Manchester City

mrbojangles

That's the second set of really crappy football kit pictures I've seen this week - talking about the photographic preparation and technique. Obviously clubs are saving money in the non-essential areas to cope with FFPtongue.png

And .. why don't clubs insist on players wearing football shoes that are colour-coordinated with the kit (at least for off-field publicity)? Makes the whole thing look like a dog's breakfast.

• Like 1

I don't think any fake supporters will be buying this.

City new away kit revealed. Absolutely awful and although the new home shirt has grown on me a tad, it ain't grown 55 quids worth on me. So thumbs down to Nike this year but at least I've saved 100 quid.

attachicon.gifBta2soaIEAEAC0v.jpg

My son instantly likes it from today's pictures, whereas I'd like to see it up close first. Loved last seasons away white kit with the vertical stripes...very classy.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Agree last years was nice

I spotted yer a fashionista....what does lil miss bojangles think of the new strip?

Her and the Mrs are already on holiday smokes. They've left me alone for 5 weeks biggrin.png

• Like 1

I don't think any fake supporters will be buying this.

City new away kit revealed. Absolutely awful and although the new home shirt has grown on me a tad, it ain't grown 55 quids worth on me. So thumbs down to Nike this year but at least I've saved 100 quid.

attachicon.gifBta2soaIEAEAC0v.jpg

My son instantly likes it from today's pictures, whereas I'd like to see it up close first. Loved last seasons away white kit with the vertical stripes...very classy.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Agree last years was nice

Think it appeals to the kids...and my son doesn't know anything about City's traditions like you and me.

Actually I'm colour blind (once thought Coventry's chocolate brown away kit was maroon), so I favour bright colours, which is why I really hated our recent black and grey halves shirt...so dull.

That's the second set of really crappy football kit pictures I've seen this week - talking about the photographic preparation and technique. Obviously clubs are saving money in the non-essential areas to cope with FFPtongue.png

And .. why don't clubs insist on players wearing football shoes that are colour-coordinated with the kit (at least for off-field publicity)? Makes the whole thing look like a dog's breakfast.

At's another thing I like about football compared to USA sports. Wear the color footwear you want to wear rather than be forced to all wear the same thing. coffee1.gif

I'm not sure pink boots are right though. facepalm.gif

Drogba and Negredo can probably get away with it though.

The way most footballers ponce around on the pitch they would all get away with pink

I saw a game recently, a top level game too, where they used a pink football. facepalm.gif

That definitely isn't right. Can't remember what game it was, but very difficult to take seriously.

Was it Everton who had Pink shirts a few years back?

Or was it di Canio's Sunderland?

( UNITED's grey strip didn't work though. Something to do with visual acuity and spotting your team mate apparently. So pink shirts might not be such a bad idea. )

Everton first wore pink shirts in the late 1800's,so it's hardly something new!

I didn't say it was something new. We were on about the colour pink and I couldn't remember who it was who had the Pink shirt. However, saying that, if they hadn't worn it for over 100 years, I'd say it could be classed as something new. Either that, or they forgot the lesson learnt from over a 100 years ago!!

Everton first wore pink shirts in the late 1800's,so it's hardly something new!

I didn't say it was something new. We were on about the colour pink and I couldn't remember who it was who had the Pink shirt. However, saying that, if they hadn't worn it for over 100 years, I'd say it could be classed as something new. Either that, or they forgot the lesson learnt from over a 100 years ago!!

I know you didn't say that, I said it!

Everton wore a Salmon pink shirt the year they first won Div 1 1890? ,the Salmon pink shirt you are thinking of was brought out in 2010-11 I think to celebrate that first win 120 years before...It doesn't matter what colour shirts everton play in ,they will always be sh1twhistling.gif

Not football i know...but...I’m guessing some of you guys are Londoners or familiar with the place. I’m thinking of taking the family down there for a few days from Manchester when we’re over in October. We like the Premier Inn hotels as they have excellent family rooms and are generally good value.

I’m trying to decide between the two NEW Premier Inn’s below. Any thoughts you have on which you would choose and why, and in particular any of those two areas not particularly nice areas of London?

Premier Inn London Wandsworth, in Southside shopping centre near to King George’s Park. Located just 1 mile from East Putney Tube Station. Only 13 minutes walk from Wandsworth Town Rail Station. Clapham Junction train station 1.4 miles (25 minutes walk). The West End and Central London are less than 30 minutes away by Tube.

OR

Premier Inn Hendon on Edgeware Road in Hendon. Hendon Railway Station is 0.6 miles away, and from there London St Pancras can be reached in 18 minutes.

Cheers

Not football i know...but...I’m guessing some of you guys are Londoners or familiar with the place. I’m thinking of taking the family down there for a few days from Manchester when we’re over in October. We like the Premier Inn hotels as they have excellent family rooms and are generally good value.

I’m trying to decide between the two NEW Premier Inn’s below. Any thoughts you have on which you would choose and why, and in particular any of those two areas not particularly nice areas of London?

Premier Inn London Wandsworth, in Southside shopping centre near to King George’s Park. Located just 1 mile from East Putney Tube Station. Only 13 minutes walk from Wandsworth Town Rail Station. Clapham Junction train station 1.4 miles (25 minutes walk). The West End and Central London are less than 30 minutes away by Tube.

OR

Premier Inn Hendon on Edgeware Road in Hendon. Hendon Railway Station is 0.6 miles away, and from there London St Pancras can be reached in 18 minutes.

Cheers

I'd go Wandsworth BB. Hendon a bit suburban. Wandsworth close to all the action. WestEnd, shopping, restaurants.

Also you are about 5 minutes on the tube from Stamford Bridge. So you could fit in a stadium tour, and a meal at Frankies Diner or Marco's Grill. wink.png

I'd go Wandsworth BB. Putney, Barnes, River Thames, pub on the river. thumbsup.gif Missus will be happy. But if she's Thai, don't take her to the Blue Elephant on Fulham Broadway. smile.png

• Like 1

I would choose the one in Wandsworth....you can be easily in Central London in just a few minutes....forget the underground...get an Oyster card and use the bus to get in....cheap and a pleasant area.

Just be careful late evening....take a taxi back then.

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1

I would choose the one in Wandsworth....you can be easily in Central London in just a few minutes....forget the underground...get an Oyster card and use the bus to get in....cheap and a pleasant area.

Just be careful late evening....take a taxi back then.

Yep. Smokie ain't wrong BB. thumbsup.gif

Where's my fcking taxi.

Enjoy.

Stevan Jovetic2, Scott Sinclair, Jesus Navas and Kelechi Iheanacho.

City now face Liverpool on 30 July.

Manchester City: Caballero, Clichy, Kolarov (Richards 69), Boyata (Rekik 77), Nastasic, Fernando (Garcia 62), Zuculini (Rodwell 77), Navas (Leigh 77), Jovetic (Guidetti 69), Iheanacho (Huws 62), Sinclair.