Manchester City

mrbojangles

So UEFA have decided that the FFP fines imposed on City, PSG etc are going to be split amongst the other Champions League clubs

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9462570/champions-league-uefa-share-manchester-citys-huge-ffp-fine-among-other-elite-clubs

Wonder if Chicog is gonna request to Arsenal that they turn down the Sheikhs money laugh.png

I hope they do the decent thing and split it between the Clubs two charities, The Willow Foundation and Save the Children.

Not going to amount to much so it will do more good there I think.

So UEFA have decided that the FFP fines imposed on City, PSG etc are going to be split amongst the other Champions League clubs

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9462570/champions-league-uefa-share-manchester-citys-huge-ffp-fine-among-other-elite-clubs

Wonder if Chicog is gonna request to Arsenal that they turn down the Sheikhs money laugh.png

I hope they do the decent thing and split it between the Clubs two charities, The Willow Foundation and Save the Children.

Very magnanimous...sounds like you're mellowing Chicog.

Another nail in the coffin of fair play. Clearly these rules only apply to the likes of QPR, the bottomless pit of Middle Eastern oil money has ensured that the Man City's of this world can flout any concept of fair play, and the idea that all clubs in the Prem start on a level playing field is clearly a joke.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/uefa-rewrites-rules-to-allow-city-to-dodge-ffp-sanctions-9725033.html

Not really, I just don't want the club to take the Shaikh's filthy lucre.

tongue.png

Another nail in the coffin of fair play. Clearly these rules only apply to the likes of QPR, the bottomless pit of Middle Eastern oil money has ensured that the Man City's of this world can flout any concept of fair play, and the idea that all clubs in the Prem start on a level playing field is clearly a joke.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/uefa-rewrites-rules-to-allow-city-to-dodge-ffp-sanctions-9725033.html

So when was it that ALL Div1 (old) / Premier teams started on a level playing field? Some have always been wealthier which helps creatre success.

Anyway 2 things caught my eye in Herbert's hatchet job:

1. "By indicating that the governing body could be guilty of creating a restriction of movement for players with a more stringent regime. That could result in a complex legal action."

2. "City said on Wednesday night that they had complied fully with Uefas rules governing the composition of their squad." We don't make the rules, that's the idiots at EUFA.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

SHAME LIST

Premier League arrests in 2013-14

Manchester United 112

Manchester City 71

Arsenal 67

Sunderland 62

Liverpool 58

Chelsea 56

Newcastle United 50

Everton 47

Stoke City 47

Tottenham Hotspur 42

West Ham 37

Aston Villa 36

West Brom 31

Fulham 24

Hull City 21

Crystal Palace 19

Cardiff City 16

Southampton 14

Swansea City 9

Norwich City 4

Not really, I just don't want the club to take the Shaikh's filthy lucre.

tongue.png

Even if you give it away (which I doubt) you will still have accepted it. The Arsenal bank account will be tainted forever.

Apparently Pellegrini is going to rotate goalkeepers. This is what Pellegrini said in an interview.

"Willy has a good career behind him. It's important to have competition in every position in the team, not just with Joe Hart and Willy Caballero.

"Replacing Joe Hart with Willy Caballero doesn't make a difference.

"Tomorrow we'll play against Arsenal and one hour and 15 minutes before kick-off you will know which goalkeeper starts."

Apparently Pellegrini is going to rotate goalkeepers. This is what Pellegrini said in an interview.

"Willy has a good career behind him. It's important to have competition in every position in the team, not just with Joe Hart and Willy Caballero.

"Tomorrow we'll play against Arsenal and one hour and 15 minutes before kick-off you will know which goalkeeper starts."

Hmmm...sounds like Willy will get his feet wet. I'm not sure how I feel about that but its not a surprise. Willy is a top flight keeper and I doubt he would have arrived at City without some assurances he was going to get more than a little playing time. OTOH I worry about either Hart or Willy being in top form if they both are in and out. Remains to be seen I reckon.

Looks like Fernando and Jovetic won't be available against Arsenal.

Hmmm...sounds like Willy will get his feet wet. I'm not sure how I feel about that but its not a surprise. Willy is a top flight keeper and I doubt he would have arrived at City without some assurances he was going to get more than a little playing time. OTOH I worry about either Hart or Willy being in top form if they both are in and out. Remains to be seen I reckon.

Looks like Fernando and Jovetic won't be available against Arsenal.

Think I'd prefer Hart to start today.

Kompany may not be fit either.

Lampard in for Yaya hmmmmm...curious. A player who couldn't hold down a place for chelsea to replace the heart of midfield (lazy lump that he can be). Hope he gets this rotation right. Be interesting where milner starts...a 442 milner left side or a 433 but probably a 4411 with silva in the hole or a 5 when defending. Should be interesting

Man City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany ©, Demichelis, Clichy, Fernandinho, Lampard, Navas, Silva, Milner, Aguero

Welbeck straight in:

Arsenal Starting XI: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Ozil, Welbeck

Subs: Ospina, Chambers, Gibbs, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski

Manchester City Starting XI: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany ©, Demichelis, Clichy, Fernandinho, Lampard, Navas, Silva, Milner, Aguero

Subs: Caballero, Kolarov, Sagna, Mangala, Nasri, Sinclair, Dzeko