Manchester City

mrbojangles

And just as I posted that. City penalty and Sheff Wed now down to 10 men.

Toure just slotted it in. 4-0

Good to see you giving the young lad Toure a chance, nice to see you giving your youngsters a game.

Good to see you giving the young lad Toure a chance, nice to see you giving your youngsters a game.

Where does it state in the rules that we should play youngsters in the Cap Cup? Not a full stadium but over 32,000 fans is still a lot and who paid good money to watch this tie and wanted to see us win. Sheff Wed are only 3 points from the top of the Championship and they looked a very good side in the first half. It wasn't as if we were playing a League One side. thumbsup.gif

Pellegrini knew they could have been a potential banana skin and so put out a team that he considered not only good enough to win the tie but also consisting of players in need of game time (including Toure).

• Like 1

Where does it state in the rules that we should play youngsters in the Cap Cup? Not a full stadium but over 32,000 fans is still a lot and who paid good money to watch this tie and wanted to see us win. Sheff Wed are only 3 points from the top of the Championship and they looked a very good side in the first half. It wasn't as if we were playing a League One side. thumbsup.gif

Pellegrini knew they could have been a potential banana skin and so put out a team that he considered not only good enough to win the tie but also consisting of players in need of game time (including Toure).

Think Pelle said his biggest dissapointment last season was losing to Wigan in the FA Cup...and that is why he picked a strong team...respect to the opposition, no banana-skin, and get through the round.

@ Bredbury Blue

I've been away for a couple of weeks. Has the result of your poll been announced?

The poll was "whether to others Chicog come across as a sad miserable old git or i come across as a presumptuous fool" and popular vote was Chicog came across...

So you been darn Starmfud Bridge then of late? Enjoy last week's cracking game? Leicester were brilliant weren't they 555

@ Bredbury Blue

I've been away for a couple of weeks. Has the result of your poll been announced?

The poll was "whether to others Chicog come across as a sad miserable old git or i come across as a presumptuous fool" and popular vote was Chicog came across...

So you been darn Starmfud Bridge then of late? Enjoy last week's cracking game? Leicester were brilliant weren't they 555

I got the right answer then Mr BredburyBlue, faithful City supporter. thumbsup.gif

The Leicester manager is a class act.

I'll probably get grief from somebody on here for saying that.

@ Bredbury Blue

I got the right answer then Mr BredburyBlue, faithful City supporter. thumbsup.gif

The Leicester manager is a class act.

I'll probably get grief from somebody on here for saying that.

his moves to keep leicester up atm seem to be working, seems to have put together a squad of hungry players well up for it, which helps. will be interesting when lady luck doesn't shine on him

Come on everyone join in, choose your best City & Chelsea combined team. Here's mine:

Hart

Zaba ...Kompany. ..Mangala. ..Azpilicueta

Fabregas...Fernando...Yaya...Hazard

Silva

Aguero

A 4411.

Yep. Could work well. thumbsup.gif I'd play Courtois up front though.

But the only problem is UEFA wouldn't allow it.facepalm.gif And Chelsea and City have got to beat Barcelona, RM, PSG, Borussia Dortmund, and Ludogrets ( smile.png ) on their fkcing own.

Same with Hull.

w00t.gif

Come on everyone join in, choose your best City & Chelsea combined team. Here's mine:

Hart

Silva

Aguero

A 4411.

Hart, 5555

• Like 1

Hart

Silva

Aguero

A 4411.

Choosing Hart over Courtois is laughablecheesy.gif Courtois in a completely different level in every respect!

Aguero over Costa? On current form, no.

Hart

Silva

Aguero

A 4411.

Choosing Hart over Courtois is laughablecheesy.gif Courtois in a completely different level in every respect!

Why is it laughable Carms? Up for opinion and discussion yeah but laughable, no way. In the 5 prem games played thus far, Courtois has let in 7 and Hart 5. Have you forgot the howler Courtois let in against Burnley? 3 against Everton, 2 against Swansea etc. So I can't fathom where you get that Courtois is on a different level from.

As for Aguero and Costa. Form wise, I'd agree with Costa but I'd sooner have the temperament of Aguero any day. I haven't taken to Costa, I think he's a horrible, dirty git.

