everton, with a three-year deal at Goodison Park set to earn the club £2m – whilst just a one-year deal for Barry would net them a cool £1m.

Barry was a fine addition to the Everton midfield by Roberto Martinez last season and the Toffees are likely to feel that it is worth the fee payable to City, but it is likely to stick in the throat somewhat that they are shelling for a player available to anyone else on a free transfer.

You'd think for 2m they'd do a "Clive Allen".

Samir Nasri has signed a new five-year contract with Manchester City - as Mirror Sport told you earlier.

The 27-year-old has been rewarded for an excellent season with a new deal, which ties him to City until 2019 and will see him pocket £175,000-a-week.

"I'm really happy to have signed this contract and to have committed my future with City," he told the club's official website.

"It's exactly what I wanted when I joined this club and I am very happy that I found an agreement and I hope that we can continue to win titles.

"I'm 27 now and if you listen to some of the best managers in the game, they say that a midfield player's best years are between 27 and 30 so I hope that I will give my best years to City."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-confirm-samir-nasris-3840365?

Yaya's annoying agent:

"I agree with Jose Mourinho when he said that the Player of the Year should come from the team that wins the title. I have very much respect for Suarez and Gerrard, but what Yaya did from midfield, not often a player can do this."Who was the best team this year? Manchester City? Who was their best player? Toure. Gerrard is really good but Liverpool finished second in the league and Yaya is third (in the FWA vote)."

Manchester City? Who was their best player? Toure. My brother's and I had an argument about who was City's best player last season. We agreed there wasn't a stand out player like Zaba the previous season. My younger brother thought it was Yaya, I thought it was Silva (Yaya only plays when it suits him), older brother sat on the fence. What did you blues think?

Yaya's annoying agent:

"I agree with Jose Mourinho when he said that the Player of the Year should come from the team that wins the title. I have very much respect for Suarez and Gerrard, but what Yaya did from midfield, not often a player can do this."Who was the best team this year? Manchester City? Who was their best player? Toure. Gerrard is really good but Liverpool finished second in the league and Yaya is third (in the FWA vote)."

Manchester City? Who was their best player? Toure. My brother's and I had an argument about who was City's best player last season. We agreed there wasn't a stand out player like Zaba the previous season. My younger brother thought it was Yaya, I thought it was Silva (Yaya only plays when it suits him), older brother sat on the fence. What did you blues think?

Toure without question for me. I love Silva but Toure was a cut above.

Toure's agent though is a bag of shit.