Hart

Silva

Aguero

A 4411.

Why is it laughable Carms? Up for opinion and discussion yeah but laughable, no way. In the 5 prem games played thus far, Courtois has let in 7 and Hart 5. Have you forgot the howler Courtois let in against Burnley? 3 against Everton, 2 against Swansea etc. So I can't fathom where you get that Courtois is on a different level from.

As for Aguero and Costa. Form wise, I'd agree with Costa but I'd sooner have the temperament of Aguero any day. I haven't taken to Costa, I think he's a horrible, dirty git.

Well Courtois is world class, arguably the second best keeper in the world behind Neuer. And well Hart worries me whenever the ball comes near him. Its scary that he's deemed the best we have for England. Maybe i shouldn't have said laughable so sorry for that but i just found it rather funny.

Know what you mean about Costa. Brings with him a reputation as a rather vocal in your face unpleasant player. Already seems quite justified. Mourinho must love himwink.png Fact is though, Costa has this incredible ability to be on the end of a loose ball. Nearly all his goals are in the box and quite forgettable but he's an incredibly effective player. Surely you have to select on form don't you?

Hart

Silva

Aguero

A 4411.

Well Courtois is world class, arguably the second best keeper in the world behind Neuer. And well Hart worries me whenever the ball comes near him. Its scary that he's deemed the best we have for England. Maybe i shouldn't have said laughable so sorry for that but i just found it rather funny.

Know what you mean about Costa. Brings with him a reputation as a rather vocal in your face unpleasant player. Already seems quite justified. Mourinho must love himwink.png Fact is though, Costa has this incredible ability to be on the end of a loose ball. Nearly all his goals are in the box and quite forgettable but he's an incredibly effective player. Surely you have to select on form don't you?

Hart obviously had a huge dip in form last season but I think he's come out of that now. I don't know if you watch all the City games but he's got his confidence back and has been pulling off some fantastic saves. I also think for the England V Swiss game, he kept us in it.

Agree about Costa. Purely on form, I think Costa would edge it.

Hart

Silva

Aguero

A 4411.

Speak your mind Mr. B. laugh.png

I notice noone can be arsed to put their 11 players down. Poor you guys! Get in to the spirit of this otherwise we'll conclude you ALL agree with my 11 except some prefer chelsea goalie over Hart and Costa over Aguero.

It's a tricky one BredburyBlue.

If Mr Pellegrini or Mr Mourinho could pick 21 players from a combined Chelsea-City squad they should in theory be able to give the best in Europe a run for their money.

But then there's the old intangible of how the f can Costa Rica do so well in the World Cup with no big stars.

I reckon Thierry Henry had it right. Need quality players but you need chemistry too.

Silva and Aguero works.

Fabregas and Costa works.

Absolute miracle how van Gaal got Holland so far, given he had a squad made up from about 15 different clubs.

Germany heavily reliant on just Bayern Munich and B Dortmund.

Prem is a different kettle of fish from La Liga and Bundesliga as Louis is now beginning to find out.

Can City beat Hull, Chelsea beat Villa, and UNITED beat West Ham?

Should be a formality. But it's not.

Today in the Prem there will be a few surprises.

Maybe that's the beauty of it.

Costa or Aguero, nah, Costa and Ageuro. Matic would also go in there.

thumbsup.gif

"If it's not madness, it's not love." Catholic Priest called Barca from around the 16th Century I believe.

Hence the phrase 'Barking Mad.'

Nothing to do with Dagenham & Redbridge apparently.

smile.png

Well what a strange game that was! First 20 minutes was perfect...couple of goals, total useful possession and Hull couldn't live with us. Then they score from Mangala own goal and Hull still hadn't had a shot on goal. Then Mangala having a nightmare gives a penalty away and Hull make it 2v2 with their first shot on goal from the penalty and suddenly Hull wake up from being star struck. Thought Pelle's substitions were spot on. Wasn't keen on him taking Silva off to board up midfield with Demechellis with so long to go but we looked very assured till the end. So after a great start, we dodged a bullet and are still just keeping up with Chelsea.

Aguero, 31 goals in his last 37 games and you reckon Costa is the form player.

What happened to mangala today?